Living in Jeddah

Old Apr 9th 2009, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of
Default Re: Living in Jeddah

Hi there,
it's a while ago, but we got a villa!!!It is a Villanova type (whatever that means) in Catalonia/Sierra Village. Since I haven't seen the compound (only my husband did and he forgot to take pictures) I would like to take you up on your offer on sending pictures. How can I send you my PM? Posting here?
Old Apr 9th 2009, 3:49 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you looked at their website?

http://www.arabian-homes.com/index.htm
Old Apr 9th 2009, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

Yeah, thanks. But they don't have too many pictures there. And the view of an insider is always the better one
Old May 6th 2009, 9:34 am
Just Joined

l00ney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dilmun
My husband took a job in Jeddah and we are offered housing in either Sharbatly Village or Arabian Homes. We have two children aged 12 and 13 who will visit the American School in Jeddah. Which compound would you recommend???
Thnx a million! Any advice is appreciated!
hi... Sharbatli compound is nice.. i visited it many times as our seniour japanese engineer used to stay there....
lets be friends ... i am an engineer working in jeddah
Old May 6th 2009, 10:49 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by l00ney
hi... Sharbatli compound is nice.. i visited it many times as our seniour japanese engineer used to stay there....
lets be friends ... i am an engineer working in jeddah
Ho L00ney, I'll be your friend. Please PM me your bank account details, username and password so that I can credit your account with warm fuzzy feelings.
Old May 6th 2009, 10:56 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
Ho L00ney, I'll be your friend. Please PM me your bank account details, username and password so that I can credit your account with warm fuzzy feelings.
you remind me of The Dean...
Old May 6th 2009, 11:00 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
He's bigger than me.
Old May 6th 2009, 11:37 am
Just Joined

JEDDAH PETE is an unknown quantity at this point

I am living on an Arabian Homes compound in Jeddah. Andalus Village is smaller than Sierra but has a lot of British expats and a really friendly vibe. Sierra is larger and I feel it is a little impersonal. Sierra does have more events and facilities going for it but I would not discount Andalus. I have no idea if there is availability, since we have been in Jeddah more and more expats have been coming back and filling up the compounds.

Living in Jeddah is not quite the same as the mid 90's but it is definitely getting better.
Old May 6th 2009, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

l00ney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MataHari
Hello !!

So nice of u .. that was really funny ....anyway ... feel free to contact me anyone of u ... would love to talk to
Old May 6th 2009, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks to all of you.
We will move to Sierra Village by end of August (inshallah, all depends on how fast the visa process is done).
Looking really forward to this new adventure
Old May 26th 2009, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

nikedge is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Husband is coming out in July and we (me and 2 daughters aged 3 and 4) will follow in Autumn we have been looking at Sharbatly and Sierra compounds too. Hoping the eldest will be going to the International School- but will visit schools before deciding which. Which compound do you think is best for this age children?
Just out of interest too- how far is it to beach?- are there buses or do you need to hire a car and driver?

Thank you
Nikki
Old May 26th 2009, 8:17 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nikedge
Hi

Husband is coming out in July and we (me and 2 daughters aged 3 and 4) will follow in Autumn we have been looking at Sharbatly and Sierra compounds too. Hoping the eldest will be going to the International School- but will visit schools before deciding which. Which compound do you think is best for this age children?
Just out of interest too- how far is it to beach?- are there buses or do you need to hire a car and driver?

Thank you
Nikki
My preference would be Sierra. The other compound (Sharbatly) is next to the main prison and is not dissimilar in appearance. The beaches are 20 minutes by car. Some larger compounds organise bus trips for the families. Not sure how easy it would be to hire a car with driver.
Old May 26th 2009, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nikedge
Hi

Thank you
Nikki

On Sierra Village is a limoservice and also busservice to shopping malls and beach clubs. As tenant on the Sierra Village compound you get discount in one beach club, but don't ask me now which one, can't remember

I think Sharbatly offers more or less the same service, but my husband thought this compound a bit run down.
Which international school is your daughter starting on?
Old May 26th 2009, 8:36 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dilmun
On Sierra Village is a limoservice and also busservice to shopping malls and beach clubs. As tenant on the Sierra Village compound you get discount in one beach club, but don't ask me now which one, can't remember

I think Sharbatly offers more or less the same service, but my husband thought this compound a bit run down.
Which international school is your daughter starting on?
...and lOOney stays at Sharbatly Village so that's a good reason for choosing Sierra, as he comes across as such a womanizing creep.
Old May 26th 2009, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

nikedge is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the rapid replys!

Sierra is definately coming out on top. Not sure about schools- hoping for The British International (also called Continental I understand). Also I'm guessing not- but is there anywhere I can ride horses in Jeddah? As this is what I'll miss most (obviously family and friends but horses mostly .

Thank you

Nikki

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.