Living in Dubai

Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:14 am
Account Closed

larnie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in Dubai

Well this will be an interesting exercise. 2 and 1/2 years ago I started a thread called 'Living in Al Ain'. Since then it has generated 1821 threads and 112,799 views. Many people have beneifited from this as their is not a lot of information available on AA. Now I am 3 weeks away from 'Living in Dubai' and I have all the same questions and requests and fears I had way back then. So here goes!!!

I am arriving in 27 sleeps. DH has been working on YAS Island and living in JBR. We have been apart for 11 months due to circumstances beyond our control. OK so the things I need to know are:

Coffee and friends for 50 plus women (no kids), not that I don't love kids but....
I need a job (Office Management, Property Management, Admin)
Where to live? DH is flatting but that won't last long once I am back? JBR? Discovery? What is the true picture of rents?
Hairdresser?
Doctor?
Gym?

Having lived in Al Ain for 2 years I am so looking forward to Dubai, so much more to experience.

Looking forward to new friends and new experiences courtesy of Dubai!!

Chur Chur!!!
Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Dubai

Originally Posted by larnie
Well this will be an interesting exercise. 2 and 1/2 years ago I started a thread called 'Living in Al Ain'. Since then it has generated 1821 threads and 112,799 views. Many people have beneifited from this as their is not a lot of information available on AA. Now I am 3 weeks away from 'Living in Dubai' and I have all the same questions and requests and fears I had way back then. So here goes!!!

I am arriving in 27 sleeps. DH has been working on YAS Island and living in JBR. We have been apart for 11 months due to circumstances beyond our control. OK so the things I need to know are:

Coffee and friends for 50 plus women (no kids), not that I don't love kids but....
Where to live? DH is flatting but that won't last long once I am back? JBR? Discovery? What is the true picture of rents?
Hairdresser?
Doctor?
Gym?

Having lived in Al Ain for 2 years I am so looking forward to Dubai, so much more to experience.

Chur Chur!!!
Don't even think about another thread of the 'Al Ain' length. Nobody posts anything about Al Ain, as not many live there, so plenty of scope for 'thread material' but Dubai is well-known to most people who hang around here.

I predict a lot of 'do a search, the answers are already there' replies.

By the way, what's the population of Al Ain? A lot of people must have posted a lot of times to generate 112,000 responses...........
Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Hairdresser?
Doctor?
Gym?

Chur Chur!!!
.......... and what the f--- does "27 sleeps" mean?
Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:42 am
Is not impressed...

Aikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really nice

How's the drive from JBR to Yas island? I may work in Zayed Military City next year (north of Yas island, but prob similar distance) and we are working out places to live. So far the contenders seem to be Arabian Ranches, Emirates Hills, Al Raha, and Sas al Nakhl.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The Dean
Get a life man!!
Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:56 am
Account Closed

Don't even think about another thread of the 'Al Ain' length. Nobody posts anything about Al Ain, as not many live there, so plenty of scope for 'thread material' but Dubai is well-known to most people who hang around here.

By the way, what's the population of Al Ain? A lot of people must have posted a lot of times to generate 112,000 responses...........
Self evident I woukld have thought?
Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Aikman7981
How's the drive from JBR to Yas island? I may work in Zayed Military City next year (north of Yas island, but prob similar distance) and we are working out places to live. So far the contenders seem to be Arabian Ranches, Emirates Hills, Al Raha, and Sas al Nakhl.
Hey! DH travels 50 mins each way to JBR to YAS not sure about Zayed? Chur!
Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:22 am
Account Closed

Wow! Can't believe this response? Such 'moronic behaviour to a simple request? begs the question? BE is an information forum so where do morons like 'The Dean' get off responding this way? Sad!
Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:30 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

but Dean is right...the questions you are asking have all been asked and answered a million times before..

I couldnt give two hoots if your al Ain thread got a zillion posts, this thread will be the same old tosh...

here goes..

BC will recommend Juan the hairdresser who is obviously giving her one..
MH and MM will recommend some shitty lebo slophole to boost thier ego's
Lionheart will recommend a brunch at the marina because its cheap

there you go, thread closed please
Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:57 am
Is not impressed...

Aikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really nice

Al Ain has a reported pop of just under 400,000 as of 2009. Rumored to have around 2000 Western expats almost exclusively medical, education and military. That number seems to be growing lately as a few projects get under way.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
but Dean is right...the questions you are asking have all been asked and answered a million times before..

I couldnt give two hoots if your al Ain thread got a zillion posts, this thread will be the same old tosh...

here goes..

BC will recommend Juan the hairdresser who is obviously giving her one..
MH and MM will recommend some shitty lebo slophole to boost thier ego's
Lionheart will recommend a brunch at the marina because its cheap

there you go, thread closed please
why do you always have to be so rude???
Old Oct 9th 2009, 11:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wow! Can't believe this response? Such 'moronic behaviour to a simple request? begs the question? BE is an information forum so where do morons like 'The Dean' get off responding this way? Sad!
You asked the stupid questions....... but I'm the moron?

Hmmm............... I'll repeat myself - politely - the Al Ain thread was interesting for a few weeks, even to those who have never lived there (quite educational actually), but then drifted off-topic.

Your Dubai questions are old hat, and will have been covered many times already.

You seem quite keen just to be the instigator of a long thread....... you might succeed, but it won't be because people are keen to tell you about Dubai.

And another thing - if you've been in Al Ain all that time, surely you must have picked up something useful about Dubai? It's not a remote inhospitable place half-way round the world..... like Christchurch.............

Chur!!!!!
Old Oct 9th 2009, 12:01 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
why do you always have to be so rude???
why am i being rude, i am sick of all this tosh..

and sweetheart, that was not rude..
Old Oct 9th 2009, 12:02 pm
banned

You seem quite keen just to be the instigator of a long thread....... you might succeed, but it won't be because people are keen to tell you about Dubai.

Chur!!!!!
thats what she is wanting...so she can have an article on the front of the BE website.....woohoo..
Old Oct 9th 2009, 1:16 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
why am i being rude, i am sick of all this tosh..

and sweetheart, that was not rude..
that's the problem with you...you might not think it's rude, but others obviously do...
I really cannot understand why you feel like you have to make posts like this time and time again, it's not funny, it doesn't add anything...
but hey, neither does flirting eh...so who am I to talk...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.