British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Living in Al Ain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/living-al-ain-457411/)

katrinalucas Mar 12th 2009 1:04 am

agents

I have recommended several people to Abu Khalid 050 449 4103, he was great with us and others also seem to be happy.

Bully Wee Boy Mar 12th 2009 2:55 am

Re: Living in Al Ain

Ibrahim got my villa for me - 050 643 5298

Blue Cat Mar 12th 2009 3:11 am

thanks guys :thumbup:

DesertDog Mar 14th 2009 9:52 pm

Hello fellow Al Ainians,

I have just stumbled across this forum whilst researching available villas in Al Ain and wish i had found it much earlier - you seem like a very friendly and helpful lot :)
I am no newcomer to Al Ain having lived here for 6 years.

I have just been turfed out of my villa by a landlord who claims he wants to bulldoze the place and build flats but probably just wants to up the rent by a large amount.

Sassy, I see that u work part time for an agent, Khalid, whom I have not come across in my various dealings with agents.
Do you know of any 3,4 or 5 bedroom villas available at the moment, budget to 130K, preferably on the north/west side of Al Ain - i work at the airport.

Any info much appreciated as I have not had much luck so far and we have to be out by end of next month.

Cheers

shammy Mar 16th 2009 2:42 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7372297)
thanks guys :thumbup:

These numbers are a copy of those listed before.....

1- 0507537844 Ebrahim
2- 0503862411 Abdollah
3- 0505435535 mohammed
4- 0503304210 Yaser
5- 0508321516 Ali
6- 0503336027 no name
7- 050693055 sudanese guy but forgot his name - (Think this is Jamal)
8- 0503333630 forgot his name too

Got to admit that I would have to advise anyone dealing with Khalid to be very careful, we got our house through him, and on re contracting found out about a verbal contract he had made with the landlord, to the effect that we were very happy to have the rent increased by 30K after the first year - as well as the fact that we would landscape the place at our expense!!! Luckily the landlord is a lovely man, and has backed down, knowing we knew nothing of this!! Of all of them Jamal is lovely and trustworthy, and does not charge for helping out with all the little bits that go along with moving in! Good luck! Shammy

shammy Mar 16th 2009 2:45 am

Originally Posted by DesertDog (Post 7380905)
Hello fellow Al Ainians,

I have just stumbled across this forum whilst researching available villas in Al Ain and wish i had found it much earlier - you seem like a very friendly and helpful lot :)
I am no newcomer to Al Ain having lived here for 6 years.

I have just been turfed out of my villa by a landlord who claims he wants to bulldoze the place and build flats but probably just wants to up the rent by a large amount.

Sassy, I see that u work part time for an agent, Khalid, whom I have not come across in my various dealings with agents.
Do you know of any 3,4 or 5 bedroom villas available at the moment, budget to 130K, preferably on the north/west side of Al Ain - i work at the airport.

Any info much appreciated as I have not had much luck so far and we have to be out by end of next month.

Cheers

Try Jamal - see previous, Our Landlord is looking for someone for the house next door I think- it is on the desert road, which leads onto the airport road - Al Masoudi. Don't think he is interested in dealing with Khalid!

shammy Mar 16th 2009 2:48 am

A little reminder that one of the coffee:) mornings is tomorrow morning at Cosi, Al Jimi Mall - 10am, numbers are slipping a little which is a shame, there is so much information and support to pass on, I would hate to see it slip away!! Hope to see you there.
Shammy

Blue Cat Mar 16th 2009 2:54 am

Originally Posted by shammy (Post 7384835)
These numbers are a copy of those listed before.....

1- 0507537844 Ebrahim
2- 0503862411 Abdollah
3- 0505435535 mohammed
4- 0503304210 Yaser
5- 0508321516 Ali
6- 0503336027 no name
7- 050693055 sudanese guy but forgot his name - (Think this is Jamal)
8- 0503333630 forgot his name too

Got to admit that I would have to advise anyone dealing with Khalid to be very careful, we got our house through him, and on re contracting found out about a verbal contract he had made with the landlord, to the effect that we were very happy to have the rent increased by 30K after the first year - as well as the fact that we would landscape the place at our expense!!! Luckily the landlord is a lovely man, and has backed down, knowing we knew nothing of this!! Of all of them Jamal is lovely and trustworthy, and does not charge for helping out with all the little bits that go along with moving in! Good luck! Shammy

usmahere Mar 17th 2009 5:36 pm

I have been in Al Ain for several months now - and have had the intention to come along to meet some of you at the coffee mornings at Jimi...... just havent been able to make it for one reason of another! Just wanted to check, I have 2 toddlers - would it be possible to bring them along?? Or is this grown ups only :D

ponky Mar 17th 2009 5:52 pm

Hi

I am new to Al Ain and would like to meet up with some people. Can you please advise of the coffee mornings. Has anyone started a book club yet?

minetoo Mar 17th 2009 6:25 pm

As Shammy said in an earlier post, there is a coffee on Tuesdays at Cosi in Al Jimi Mall. There is another coffee on Mondays at Starbucks in Al Ain Mall. Newcomers/ newbies are welcome at both coffees. Children are not a problem at either one.

I know there are several book clubs around but I can't give you any information on them as I really don't have the time with 3 little ones.

MT

Amazing Grace Mar 17th 2009 6:27 pm

Just about to put fingers to keys and you beat me to it MT, see you Monday;)

minetoo Mar 17th 2009 6:30 pm

Morning AG. We missed you Monday. Don't worry about not making to Bawadi. It was a disaster. Several people hit their heads on the lights and caused the shades to become loose. The sitting arrangement wasn't great either. Probably won't be back until the rest of the mall is open.

MT:)

Amazing Grace Mar 17th 2009 6:33 pm

Thats why I didnt come because there isnt much to walk around and look at yet. I soooooooooo want Magrudys to hurry up and open.

I am going to Greece in my garden tomorrow night. We are having the Greek Car Park with a 10 piece Greek band and Greek food and the weather is perfect now so we are on Table 22 if anyone wants to come and say hello:thumbup:

minetoo Mar 17th 2009 6:50 pm

My new american friend is going to the Greek Car Park. Maybe you will get to meet her before next Monday.

I have heard through the grapevine that 50% of the stores at Bawadi will be open by next Thursday. The rest to follow individually. I am sure there will be a line for Mcgrudy's on the first day.

MT