British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Living in Al Ain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/living-al-ain-457411/)

damok Feb 24th 2009 12:58 am

Re: Living in Al Ain

Hey guys, my girlfriend is looking for a job in Al Ain as a nurse.

Just wondering if anyone is working as a nurse, and in particular a theater nurse? Very curious about the standard working hours in comparison to Saudi (44 hours).

Any recommendations and info about conditions for nursing in Al Ain will be very much appreciated.

My interview is on Thursday, wish me luck!!

Damo

Amazing Grace Feb 24th 2009 4:03 pm

Will PM you details:thumbup:

shammy Feb 25th 2009 4:49 am

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace (Post 7320290)
Will PM you details:thumbup:

Hi AG, Have not seen you for ages, will try to pop in to the Monday coffee this week, now that I have finished working. Was wondering if you knew if there was another progressive dinner in the making???
Take care,:) Shammy

shammy Feb 25th 2009 4:51 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7313764)
Hey guys,

I am cycling from abu dhabi to al ain on the 5th march for cancer awareness..

Never been to al ain so what a better way to arrive for the first time....

With an aching ass.

Anyway, ill be there at about midday, I expect you all to turn out and offer me love, support, food, beer and more than likely a defibulator..

Cheers

Where is the finish line??

sassypilotswife Feb 25th 2009 6:06 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7313764)
Hey guys,

I am cycling from abu dhabi to al ain on the 5th march for cancer awareness..

Never been to al ain so what a better way to arrive for the first time....

With an aching ass.

Anyway, ill be there at about midday, I expect you all to turn out and offer me love, support, food, beer and more than likely a defibulator..

Cheers

LOL Commander !! If i am in the country I will have it charged at 200 joules with some Epi and Amiodorone ready... hopefully though just a nice chilled bottle of water will do ya !!!! after that.. where ya going then ?

sassypilotswife Feb 25th 2009 6:08 am

Originally Posted by damok (Post 7317798)
Hey guys, my girlfriend is looking for a job in Al Ain as a nurse.

Just wondering if anyone is working as a nurse, and in particular a theater nurse? Very curious about the standard working hours in comparison to Saudi (44 hours).

Any recommendations and info about conditions for nursing in Al Ain will be very much appreciated.

My interview is on Thursday, wish me luck!!

Damo

Damo.. i finally got your 2 pm's today.. check yours. See you on Thursday and bring 5 copies of your gf's CV for me to distribute.

sassypilotswife Feb 25th 2009 6:11 am

Originally Posted by shammy (Post 7322355)
Hi AG, Have not seen you for ages, will try to pop in to the Monday coffee this week, now that I have finished working. Was wondering if you knew if there was another progressive dinner in the making???
Take care,:) Shammy

Shammy girl.. how ya been ? been ages since i've seen you here. been a few since i've been on myself.. new villa, no internet yet and hubby is in Paris ( poor baby he wants me to think)

AG... Happy Belated B'day.. I skyped you but had no contact after that :)
PS.. i'm at the Hilton tonight in a chalet if you want to meet for coffee or something tomorrow

Amazing Grace Feb 25th 2009 5:07 pm

Just catching up with messages, thank you for the birthday wishes I got them on Skype but only this morning. Dont know if you are still around "my house" but you have my number so give me a ring.

Shammy, I am fine thanks, not been commutting so much this year so far, touch wood, it would be nice to catch up for coffee sometime.

No progressive dinners so far this year due to it being too cold but watch this space there may be some before the summer.

Holking Mar 10th 2009 10:13 pm

Re: Lawyer needed urgently

Originally Posted by Holking (Post 7303759)
:unsure:can anyone recommend a good lawyer in Al Ain? My husband got frustrated with a driver speeding, flashing his lights, and tailgaiting him. When he passed he gave him a rude hand signal. A toitally stupid thing to do we know and very much out of character with him.Now going to court so lawyer needed urgently.thank you

Update. Husband has been to court and had choice of fine or 10 days in jail. We took fine option and are delighted it is over with.

thank you for messages of support
x

katrinalucas Mar 10th 2009 10:28 pm

handyman

I have two questions... completely unrelated

- does anyone have contact details for a company or can recommend a man (or woman) to come round to the house to use a drill to hang a clothesline and a few pictures on the walls. And to mow (or whipper snip) a small piece of grass, it seems silly for us to go out and buy a lawnmower.

- where is a good spot for a curry, preferably that can be home delivered.

Thanks in advance !

Aussieoverseas Mar 11th 2009 1:40 pm

Re: handyman

Originally Posted by katrinalucas (Post 7366954)

- does anyone have contact details for a company or can recommend a man (or woman) to come round to the house to use a drill to hang a clothesline and a few pictures on the walls. And to mow (or whipper snip) a small piece of grass, it seems silly for us to go out and buy a lawnmower.

Thanks in advance !

The Dubai Mughal is a great Indian restaurant at the bottom of Al Ain Mall - on the corner facing the traffic lights. They do take away and have also catered for a party I attended.

Can't help with the other bits but if you join the al ain expats yahoo group and post to there you will find someone I am sure

:thumbsup:

shammy Mar 11th 2009 4:18 pm

Re: handyman

Originally Posted by katrinalucas (Post 7366954)

Thanks in advance !

Chinawall delivers Thai Curries, 03 7664004 - They are located near town square, but deliver anywhere. Also Wednesady night is Curry night at the Rugby club, not delivery, but a good curry!!
Shammy

shammy Mar 11th 2009 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace (Post 7324179)
Just catching up with messages, thank you for the birthday wishes I got them on Skype but only this morning. Dont know if you are still around "my house" but you have my number so give me a ring.

Shammy, I am fine thanks, not been commutting so much this year so far, touch wood, it would be nice to catch up for coffee sometime.

No progressive dinners so far this year due to it being too cold but watch this space there may be some before the summer.

Look forward to it! Coffee mornings seem to have fizzled out are you still going to Al Ain Mall on Mondays?
Shammy

Amazing Grace Mar 11th 2009 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by shammy (Post 7370320)
Look forward to it! Coffee mornings seem to have fizzled out are you still going to Al Ain Mall on Mondays?
Shammy

Yes if the children are at school then yes the coffee morning are on a Monday still in Al Ain Mall

Blue Cat Mar 11th 2009 6:56 pm

I don't want to have to trawl through the entire thread but can those of you with phone numbers for renting Agents please post them, I have got a friend arriving June who will be looking for a villa.