Living in Al Ain

Old Aug 25th 2010, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

osama129 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Originally Posted by lucky13
Hi Larnie. Its nice to hear from you. Would you like to meet for coffee tomorrow, around 12 noon, Al Ain Mall, Gloria Jean's ????
Got huge kids garment stuff some are branded ,thinking of doing somekind of get together day,where we can do somekind of yard sale ,invite ppl to join it and we may do a lot of fun activities for kids .
i am an egyptian husband staying in al in .
if interested please let me know.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

UkMum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by osama129
Got huge kids garment stuff some are branded ,thinking of doing somekind of get together day,where we can do somekind of yard sale ,invite ppl to join it and we may do a lot of fun activities for kids .
i am an egyptian husband staying in al in .
if interested please let me know.
Hi, Im interested
Old Aug 26th 2010, 7:33 am
Just Joined

Noha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in Al Ain

Hi, I know a very good and reliable cleaning lady for part time house cleaning. She speaks English and cleans very well. Her name is Aisha and her number is 050 9287998.

Greetings,
Noha
Old Aug 26th 2010, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

haloola is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cymrolass
Can anyone recommend a nice but not too expensive hotel in Muscat?
I've stayed at the Golden Tulip a couple of times. It was for work so didn't have to pay myself but think the price was quite reasonable. There's a nice swimming pool, Irish themed pub and a well-stocked mini-bar!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by UkMum
Hi, Im interested
Thanks , then how do you like us to start , can we discuss this on the phone.
My Cell phone no. is 0504556102
Old Aug 27th 2010, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

ozkingy is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

We are leaving Al Ain shortly and are looking to, reluctantly, re-house our pet Beagle. She has a heart condition which requires medication 3 times a day. She is happy and stable on the medication, but the flight back to Oz and 45 days in Quarantine means she will not be able to be medicated correctly. It will cause her suffering and distress which we would prefer not to put her through. I have a poster with all the details on it. If you can help out, or know someone who can, please send me a PM with you email address and I will send the flyer.

Thanks,

Ben.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

frequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to all
Default Alcohol License

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the process for getting an alcohol license please.

I understand I need a form from Spinneys and a letter from my employer. Is there a pro-forma for this letter? I understand I then need to take the form, letter, passport with visa, photo's, hat size, shoe size and inside leg measurement to the police station with the usual 200 DHS.

Which police station? Some people say Abu Dhabi others say Al Ain. Also where is the police station?

I'm confused. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Frequentflyer1234
Old Aug 27th 2010, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Alcohol License

Originally Posted by frequentflyer1234
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the process for getting an alcohol license please.

I understand I need a form from Spinneys and a letter from my employer. Is there a pro-forma for this letter? I understand I then need to take the form, letter, passport with visa, photo's, hat size, shoe size and inside leg measurement to the police station with the usual 200 DHS.

Which police station? Some people say Abu Dhabi others say Al Ain. Also where is the police station?

I'm confused. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Frequentflyer1234
I believe the police station at Khalifa City in Abu Dhabi is the place to go. Might have changed though. I think there's some info on the Abu Dhabi police webpage. Spinneys does have the forms though. Have fun with yet another admin shaft in the UAE!
Old Aug 28th 2010, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

cheeznleez is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozkingy
I believe the police station at Khalifa City in Abu Dhabi is the place to go. Might have changed though. I think there's some info on the Abu Dhabi police webpage. Spinneys does have the forms though. Have fun with yet another admin shaft in the UAE!
Do we actually NEED a license? I heard you need one in Dubai, but not in Abu Dhabi Emirate.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cheeznleez
Do we actually NEED a license? I heard you need one in Dubai, but not in Abu Dhabi Emirate.
Yes, you do need a licence to purchase alcohol from an alcohol retailer in Abu Dhabi. If there was such a place that you didn't need one, to advertise the fact here on an open forum may lead to dire and undesirable effects. I'd suggest you get the latest information about alcohol licencing and purchasing face to face with someone you know, or via Private messages.

Cheers.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 3:56 am
Just Joined

tomsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozkingy
Yes, you do need a licence to purchase alcohol from an alcohol retailer in Abu Dhabi. If there was such a place that you didn't need one, to advertise the fact here on an open forum may lead to dire and undesirable effects. I'd suggest you get the latest information about alcohol licencing and purchasing face to face with someone you know, or via Private messages.

Cheers.
Can anyone who has had laser eye surgery in the middle east recommend a clinic? Any ideas about cost?
Old Aug 29th 2010, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by UkMum
Hi, Im interested
where are you ukmom, still expcting your call
Old Aug 30th 2010, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

dagklip is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ....sorry to jump in. I will be arriving Al Ain 1st Oct from Cape Town (wife and 2 children 14, 12) will arrive Jan '11....for an agricultural project. Looking for a 3 bedroom villa in "nice" area. Company has given 84 000 for housing....does this seem reasonable amount to find something relatively decent? Any recommendation on names of popular suburbs?
Old Aug 31st 2010, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Originally Posted by dagklip
Hi ....sorry to jump in. I will be arriving Al Ain 1st Oct from Cape Town (wife and 2 children 14, 12) will arrive Jan '11....for an agricultural project. Looking for a 3 bedroom villa in "nice" area. Company has given 84 000 for housing....does this seem reasonable amount to find something relatively decent? Any recommendation on names of popular suburbs?
Seems a bit low - although we are in a small 3 bed villa that cost 80k, but these are rare and we are the envy of all our friends. I would be asking them for at least 100k, though 130-140k would be perfect. As to areas, most areas apart from central are great - which area are you going to be working in? Al Ain is spread out over a large area, so if you can live near your work or the schools then you will save a whole lot of time and energy travelling! Go onto google earth, have a look at the schools area and you might get an idea of the city's layout. PM me for specific info.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

UkMum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dagklip
Hi, I am in the process of househunting in Al Ain. I think that 84 is not enough money for housing. My friend just got a small 3 bed for 105. Ask for more. Good areas near school are Falj Haza or Zakher. However, as Blue Lioness said, most areas are nice and even if you lived further away, you would be able to drive to schools within half an hour or so.

Good luck with the move!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.