Reload this Page >

Live in Maid Dubai

Live in Maid Dubai

Old Mar 29th 2009, 10:54 am
Just Joined

Melanie Reilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Live in Maid Dubai

Hi,
Can anyone shed some light for me. I am a single woman living in Dubai and travel alot with my job I need to find a live in maid for my 2 dogs but called the immigration department and they told me I am not allowed to sponsor a maid being a single female???
Can anyone recommend a good agency? Please help!
Old Mar 29th 2009, 11:26 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Live in Maid Dubai

Originally Posted by Melanie Reilly
Hi,
Can anyone shed some light for me. I am a single woman living in Dubai and travel alot with my job I need to find a live in maid for my 2 dogs but called the immigration department and they told me I am not allowed to sponsor a maid being a single female???
is that right? i wouldnt see why you cant sponsor a maid?

I assume you are here on a visa with your work?

maybe im wrong, but that info sounds incorrect!!

ps what type of dogs do you have?
Old Mar 29th 2009, 11:47 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I believe only certain professionals can sponsor maids if single and female. You should check with your company's PRO as he/she may be able help anyways.

N.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 11:48 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I believe only certain professionals can sponsor maids if single and female. You should check with your company's PRO as he/she may be able help anyways.

N.
does it depend on salary?
Old Mar 29th 2009, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by commander
Partly, although you do need to be a "family" in order to sponsor a maid (apparently).
Old Mar 29th 2009, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what the rule is, but IMHO u are better off not sponsoring and getting an agency in, they are more trouble than they are worth.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Hi,
Thanks everyone....my dogs are cocker spaniels...looks like I might take the easy option and go with an agency less hassle by the sounds of it
Old Mar 29th 2009, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

is that right? i wouldnt see why you cant sponsor a maid?

I assume you are here on a visa with your work?

ps what type of dogs do you have?
Thanks everyone...Looks like I may go with an agency...sounds like a hassle through residency just got off the phone to them again and apparently being single professional woman expat I can appeal for an approval...can anyone recommend an agency??? My dogs are gorgeous english cocker spaniels
Old Mar 29th 2009, 5:08 pm
banned

I used to have an english cocker spaniel in Dubai and 2 springers and a back lab in the UK.

Good luck, those dogs need exercising!!
Old Mar 30th 2009, 4:49 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I think there's a minimum threshold for sponsoring a maid plus for women they would need to be of a certain visa category or it's difficult.

It might be easier to hire someone from one of the reputable companies rather than sponsor your own maid. At least if you're not happy with her you can call her office and ask for someone else.

N.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 5:11 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, you would appear to be wrong. Maids are technically for couples or families only. Why not "borrow" a neighbour/friend's maid? Although illegal, its a stupid rule which needs to be flexible...like the villa sharing and car pooling rules, both ridiculously conceived.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by lionheart
Yes, you would appear to be wrong. Maids are technically for couples or families only. Why not "borrow" a neighbour/friend's maid? Although illegal, its a stupid rule which needs to be flexible...like the villa sharing and car pooling rules, both ridiculously conceived.
It's not a stupid rule in the contexts of a country where consensual adult sex is illegal outside the framework of marriage as they define it...

There are many rules here which will ultimately hold the whole country back.

N.