Live in Bahrain (with no sponsor) and work in Saudi

Old Sep 2nd 2012, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

jimhurt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Live in Bahrain (with no sponsor) and work in Saudi

Hello Folks

I am hoping you can help me out with some advice:

Some background:

I am a Brit, my wife is a Thai but will become a Brit passport holder by end Feb 2013.

In January, I am starting work for a small Brit company in Saudi as its local Country Manager - the company has a local sponsor. I am hoping to live in Bahrain and commute, however, the company has no reprosentation in Bahrain just in Saudi.

The local Saudi sponsor has suggested a six month visit visa whilst he looks into the requirements to sponsor a Saudi residency - sponsoring a Brit is a first for him too.

I might have this completely wrong, so any advice and guidance would be appreciated:

1.I travel out in Jan with a six month visit visa for Saudi
2.I obtain, according to Bahrain evisas site, a 5 year multiple reentry visa, good for 28 day stays from the embassy (Can I do this without a sponsor?)

Would the two visas above allow me to travel in and out of Saudi 3 days a week?

Also, if the saudi sponsor then starts the process to get me a Saudi residency, can I continue to travel in and out on the visit visa to Bahrain?

3. Wifey travels out with me in Jan (on her Thai passport) and gets a two week visa at the airport. Can this be extended for a further period in country?

4. Wifey travels back to the UK in Jan, gets her UK passport and then applies for a 3 month, single entry evisit visa over the internet and then reenters. Again, can this be extended locally?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Its a new operation in Saudi, I am there to grow the business but I really dont want to be seperated from my Mrs for an extended period of time and I really dont want to reside in Saudi!

Thanks Folks,
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Live in Bahrain (with no sponsor) and work in Saudi

PS A mate has said that if I rent a villa in his complex, the owner - a Bahraini chap with the right surname and wasta has said he will sort of my wife's Bahraini visa and residency - not sure how or what that looks like as the onversation hasnt progressed or even if we'd need him too.

Thanks again.
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Live in Bahrain (with no sponsor) and work in Saudi

Bump - 103 views, has anoyone got some info?