Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Lions v Springboks

Lions v Springboks

Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about
Post Lions v Springboks

Is anybody else going to the Crowne Plaza this Saturday to watch the Lions beat the Springboks and make it 7 - 0 ?
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:10 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lions v Springboks

Originally Posted by 954RR
Is anybody else going to the Crowne Plaza this Saturday to watch the Lions beat the Springboks and make it 7 - 0 ?
No but I will be watching the Springboks beat the Lions on TV at home. Have you not watched their last few games, the Lions are rubbish. Will also watch the All Blacks gain retribution against France, which will be a much better game.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Have you seen the Boks line-up? They've got a really strong team and if the Lions are going to beat them, they really need to step up a gear.

Don't get me wrong, I'l love to see them win being a Brit, I just think they've under-performed so far. Hopefully they'll peak on Saturday, and carry this on for the following two Saturdays.

It's gonna be a battle though, with one or two bruises being given on both sides. Hopefully be a good game though.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
Have you seen the Boks line-up? They've got a really strong team and if the Lions are going to beat them, they really need to step up a gear.
Come on guys we need a positive outlook here. The team has been juggled with over the last few games to come up with a winning formula for the weekend.
Now I know one or two of the lads got a bit of a bruising on Tuesday (great match by the way) but I think they will step up a gear and surprise the boks.

Besides there is a BBQ and cheap (relatively) beer.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

You're right, that's no way to support them, I'm sure they can beat them with the line-up I'm sure will come good on Saturday.

Enjoy the match, I'll be sporting my new Lions shirt having finally found one here in Abu Dhabi.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:41 am
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of

Planning to be there - but not sure I want to watch the game surrounded by a bunch of rowdy Saffers!

It's been hard enough struggling to maintain composure with the totally biased SA commentary on the TV up until now.

That said - I have got a ticket resereved for the last test in Jo' burg - so if they win the first one I will be checking flight bookings first thing Sunday morning. Come on the Lions!
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:43 am
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of

You're right, that's no way to support them, I'm sure they can beat them with the line-up I'm sure will come good on Saturday.

Enjoy the match, I'll be sporting my new Lions shirt having finally found one here in Abu Dhabi.
Where in AD is selling Lions shirts?
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dubaidog
Planning to be there - but not sure I want to watch the game surrounded by a bunch of rowdy Saffers!
I am going with a bunch from work
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Yeah spill the beans there is time to shop Saturday morning.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:47 am
Arrrrrrgh!

[QUOTE=Millsyisland;7676085]Have you seen the Boks line-up?

Lions Team for 1st test to be announced at 12:30 UK time - i.e. in about 30 mins....

http://www.lionsrugby.com/news/8140.php
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Sun & Sand Sports in Marina Mall - they're at a reduced price too!

I got mine at the beginning of this week and there were about 10 left on the rail, but maybe they have more in stock. More small and mediums than large and extra larges though. They were just inside the door on the right.

Until seeing them by accident I'd given up all hope of getting one having been searching in both Abu Dhabi and Dubai for at least a month or so.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

I got mine at the beginning of this week and there were about 10 left on the rail, but maybe they have more in stock. More small and mediums than large and extra larges though. They were just inside the door on the right.

Until seeing them by accident I'd given up all hope of getting one having been searching in both Abu Dhabi and Dubai for at least a month or so.
Thanks that is on the way home. Whilst more of and L to XL man myself it is worth a look.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

That's Marina Mall in Abu Dhabi by the way, in case there's one in Dubai too.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks that is on the way home. Whilst more of and L to XL man myself it is worth a look.
They're supposed to be tight to highlight your athletic physique and make you more streamlined.......
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

They're supposed to be tight to highlight your athletic physique and make you more streamlined.......
Yes there is one in Dubai as well. So it looks like I will be going incognito which may be for the best

My athletic physique fadded away after I stopped playing rugby so another good reason not to drive to Abu Dhabi.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.