'Life' in Dubai

Old Aug 23rd 2008, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default 'Life' in Dubai

I'm having issues getting lunch.

Yesterday myself and the missus went to get some lunch after visiting a mate in Barsha. Thought (madly) that we'd stop in MoE - lots of cafes etc in there.....frickin' half an hour later and still following cars around the poorly designed carpark. took the nearest available exit and decided to go to 'more cafe' next to Murooj Rotana. I'm fully aware that it is in the middle of a construction site but we were quite fortunate to get a park almost outside the door. Get in there though and every man and his dog is there and it's a half hour wait!

Didn't bother waiting and instead went to a resturant in the deserted DIFC. Easy parking and no queue.

Today - had to go for car registration - afterwards planned on getting lunch at Wafi....went to little restuarant there and behind us is some selfish pr.at sitting alone, yakking on his mobile phone endlessly at a ridiculous volume. I refuse to pay decent money to sit in a restuarant and allow people to be rude and inconsiderate- so I left.

These places are all full of diners and I wonder why? Why do people put up with 30mins+ to find a park, 30mins wait for a seat and when you do get a seat you can't enjoy your partners conversation due selfish t.w.ats who have no concept of 'other people'.

It's not enjoyable and yet everyone is keen on doing it? Are we all mad?

Doesn't anyone realise that this is just cr.ap? It used to be that life sucked if you stayed at home....now I think it's 300% better to stay at home.

I certainly gave up on the cinema a long time ago.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

Rant over.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 12:24 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Life' in Dubai

bad day eh Shiva!

we have just got in from a fantastic lunch down at the Rupee Room at the Marina, got parked straight away. Restuarant was practically empty - the food superb - 89 dhs all you can and eat and drink (softies), try it next week you won't be complaining and it might restore your faith in Dubai the battered king prawns were huge

I gave up on the cinema years ago, and avoid the malls most of the time, apart from IBN and the odd trip to Wafi for fish at Marks and Spencers
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
bad day eh Shiva!

Sorry shivs
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 12:34 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper

Sorry shivs
you know why I did that! cos I was just reading his birthday thread in the sand pit!! at least I made you laugh
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 1:39 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Restuarant was practically empty
That's pretty much standard for the Marina, always has been. All the restaurants there are crying out for liquor licenses so they can actually start getting some customers and making some money.

and avoid the malls most of the time
So what do you do with your time? Malls are about 75% of what there is to do in Dubai, after all
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 2:14 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Eeyore
That's pretty much standard for the Marina, always has been. All the restaurants there are crying out for liquor licenses so they can actually start getting some customers and making some money.

So what do you do with your time? Malls are about 75% of what there is to do in Dubai, after all
Not been to MOE for about three months. I spend most of my time at the pool or at friends houses. We were at the Rupee Room earlier in the week and it was pretty busy - I was surprised but then it is only 59 dhs for all you can eat and drink, I am sure that attracts people working in that area. It's well worth a try.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 3:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

bad day eh Shiva!

we have just got in from a fantastic lunch down at the Rupee Room at the Marina, got parked straight away. Restuarant was practically empty - the food superb - 89 dhs all you can and eat and drink (softies), try it next week you won't be complaining and it might restore your faith in Dubai the battered king prawns were huge

I gave up on the cinema years ago, and avoid the malls most of the time, apart from IBN and the odd trip to Wafi for fish at Marks and Spencers
Come, move to Sharjah...You'll have a blast...
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
I'm having issues getting lunch.

Yesterday myself and the missus went to get some lunch after visiting a mate in Barsha. Thought (madly) that we'd stop in MoE - lots of cafes etc in there.....frickin' half an hour later and still following cars around the poorly designed carpark. took the nearest available exit and decided to go to 'more cafe' next to Murooj Rotana. I'm fully aware that it is in the middle of a construction site but we were quite fortunate to get a park almost outside the door. Get in there though and every man and his dog is there and it's a half hour wait!

Didn't bother waiting and instead went to a resturant in the deserted DIFC. Easy parking and no queue.

Today - had to go for car registration - afterwards planned on getting lunch at Wafi....went to little restuarant there and behind us is some selfish pr.at sitting alone, yakking on his mobile phone endlessly at a ridiculous volume. I refuse to pay decent money to sit in a restuarant and allow people to be rude and inconsiderate- so I left.

These places are all full of diners and I wonder why? Why do people put up with 30mins+ to find a park, 30mins wait for a seat and when you do get a seat you can't enjoy your partners conversation due selfish t.w.ats who have no concept of 'other people'.

It's not enjoyable and yet everyone is keen on doing it? Are we all mad?

Doesn't anyone realise that this is just cr.ap? It used to be that life sucked if you stayed at home....now I think it's 300% better to stay at home.

I certainly gave up on the cinema a long time ago.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

Rant over.
Come, move to Sharjah...You'll have a blast....
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Confucius
Apologies, Blue Cat...Please don't come to Sharjah...I won't have a blast...
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 3:33 pm
Concierge

Apologies, Blue Cat...Please don't come to Sharjah...I won't have a blast...
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 3:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm sorry, Shiva...Didn't mean to sound mean...
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

when are we going to have a Sharjah night out, Confy!
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jvr20
when are we going to have a Sharjah night out, Confy!
You name the Pub/Bar and we'll make it happen...
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 7:55 pm