Libraries in doha

Old May 3rd 2014, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

cookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of light
Default Libraries in doha

Hi,
Does anybody know of libraries in doha where I could borrow books/novels. I am looking for fiction/ finance/ economics/ current affairs genres.

Or is downloading/ buying e books on kindle/nook the only option?

Thank you in advance.
Old May 5th 2014, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

JamesandTamsin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Libraries in doha

Hi Cookiedad,
I haven’t seen a Library here as yet though I have only been in Doha for 6 weeks.

Your best bet is probably to buy them - I have seen quite a few book stores such as Jarrir (sp?) on the corner of C-Ring and Salwa Road (Ramada Signal)..

James
Old May 6th 2014, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Crewegirl is on a distinguished road

There's one being built....one day.
So I agree with James.
Sorry that's not much help to you.
Old May 6th 2014, 6:53 am
Living the dream

abbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to all

There is one in old Al Ghanim.
Old May 6th 2014, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

XxNooniexX is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm afraid I don't know of any libraries here but they've recently opened a book store called W H Smith in the Hyatt mall. They sell all kinds of novels there.
Old May 7th 2014, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

There's a WH Smith here in the Ezdan Mall opposite The Landmark Mall on the D Road Expressway .

The problem is bookshops here have trouble getting decent books in stock because of the difficulty in censorship approvals . Smith's have thousands of books awaiting approval , it put their opening date back 5 months and it is affecting their business.

The WH Smith here bears no resemblance to what you would find elsewhere really and it's more stocked with stationary than decent books . They're trying to rectify this but like all things here it will take around 50 years or so.

Between Smith's and Virgin you might find just enough but Jarir is crap basically for books but has a decent computer and laptop section
Old May 8th 2014, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

cookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of lightcookiedad is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you all.