Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Legal eagle needs help!

Legal eagle needs help!

Old Jan 20th 2008, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Foxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really nice
Default Legal eagle needs help!

Hi

I am moving to Dubai in the next few weeks with my partner and Im looking for work in the legal industry. I have completed my LPC but have not qualified yet as a solicitor in the UK.

Are there support positions available (paralegal, legal assistant etc) ?

Appreciate any help that can be offered.

Thanks
Foxes!
Old Jan 20th 2008, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Legal eagle needs help!

Originally Posted by Foxes
Hi

I am moving to Dubai in the next few weeks with my partner and Im looking for work in the legal industry. I have completed my LPC but have not qualified yet as a solicitor in the UK.

Thanks
Foxes!

I considered the same myself but wasnt able to find anything. Thats not saying its impossible. I ended up quitting law and went back to my old career to come out here.

LPC was really worth the money
Old Jan 20th 2008, 4:39 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

There may be. I may know of a firm who might be interested.

My friend who works there is away right now, so it's probably best to remind me in a couple of weeks.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Foxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really nice

Originally Posted by Meow
There may be. I may know of a firm who might be interested.

My friend who works there is away right now, so it's probably best to remind me in a couple of weeks.
that would be a great help.

I will definately be in touch in a couple of weeks, thank you
Old Jan 20th 2008, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

it does seem to be a bit of a nightmare career. You'd think my education isnt upto to standard but cant stop trying. its what i wana do
Old Jan 20th 2008, 5:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

it does seem to be a bit of a nightmare career. You'd think my education isnt upto to standard but cant stop trying. its what i wana do
well you've already done the expensive bit so you might as well give it a go!

you will just have to accept that if you havnt got an A1 education its unlikely you will get a TC with a big firm whatever you do between now and then. I have 10 years commercial experience prior to studying law and didnt even get interviews with the main firms relevant to my experience!

I moved back to my old career and am sure that at some point in the not too distant future I will be in the position of instructing firms who turned me down. I will be a complete git of a client thats for sure revenge is most definitely sweet!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

have seen a post on another site with someone looking for a Legal Assistant/Paralegal.

try emailing them your CV
[email protected]
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:20 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks
Foxes!
Tough one!

I can pass on your CV to a few close contacts who might be able to help otherwise you may need to broaden your horizon beyond law!

PM me if you'd like me to pass on your CV.

N.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
have seen a post on another site with someone looking for a Legal Assistant/Paralegal.

try emailing them your CV
[email protected]
thanks. i emailed them today and will let you know if I get a response.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

angelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to all

thanks. i emailed them today and will let you know if I get a response.
hey i would keep trying but also try to get a tc here first.. i know that means 2 yrs but its worth it. i trained with a small firm and then moved to an international firm on qualification. ive been offered a positon with the third biggest law firm in the world in their dubai office - took me a while but i got here. good luck!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

thanks so much for the advice.

i wish I could get a tc - I have been looking for the last 18 months I would say and have had no luck so far. I will continue to apply even once i get there. and hopefully something will come up for 2009/2010?

My husband has already got his job in Dubai - cant really manage without him for two years. so if anything comes up that u hear of then please keep me in mind.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 12:24 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Foxes

Your husband also posts on this board, does he not?
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

angelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to all

thanks so much for the advice.

i wish I could get a tc - I have been looking for the last 18 months I would say and have had no luck so far. I will continue to apply even once i get there. and hopefully something will come up for 2009/2010?

My husband has already got his job in Dubai - cant really manage without him for two years. so if anything comes up that u hear of then please keep me in mind.
the firm i work for in the uk always needs paralegals btw.. once i get to dubai i can ask at the new place. u would recognise their name if i gave it to you
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

that would be fab! thanks so much!

i cant believe how helpful everyone is being on this forum.

seriously even a mention would be great!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Meow
Hi Foxes

Your husband also posts on this board, does he not?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.