Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Legal advice needed

Legal advice needed

Old Apr 7th 2008, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

twistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of light
Default Legal advice needed

Can anyone help with some legal/admin advice?
Am leaving my job for a new one after a year, and the difficult buggers are refusing to give an NOC (and hence i presume i'll get a 6-month ban).
There are a few things that are concerning me;
1 - Will i be able to renew my rent easily enough? They're only asking for a copy of my residence visa and a copy of my passport. Do they do any checks on the residency visa, or is it simply filed away in case someone asks for it? (i have a copy already)
2 - Cars will need to be re-registered in July - do i need residence visa for that? Can i do it early - 2 months early, so that i still have visa if needed?
3 - Wife due to give birth in the middle of it all, which shouldn't be a problem except for registering the birth - although i might be able to delay my move until after the baby is delivered. That'll let me register the birth and get her a passport.

Any grey-area legal eagles advise would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Old Apr 7th 2008, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Legal advice needed

It is unlikely your landlord will need to see your residence visa- a copy is usually enough. They tend to be more interested in the rent cheques.

You don't need to show a residence visa to re-register your cars. You can do it early but the registration is only valid for 12 months from the day you register, not from when the old registration would have expired.

Can't help you with the baby thing.

I'm not a legal expert by any means but that is based on my practical experience.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twistopher
Can anyone help with some legal/admin advice?
Am leaving my job for a new one after a year, and the difficult buggers are refusing to give an NOC (and hence i presume i'll get a 6-month ban).

There are a few things that are concerning me;
1 - Will i be able to renew my rent easily enough? They're only asking for a copy of my residence visa and a copy of my passport. Do they do any checks on the residency visa, or is it simply filed away in case someone asks for it? (i have a copy already)

2 - Cars will need to be re-registered in July - do i need residence visa for that? Can i do it early - 2 months early, so that i still have visa if needed?

No you can do it a month earlier or later but not 2 months

3 - Wife due to give birth in the middle of it all, which shouldn't be a problem except for registering the birth - although i might be able to delay my move until after the baby is delivered. That'll let me register the birth and get her a passport.

Any grey-area legal eagles advise would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Should be fine for the renewal of the rent, i have never been asked in 10 years for my orig passport when renewing my rent.

I have sent u a pm with the name of someone who may be able to help you in the labour dept with the ban

Annac

Last edited by Grace O Malley; Apr 7th 2008 at 5:52 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:18 pm
what 2 do 2 get 4 stars?

Location: Originally Cornwall, 12 years in the Middle East, NSW now
sinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of light

We tend to 'scan' onto the computer, colour passport copies/visas etc., and then Hubby then sends me off to do the dirty work, saying 'here's a copy', Hubby is away

We actually informed our landlord that we couldn't provide a Res Visa as we were in the middle of a change-over from Employers - he was happy to sign new Contracts, all he was interested in was the cheques as BR said

Again also I reinsured my/our car with scanned copies, but Hubby had actually obtained residency again when it came to Registering.

I'd do it early and just tell them you are going to be away when it needs doing and you don't want to leave loved one/wife with the hassle
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

is your new company a free zone company?
Ban won't apply in that case anyway
Old Apr 8th 2008, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

twistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Guys,
Thank you so much for the advice. Most of what you've all said was what i had thought as the best way forward, but it's nice to hear it from good, informed sources.
Does anyone know if the gratuity works from the date of contract signing with Co. or from work permit issue or from residence visa issue?
Thanks again for the help - you've made me a happy bunny again.