Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Leaving Debts, will it show on a Police report

Leaving Debts, will it show on a Police report

Old Jul 8th 2009, 12:43 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving Debts, will it show on a Police report

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
The bar mat incident was highly publicised in the Australian and Thai press too. What I was really (sarcastically) trying to get at though is, whether the US would halt your entry even if you had a conviction in a country they dont recognise/have an embargo/have other restrictions on like Palestine or North Korea; would being convicted of rape in Palestine or treason in NK mean youre ineligible for entry?
Not of itself probably, but being there is probably more likely to get you denied on the background check etc.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 10:09 am
Just Joined

Redundant is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a similar problem, made redundant, but since I am single and was unable to find a job I had to leave...

Now here is my question, I know the loans are insured and I know I paid certain amount of insurance.... What will happen if I inform the bank that I have lost my job, send a copy of my termination-redundancy letter?

IndieG, would you have any idea?
Old Jul 8th 2009, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redundant
I have a similar problem, made redundant, but since I am single and was unable to find a job I had to leave...

Now here is my question, I know the loans are insured and I know I paid certain amount of insurance.... What will happen if I inform the bank that I have lost my job, send a copy of my termination-redundancy letter?

IndieG, would you have any idea?
The insurance covers the bank's o/s only in the event of death of the brrower - as far as I am aware (actually I'm pretty sure about this) there is no insurance that covers debts in the event of a job loss. A job loss is an "event of default" - if you read the fine print in most loan agreements and the loan becomes payable immediately. Once you send the termination letter, the bank will freeze your account, bank the security cheque and file a case to pressurise you to pay up in full.....so beware.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieG
The insurance covers the bank's o/s only in the event of death of the brrower - as far as I am aware (actually I'm pretty sure about this) there is no insurance that covers debts in the event of a job loss. A job loss is an "event of default" - if you read the fine print in most loan agreements and the loan becomes payable immediately. Once you send the termination letter, the bank will freeze your account, bank the security cheque and file a case to pressurise you to pay up in full.....so beware.
So most of the time your company notify's your bank then? Why on earth would you yourself give them your termination letter?

If that is the case, is it better then to open up another account and transfer your pay from one bank to another to avoid an account freeze? Or wouldn't that work?
Old Jul 8th 2009, 2:27 pm
Banned

Moun10gurl is just really niceMoun10gurl is just really niceMoun10gurl is just really niceMoun10gurl is just really niceMoun10gurl is just really niceMoun10gurl is just really niceMoun10gurl is just really niceMoun10gurl is just really nice

I have just been informed today that my company will be giving notice to my bank soon that I am no longer with them. I have heard that an immediate arrest warrant will go out for me. I am terrified! I never intended not to pay my debt back, I intended to stay here for years and continue doing my job. I dont know what to do. Getting arrested isn't something that I can let happen.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 2:43 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moun10gurl
I have just been informed today that my company will be giving notice to my bank soon that I am no longer with them. I have heard that an immediate arrest warrant will go out for me. I am terrified! I never intended not to pay my debt back, I intended to stay here for years and continue doing my job. I dont know what to do. Getting arrested isn't something that I can let happen.
how much money do you owe? is it a manageable sum? I had heard that the bank were no longer arresting people and for what it's worth we bounced a cheque the other day for 45K and the police aint come a knocking, it is up to whoever tried to cash the cheque to do that.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 2:47 pm
Banned

Moun10gurl is just really niceMoun10gurl is just really niceMoun10gurl is just really niceMoun10gurl is just really niceMoun10gurl is just really niceMoun10gurl is just really niceMoun10gurl is just really niceMoun10gurl is just really nice

I owe 120k but I could get them 100k hopefully by the end of next week. But as it was a personal loan I have been told that they cash the security cheques I signed and then come after you for fraud??
Old Jul 8th 2009, 2:53 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I owe 120k but I could get them 100k hopefully by the end of next week. But as it was a personal loan I have been told that they cash the security cheques I signed and then come after you for fraud??
well I would say they would be more than happy with a 100k by the end of the week!!! what chances are there of you getting another job?
Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:01 pm
Banned

Not looking good, I have sent my resume everywhere. I live in Bahrain, so it's a smaller market than Dubai. I think I can only give myself a couple more days before it gets too much and I will have to try and restructure from the UK. I plan on going to the US in the not too distant future so can't leave debts anyway. I just hope that the 100k is enough for them to let me leave the country...
Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:08 pm
Concierge

Not looking good, I have sent my resume everywhere. I live in Bahrain, so it's a smaller market than Dubai. I think I can only give myself a couple more days before it gets too much and I will have to try and restructure from the UK. I plan on going to the US in the not too distant future so can't leave debts anyway. I just hope that the 100k is enough for them to let me leave the country...
I don't know what it is like in Bahrain but this is what I would do, I would ask them if you get 100k to them by the end of this week will they let you leave the Country, if they say no, then get on a plane tomorrow and sort it out from the UK>
Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:10 pm
Banned

Thats what someone else has advised also. Just hate to think of it really. But thank you for your advice Blue Cat
Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Thats what someone else has advised also. Just hate to think of it really. But thank you for your advice Blue Cat
i don't have any advice, sorry...but just to say i hope you manage to sort this out, what a total mare...

MM, xx
Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:29 pm
Concierge

Like MM I hope you manage to get something sorted out, if it was a choice of doing a runner or jail I know which one I would take. Please let us know how you get on with everything.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

Dulge is an unknown quantity at this point

it is amazing that banks will issue an arrest order for someone who lost his/her job although that person intends to pay debt back to the bank...if that would be the case, half of UK would have been unable to go out ouf country for God's sake...

If I were you, I would pack up and just go over the weekend...and sort out your debt whilst you are in the UK...
Old Jul 9th 2009, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Just an update on my situation:

I had a personal loan with First Gulf Bank in Abu Dhabi. I haven't paid my monthly repayments for approximately 3 months now. So far I have not had my seucity cheque (85 000 dhs) cashed for my HSBC account.

My HSBC account savings (salary) account is also in a negative balance. Noone has contacted my company nor has either bank tried to contact me. I have emailed 3 different people in FGB, one told me to email someone else, the other 2 never responded.

AFAIK after 3 months I have no arrest warrants or security cheques cashed yet from either FGB or HSBC. My company does not advise the banks of any of its employees redundancies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.