Learning to drive in Abu Dhabi

Learning to drive in Abu Dhabi

Old Oct 9th 2008, 10:38 am
Just Joined

Location: Currently in Manchester but moving to AD in September
AvidTraveller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Learning to drive in Abu Dhabi

Hi everyone

I'm posting this query on behalf of my friend who is a non-driver and intends on being in Abu Dhabi for the next couple of years at least. I know from reading previous posts that everybody advises you should learn to drive in the UK and that it is too dangerous or not worth doing it out here, but this will not deter my friend.

So, I would be very grateful if anybody could recommend an English speaking private driving instructor that would be able to assist.

Thanks in advance.

AT

P.S. Where do all the single expat men hang out? could do with some decent male company as I work in a very female environment!
Old Oct 9th 2008, 10:54 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Learning to drive in Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by AvidTraveller
Hi everyone

I'm posting this query on behalf of my friend who is a non-driver and intends on being in Abu Dhabi for the next couple of years at least. I know from reading previous posts that everybody advises you should learn to drive in the UK and that it is too dangerous or not worth doing it out here, but this will not deter my friend.

So, I would be very grateful if anybody could recommend an English speaking private driving instructor that would be able to assist.

Thanks in advance.

AT

P.S. Where do all the single expat men hang out? could do with some decent male company as I work in a very female environment!
I came over with a UK license due to a bike injury that prevented me from taking my UK test so I did my lessons in Dubai which wasn't as bad as I though (but the test is a shambles and they seem to pass and fail based on the position of the sun in relation to the moon and tide levels etc!). My significant other is currently taking lessons here in Abu Dhabi and I know you now need to go to a driving school first and complete a series of tests before you are allowed to pay a private instructor to take you out on the roads.

Drop me a PM and I'll ask her for the details.

N.