Reload this Page >

in laws visit during ramadam

in laws visit during ramadam

Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:55 am
Just Joined

jothepo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default in laws visit during ramadam

Hi all you seasoned expats, (Dubai)

I would be very grateful for any advice RE- what and where my brother and sister-in-law can see or do during the day at ramadam? And what they cant.

I do not want them stuck in the apartment all day,but I dont want them upsetting anyone ethier!

They are aged 23 and 19 and I need to let them be aware of the protocol.

Thanks
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:14 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: in laws visit during ramadam

they can do as they wish, the tourist attractions are all still open. What they can't do is eat/drink/smoke in public unless it is is one of the designated cafe's that is open during Ramadan. All the hotels serve drinks at the pool during ramadan so if they are going to spend a day at a hotel they will be fine. The only mall that doesn't have somewhere open during the day is IBN Battuta. All the Hotels have one restaurant that serves all day. There is too much hype about how bad Ramadan is, it aint no great hardship to be honest with you.

Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:19 am
Just Joined

Thanks so much, I was starting to worry a little.

I am sure they will love Dubai come what may
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:21 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jothepo
Thanks so much, I was starting to worry a little.

I am sure they will love Dubai come what may

as long as they observe the laws of Ramadan they will be fine
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:28 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

and no sex on the beach...
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:34 am
Just Joined

HOPE NOT, THEY ARE BROTHER AND SISTER!

will let them know though, especially the 19 year old male!
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:40 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jothepo
HOPE NOT, THEY ARE BROTHER AND SISTER!

will let them know though, especially the 19 year old male!
oh right...I think if they are brother and sister it may actually be allowed...
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:21 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

You can put the 19 year old off even more by telling him that the minimum drinking age in Dubai is 21.

And they will miss out on the infamous brunches too.

-
Old Jul 16th 2008, 5:51 am
Just Joined

Already informed him about that one, thought it may put him off coming, but no he still wants to visit!