Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Lawrence's Vision for Arabia

Lawrence's Vision for Arabia

Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:57 pm
Banned

Big Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant future
Default Re: Lawrence's Vision for Arabia

Originally Posted by Eva
I do hope you are not Scottish BG...
Why is that ? What's wrong with the gingernuts ?

Getting a bit warmer than the other guess though.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 6:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Geezer
Why is that ? What's wrong with the gingernuts ?

Getting a bit warmer than the other guess though.
north east...?

MM, xx
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 6:59 am
Banned

Big Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
north east...?

MM, xx
Depends where you are standing !

I like Newcastle though
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

I like Newcastle though
why doesn't that surprise me...

MM, xx
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 10:52 am
Banned

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
I think most critics agree that the Seven Pillars is only semi-autobiographical; it does decend into tall tales of derring-do, and his thinking is Orientalist in that he romanticises the Arabs as "Noble Savages":

'Really this country, for the foreigner, is too glorious for words: one is really the baron in the feudal system.'

You can deconstruct his sexual penchants to the nth degree - childhood beatings from his mother, the fact that he was the bastard son of his knighted father & the governess, the Jesuit schooling; but the fact remains that despite having more flaws than a SZR apartment block the guy performed some extraordinary acts, and in his thinking aspired to an evolved personal morality.

Reckon he could've painted that picture mate ! hahaha
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

MM, xx
Oh dear I feel a north/south tiff coming along
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by annacarna
Oh dear I feel a north/south tiff coming along
ohh shouldn't think so...i'm a northerner...

MM, xx
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 10:57 am
Banned

MM, xx
Thanks A/C I missed that remark !!!

Aha now you may be barking up the wrong tree here MM if you will pardon the phrase?

What part of the Empire do you come from then ?

You show me yours and I will show you mine - so to speak hahahaha!
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 11:00 am
Banned

MM, xx
Sorry, I seem to be a bit behind here, got to get my fingers working a bit quicker !!

Ok I'm not !

Old Nov 23rd 2007, 11:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks A/C I missed that remark !!!

Aha now you may be barking up the wrong tree here MM if you will pardon the phrase?

What part of the Empire do you come from then ?

You show me yours and I will show you mine - so to speak hahahaha!
eh...??

i'm north welsh background, born in *whispers* scunnies, then moved around the north, to the midlands and ended up here via london...

your turn, lol...

MM, xx
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 11:06 am
Banned

eh...??

i'm north welsh background, born in *whispers* scunnies, then moved around the north, to the midlands and ended up here via london...

your turn, lol...

MM, xx
Yeh , I know a bit confusing sorry getting all carried away with this ! hahaha
( it was that bloody picture ! )

Born in Tottenham ( Yes ok I support Spurs so come on - give me the grief ! )

Loads of bits in the middle and then out here in various areas for quite a while, on and off.

I like Wales and the north is very pretty. Shame about the rugby though !
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

MM, xx
Nah

You're a kew girl youz a landaner
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeh , I know a bit confusing sorry getting all carried away with this ! hahaha
( it was that bloody picture ! )

Born in Tottenham ( Yes ok I support Spurs so come on - give me the grief ! )

Loads of bits in the middle and then out here in various areas for quite a while, on and off.

I like Wales and the north is very pretty. Shame about the rugby though !
Spurs who, tottenham, where?

Now there will be a west/north divide
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by annacarna
Nah

You're a kew girl youz a landaner
oh no dahlink...kew is dead posh, lol...

MM, xx
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 11:18 am
Banned

oh no dahlink...kew is dead posh, lol...

MM, xx
Now I am really confused !

Kew is very nice place - botanically speaking - prefer Chiswick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.