Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Latest Uk Petrol Prices.. hav a laugh...

Latest Uk Petrol Prices.. hav a laugh...

Old Sep 14th 2005, 5:50 am
Follow Your Heart

ZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud of
Talking Latest Uk Petrol Prices.. hav a laugh...

Yesterday, I had the low Petrol indicator on for 20 min in traffic with AC on full blast.. I was not sure if I would make it to the petrol station a couple of miles down the heavily congested road...

Luckily I made it and when I did, I filled the car up to the tip with super duper petrol.. and the lot cost me just over 6 quid.. it was 40 Qatari Riyals...
I am so glad I am here.. I am sure in the UK it would have been 60 quid...

when I got home.. all I could see on UK TV are the Ashes celebration (great stuff ) .... and mad ppl about the petrol prices talking about panic and protests and blockades..

This is one more thing to feel lucky about being an Expat.. don't you love it.. especially when you cannot possibly relate to these jokes below apart from a distant memory....

Enjoy..... and smile.. Feel lucky for the day... ZooZ
Attached Thumbnails Latest Uk Petrol Prices.. hav a laugh...-gas-armnleg.jpg   Latest Uk Petrol Prices.. hav a laugh...-gas-begger.jpg   Latest Uk Petrol Prices.. hav a laugh...-gas-cc.jpg   Latest Uk Petrol Prices.. hav a laugh...-gas-fill-her.jpg   Latest Uk Petrol Prices.. hav a laugh...-gas-lawn.jpg  

Old Sep 14th 2005, 5:55 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Latest Uk Petrol Prices.. hav a laugh...

Originally Posted by ZooZ
Yesterday, I had the low Petrol indicator on for 20 min in traffic with AC on full blast.. I was not sure if I would make it to the petrol station a couple of miles down the heavily congested road...

Luckily I made it and when I did, I filled the car up to the tip with super duper petrol.. and the lot cost me just over 6 quid.. it was 40 Qatari Riyals...
I am so glad I am here.. I am sure in the UK it would have been 60 quid...

when I got home.. all I could see on UK TV are the Ashes celebration (great stuff ) .... and mad ppl about the petrol prices talking about panic and protests and blockades..

This is one more thing to feel lucky about being an Expat.. don't you love it.. especially when you cannot possibly relate to these jokes below apart from a distant memory....

Enjoy..... and smile.. Feel lucky for the day... ZooZ
Yes Zooz, knows what u mean. Did u know they just increase the petrol in Qatar from 0,70QR to 0,80QR????
Old Sep 14th 2005, 5:59 am
Follow Your Heart

ZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by novita77
Yes Zooz, knows what u mean. Did u know they just increase the petrol in Qatar from 0,70QR to 0,80QR????
Good Mornin Novi...
so I would have paid a fiver last month?????...
they can double it if they want.. at least you know you are paying for the petrol and not 85% tax...
Smile and have some happy k
ZooZ
Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:02 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Good Mornin Novi...
so I would have paid a fiver last month?????...
they can double it if they want.. at least you know you are paying for the petrol and not 85% tax...
Smile and have some happy k
ZooZ
morning dear ...
Will Mrs.Zoo coming to see me and Malt later on for coffee???
Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:18 am
Follow Your Heart

morning dear ...
Will Mrs.Zoo coming to see me and Malt later on for coffee???
yap, she just called and told me that she will be there... and she will need the coffee.. lots of it...I got her tipsy last night.. or maby a bit more than tipsy.. and less than legless... and I managed to wake her up at 6am on my way to work... so she might be a bit with me.. and certainly in need of that coffee..

ZooZ
Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:29 am
semarang

yap, she just called and told me that she will be there... and she will need the coffee.. lots of it...I got her tipsy last night.. or maby a bit more than tipsy.. and less than legless... and I managed to wake her up at 6am on my way to work... so she might be a bit with me.. and certainly in need of that coffee..

ZooZ
PM'ed u.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:39 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

PM'ed u.

Ehemmm good thing I dont get tipsy cos I dont like coffee boring aint I

Off to pick up Mrs.Zooz...........
Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:47 am
Follow Your Heart

Originally Posted by Malteser
Ehemmm good thing I dont get tipsy cos I dont like coffee boring aint I

Off to pick up Mrs.Zooz...........
I am just about to email u a photo... hold on a sec...
Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

I love the cartoons. I know it's not nice to laugh at other people's misfortune but I was in the UK during the last lot of fuel protests in 2000 and it wasn't plesant. I could cope with paying £1.00+ a litre, it is the fact that about 85% of it is tax that annoys me. Almost makes the summers in Dubai worthwhile. Almost
Old Sep 14th 2005, 6:59 am
Follow Your Heart

BR.. I would not laugh at their misfortune.. I was there in 2000 too... I just feel lucky.. if u liked the cartoons.. here is some more.. the third one is pretty good... ... summer here is good 4 some... no traffic and lots of sales...
ZooZ
Attached Thumbnails Latest Uk Petrol Prices.. hav a laugh...-gas-had-all.jpg   Latest Uk Petrol Prices.. hav a laugh...-gas-recovery.jpg   Latest Uk Petrol Prices.. hav a laugh...-gas-robbers.jpg  
Old Sep 14th 2005, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

BR.. I would not laugh at their misfortune.. I was there in 2000 too... I just feel lucky.. if u liked the cartoons.. here is some more.. the third one is pretty good... ... summer here is good 4 some... no traffic and lots of sales...
ZooZ
I like those as well! LOL. I didn't mean to imply you were laughing at them, and like you I feel lucky to be 3,500 miles away. Dubai may not be the last word in openness and democracy but it does have it's compensations. Last I heard they were going to use army tankers to keep supplies moving.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 7:30 am
Follow Your Heart

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
Last I heard they were going to use army tankers to keep supplies moving.
this is 2000 drill all over again... anyway.. have some lucky k..
ZooZ

Last edited by ZooZ; Sep 14th 2005 at 7:32 am. Reason: 2000... not 200
Old Sep 14th 2005, 8:07 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

I was back three weeks & nearly fainted when I topped up the car, 25 quid and it got me just over half a tank..... Bobbing rastards...

But the boycott / blockade thing didn't work last time and it won't work this time. All it does is causes a great deal of inconvenience for a large number of people for a short period of time (he says remembering queuing for 2hrs just to fill the car up and then being told that you were only allowed a tenners worth) then everything goes back to normal... The only people that profited were the rail networks....
Old Sep 14th 2005, 8:27 am
Follow Your Heart

Originally Posted by Welivehere
I was back three weeks & nearly fainted when I topped up the car, 25 quid and it got me just over half a tank..... Bobbing rastards...
ur lucky to be here... hv some lucky karma...
ZooZ
Old Sep 14th 2005, 8:46 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

BP's Comment on the recent Price hike....
Attached Thumbnails Latest Uk Petrol Prices.. hav a laugh...-bps-price-rise-apology.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.