The Lakes

Old May 20th 2007, 10:25 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Lakes

I was going through the property section of Gulf News and found a three bed Zulal Type 3 E villa available for rent - 260K. Below it was a Type 3E on the Springs - 185K. Do you really think that people will pay all that extra to live on the Lakes????

Gareth, Border Reiver, Indie Girl and Diablo??

BC
Old May 20th 2007, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Lakes

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I was going through the property section of Gulf News and found a three bed Zulal Type 3 E villa available for rent - 260K. Below it was a Type 3E on the Springs - 185K. Do you really think that people will pay all that extra to live on the Lakes????

Gareth, Border Reiver, Indie Girl and Diablo??

BC
that is a lot of money,

but hey you get to lie by the pool at the lakes club
Old May 20th 2007, 10:28 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
that is a lot of money,

but hey you get to lie by the pool at the lakes club
only if you pay your membership - more money!!!
Old May 20th 2007, 10:33 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't want to live in any of those Truman places....but that's no news...
Old May 20th 2007, 10:34 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by MataHari
The Lakes development is the only one that I like. It just feels more developed and 'normal' , completely irrelevant however as we will never live there anyway !!
Old May 20th 2007, 10:35 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
The Lakes development is the only one that I like. It just feels more developed and 'normal' , completely irrelevant however as we will never live there anyway !!
it's the normal bit that scares me....
Old May 20th 2007, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

i live in the springs and used to stay in Mirdif.

I hated mirdif as there was nothing at all to do there. At least that is improving.

what i like about the springs is that I walk out of my front door, into my car, not a drop of sand to be seen.

what i dont like about the springs is you get half the house that you do in Mirdif for the money.

BC, im sure if your a resident of the lakes then the fee's are included?? (they certainly used to be)
Old May 20th 2007, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

SAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud of

There is one penthouse in Dubai Marina which is going on for 750k, can you beat that. Property market is crazy, and from all this money is coming in?
Old May 20th 2007, 11:04 am
hmmmm...nice

I hated mirdif as there was nothing at all to do there. At least that is improving.

what i like about the springs is that I walk out of my front door, into my car, not a drop of sand to be seen.

what i dont like about the springs is you get half the house that you do in Mirdif for the money.

BC, im sure if your a resident of the lakes then the fee's are included?? (they certainly used to be)
We're happy here in Mirdif...great house, first nursery now school for little one just across the road....Uptown shopping center is nice and very close by. Don't mind the sand....we live in the desert afterall....Mushrif park is close by, and there is going to be a big new park made to 'relax and unwind'...
Very close to Festival City and Deira is only 10 minutes away now the new road has opened up. I like all the different houses, the different building styles (although some are horrendous) the fact that there are small older houses and enormous villas which makes for a varied population, I like the way it slightly slopes in places, the mosques and their little shops around them....the friends our kids have made in our neighbourhood....The only thing I miss would be a communal swimmingpool for the kids.
Back home, we never chose to live in a new development, it's just not the sort of thing that appeals to us, so when we came over here, we never considered moving into one of those developments.
Old May 20th 2007, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

We're happy here in Mirdif...great house, first nursery now school for little one just across the road....Uptown shopping center is nice and very close by. Don't mind the sand....we live in the desert afterall....Mushrif park is close by, and there is going to be a big new park made to 'relax and unwind'...
Very close to Festival City and Deira is only 10 minutes away now the new road has opened up. I like all the different houses, the different building styles (although some are horrendous) the fact that there are small older houses and enormous villas which makes for a varied population, I like the way it slightly slopes in places, the mosques and their little shops around them....the friends our kids have made in our neighbourhood....The only thing I miss would be a communal swimmingpool for the kids.
Back home, we never chose to live in a new development, it's just not the sort of thing that appeals to us, so when we came over here, we never considered moving into one of those developments.

fair points. Last weekend we were visiting friends who live in a nakheel compound in mirdiff. They were fabulous houses with a great pool and a gym for men and one for ladies (defeats the purpose of going to the gym for me!!)

you just dont get that in the lakes/springs, but i like being close to the Lakes club for a pint with my mates every once in a while
Old May 20th 2007, 11:08 am
hmmmm...nice

fair points. Last weekend we were visiting friends who live in a nakheel compound in mirdiff. They were fabulous houses with a great pool and a gym for men and one for ladies (defeats the purpose of going to the gym for me!!)

you just dont get that in the lakes/springs, but i like being close to the Lakes club for a pint with my mates every once in a while
I am a Pepsi girl myself...
Old May 20th 2007, 11:09 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

I knew you were stalking me ...keep seeing this guy in a kilt lurking round the springs.....
be carefull of the lakes club BC!!!
Old May 20th 2007, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
I knew you were stalking me ...keep seeing this guy in a kilt lurking round the springs.....
be carefull of the lakes club BC!!!

I can be found there every now and then......

not as much as my mates who try to lead me astray

TS fill in the following profile to help with my surveillance

Springs No..................
Street No..............
Villa No........................
Old May 20th 2007, 11:18 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

I can be found there every now and then......

not as much as my mates who try to lead me astray

TS fill in the following profile to help with my surveillance

Springs No.....5............
Street No......5........
Villa No..........5.............
See you in 5 minutes
Old May 20th 2007, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

im a 2........4.............6 and ill see you in 8 minutes, its never too late

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.