Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

laings n alder at al raha beach project

laings n alder at al raha beach project

Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

midnightburj is a jewel in the roughmidnightburj is a jewel in the roughmidnightburj is a jewel in the roughmidnightburj is a jewel in the rough
Default laings n alder at al raha beach project

Hi can anyone help me . My hubby mybe coming here to work at al raha. Can anyone tell me are they ok to work for as from my eyes that seem to be farting about. If we take the offer. how long will it take to move . Can i go to write away too .As im not keen waiting 3 months . As i need to find a school for my wee one is five n starting school for the very 1st time(well weve all been there) . Ive been to front door of british school. but like see the rest. As it wouldnt be fare putting into school here then leave month later . as ive just took 7months getting this school in the uk. Is there anyone from this project or a wife please help or anyone. ive seen been here just short visit looks ok. a worried wify
any info will helpful cheers
midnightburj
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:24 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: laings n alder at al raha beach project

I know a few people that have signed up to work with them and no problems. They offer a good package. You will be fine just don't stress about the move. There is also one or two on here so they may contact you direct to give you the low down on them.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Another one on the way over !!!!!

Maybe we should start our own thread !
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

midnightburj is a jewel in the roughmidnightburj is a jewel in the roughmidnightburj is a jewel in the roughmidnightburj is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Slingshot
I know a few people that have signed up to work with them and no problems. They offer a good package. You will be fine just don't stress about the move. There is also one or two on here so they may contact you direct to give you the low down on them.
cheers slingshot
Well i just hope they are . I feel ive been messed about since mid jan . I would love come here(sad) like last week . I feel like im at a crossroads i do wish they here up . Yes have be good offer now for all the time wasting . Sorry just havin a girlie moan not just me ive got think my wee one too. Ive been through every feeling you can go through
midnightburj
Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal
Another one on the way over !!!!!

Maybe we should start our own thread !
karlos
what fun we could have. how long did it take with you from start to moving there .
the burj
Old Apr 21st 2008, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't got there yet, moving over beginning of June !!!!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 5:12 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midnightburj
cheers slingshot
Well i just hope they are . I feel ive been messed about since mid jan . I would love come here(sad) like last week . I feel like im at a crossroads i do wish they here up . Yes have be good offer now for all the time wasting . Sorry just havin a girlie moan not just me ive got think my wee one too. Ive been through every feeling you can go through
midnightburj
it is only natural to feel worried about such a big move but just that everyone here is in the same boat or was once.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

Haven't got there yet, moving over beginning of June !!!!
good luck hope it goes well mybe if they get of there bums we mebe there too.
what are going to do there.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Slingshot
it is only natural to feel worried about such a big move but just that everyone here is in the same boat or was once.
slingshot
Thanks im getting pased the worried fase . I do understand that everyone overseas is in the same boat . As a sad wify im think about the wee one first As if there just 2 of us wouldnt care . Now ive got think school house and 10000 of other thing. As we not shipping any of guff over just what we need n buy there. Thats if still goes ahead
the burj
Old Apr 21st 2008, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Midnight

I wouldn''t worry about it too much, we are all apprehensive (me included) the missus is bricking it but just keep thinking that anything is better than the UK at the minute.

We fly out mid May for six nights with the kids for a look round and hopefully visiting schools. I am a great believer that life s what you make it, you only get one, so don't live to regret it !

As for buying things over in AD, your accomodation should be fully furnished so apart from your own 'personnal touches' you may not need to bother !

Good Luck
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Midnight

I wouldn''t worry about it too much, we are all apprehensive (me included) the missus is bricking it but just keep thinking that anything is better than the UK at the minute.

We fly out mid May for six nights with the kids for a look round and hopefully visiting schools. I am a great believer that life s what you make it, you only get one, so don't live to regret it !

As for buying things over in AD, your accomodation should be fully furnished so apart from your own 'personnal touches' you may not need to bother !

Good Luck
hi karl
think just the not knowing bothers me . yes this will good move n better way of living as in the uk 2day things getting very crap . least you know where u stand here n straight to the point . be good you stay , bad you go home great think uk start bring that in . hope you have great time over there i found it mind blowing how clean . very green for a desert . so what are you going to there . think everyone at raha are too busy working or there on a gagging order or out partying.
the burj
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:16 am
around

w1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by midnightburj
hi karl
think just the not knowing bothers me . yes this will good move n better way of living as in the uk 2day things getting very crap . least you know where u stand here n straight to the point . be good you stay , bad you go home great think uk start bring that in . hope you have great time over there i found it mind blowing how clean . very green for a desert . so what are you going to there . think everyone at raha are too busy working or there on a gagging order or out partying.
the burj
HI
Dont worry think they very busy as we are waiting too . I too have child to think about . Hopefully work out in the end . I heard the company are ok to work for . my only worry is easy meet new folkes out there . as ive not told anyone about this as i think they be happy for us . You never now some out there will reply fri n sat there day off. as over 200 hits are thinking about it. good luck
fea sunny scotland(not)
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Tansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to allTansy is a name known to all

HI midnight, I too am at Aldar LOR mercy as wife of husband who is going out to work there, coincidently on the Raha Beach Project. I have had all the same concerns as you (and still have to be honest) especially since they are so unbelievably slow at getting back to you with information. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago we decided to throw caution to the wind and the contract was signed even though all the t's were not crossed and i's dotted (we just couldn't take the uncertainty anymore and decided that we either needed to commit or just give up on the whole idea). We too have absolutely no idea where we are going to live, and whether we are going to have to wait the full 3 months before we can go out - will be mightily p'd off if we do as it will mean I wont be going out until October :curse: The feeling that I get is that they don't always do as they say, so I am keeping everything crossed, although if we do go out before we will be just in time for ramadan and that could be a whole different ball game!:confused My advice would be to get looking a school now, unless you already have done so, I have secured a place at Al Yasmina and they may still be taking applications so that would be worth a look and it is in Raha Gardens so husband could do the morning school run eh?? anyway, would be nice to hear from you and am keeping everything crossed that you make the right decision thats right for you x
Old Apr 25th 2008, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tansy
HI midnight, I too am at Aldar LOR mercy as wife of husband who is going out to work there, coincidently on the Raha Beach Project. I have had all the same concerns as you (and still have to be honest) especially since they are so unbelievably slow at getting back to you with information. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago we decided to throw caution to the wind and the contract was signed even though all the t's were not crossed and i's dotted (we just couldn't take the uncertainty anymore and decided that we either needed to commit or just give up on the whole idea). We too have absolutely no idea where we are going to live, and whether we are going to have to wait the full 3 months before we can go out - will be mightily p'd off if we do as it will mean I wont be going out until October :curse: The feeling that I get is that they don't always do as they say, so I am keeping everything crossed, although if we do go out before we will be just in time for ramadan and that could be a whole different ball game!:confused My advice would be to get looking a school now, unless you already have done so, I have secured a place at Al Yasmina and they may still be taking applications so that would be worth a look and it is in Raha Gardens so husband could do the morning school run eh?? anyway, would be nice to hear from you and am keeping everything crossed that you make the right decision thats right for you x
thank you
It looks like us wifes have the stress about this job. well men they dont care we have pick up behind them. n fix everything . So i takei its a man in H R then . Because us women dont know slow (ha ha)
TANSY CHECK YOUR (P-M)
MIDNIGHT
Old Apr 27th 2008, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

fsazhar is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys,

I have just joined ALOR from UK in april working on Al Raha Beach Development project , my family will be joining me in August, luckily for me my daughter doesnt go to school yet. But as far as Benifets are concern, they are one of the best Companies to work for in Abu Dhabi. Accomodation is good, depending on the grade. They have given me brand new 4 Bed Appartment, and even paid for fully furnishing the house. Obviously higher grade guys get villas near the airport, but they are 30km away from town. Expat support team is also good, they do all the paper work for you. families can come here after the probationery period, but that should not stop you from applying for schools, My collegue applied in October last year, and today was his sons first day at school.

If you wana know more, pm me and I will be glad to answer any questions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.