Reload this Page >

Ksa work visa delay

Ksa work visa delay

Old Jan 5th 2015, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Tiakali is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Ksa work visa delay

Hi ,

We have accepted an offer to move to riyadh to work for a reputable company , however since we have accepted the offer in September 2014 we are still waiting for our visa's to be issued from the ministry of labour in saudi . Every time we ask the company they keep promising us it will be soon and we have been informed that there are some changes to their labour laws hence why it's taking so long . Is anyone going through the same problem or gone through this issue or have any feed back for us regarding this. I just have absolutely no idea to how much longer we are expected to wait, although I do appreciate that saudi's mentality is very laid back.
Many thanks and i'd appreciate to hear from others regarding this .
Old Jan 6th 2015, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ksa work visa delay

totally normal, nothing you can do about it, it will take as long as it takes and you will probably get nothing but made up dates if you push them for info. This is your first test.... of many.
Old Jan 7th 2015, 9:08 am
Just Joined

Sikander of Riyadh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ksa work visa delay

I would say it depends on the industry your sponsor is in. Two months is normal unless there happens to be a supervisory body that needs to first agree to the application for the visa by the sponsors before this can be processed at the Ministry (therefore adding a few weeks to the process). Being a reputable company, the sponsor may also be doing things by the book which would be a good sign. Additionally, it may be that the sponsor is expecting a block of visas to come through soon and is holding out for this to then send one across to you. Worse case scenario would be that the company is not meeting its Saudisation targets, resulting in the delay.

See if you can speak to the person(s) who were directly involved in the recruitment process and get some clarity from them. There is normally a different team working on the visa front and they may not be the best to speak to if you need clarity on the state of affairs.

Hope it comes through soon.