British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Knee How!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/knee-how-312434/)

shoushou Jul 6th 2005 2:32 pm

Knee How!!!!

Hi everyone
Ni Hao from Canton,China
I see that today was a bit busy in the Golden Shores of Dubai ;)
It's been one week now since Im out of town,but my heart was really saddenned to see our beloved ME section empty for some time :(
I hope everyones OK,those who are already abroad;have a wonderful time... :)
For those who are still in Cloudy Dubai;dont worry,time passes quickly and you will be savouring your upcoming vacations soon enough.... ;)
Will be posting every now and then,but only when there are people,hearing the empty room's echo in a country populated by around 1.5 billion can be really depressing.......

Face81 Jul 6th 2005 3:24 pm

Re: Knee How!!!!

Originally Posted by shoushou
Hi everyone
Ni Hao from Canton,China
I see that today was a bit busy in the Golden Shores of Dubai ;)
It's been one week now since Im out of town,but my heart was really saddenned to see our beloved ME section empty for some time :(
I hope everyones OK,those who are already abroad;have a wonderful time... :)
For those who are still in Cloudy Dubai;dont worry,time passes quickly and you will be savouring your upcoming vacations soon enough.... ;)
Will be posting every now and then,but only when there are people,hearing the empty room's echo in a country populated by around 1.5 billion can be really depressing.......

Hello SS. :D

Sounds like u r missing all the banter on here..... not to worry, we will defent the fort in your absence. :)

shoushou Jul 6th 2005 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Face81
Hello SS. :D

Sounds like u r missing all the banter on here..... not to worry, we will defent the fort in your absence. :)

The banter goes on when I am toiling away ;)
I still keep the Dubai Central Time on my PC watch so that I will know when to do what to do who to do etc etc........ :D

Face81 Jul 6th 2005 3:31 pm

The banter goes on when I am toiling away ;)
I still keep the Dubai Central Time on my PC watch so that I will know when to do what to do who to do etc etc........ :D

lololol........ well its only a 4hr time difference, so it cant be that bad. Hows the chinese takeaway in Canton? :p ;)

shoushou Jul 6th 2005 3:43 pm

lololol........ well its only a 4hr time difference, so it cant be that bad. Hows the chinese takeaway in Canton? :p ;)

I had MC Donalds for 4 days in a row :eek:
Cant stand Chinese food.Im still putting a strong resistance,especially on Cantonese food.Sichuan food is a bit better though,but Im not going too far with that as well.....
Been eating dinner at an italian restaurant called ''The Italian Restaurant'' :D
I guess you dont see that name too often :D

Face81 Jul 6th 2005 3:55 pm

I had MC Donalds for 4 days in a row :eek:
Cant stand Chinese food.Im still putting a strong resistance,especially on Cantonese food.Sichuan food is a bit better though,but Im not going too far with that as well.....
Been eating dinner at an italian restaurant called ''The Italian Restaurant'' :D
I guess you dont see that name too often :D

an italian restaurant in china, interesting.....

shoushou Jul 6th 2005 4:06 pm

an italian restaurant in china, interesting.....

We eat there at least twice a week.Its a very nice place,mostly frequented by expats....
It also reminds me of Dubai :)

Face81 Jul 6th 2005 4:15 pm

We eat there at least twice a week.Its a very nice place,mostly frequented by expats....

well then u should eat there more often! :D

shoushou Jul 6th 2005 4:16 pm

well then u should eat there more often! :D

If only it was closer to where I live :(

W10 Jul 6th 2005 4:23 pm

Is it shallow and soul-less ;)

Face81 Jul 6th 2005 4:24 pm

If only it was closer to where I live :(

oh dear..... why dont u go into the restaurant business in Canton?

W10 Jul 6th 2005 4:28 pm

I telleded you to go for hotpot in the White Swan. Very nice.

But...how can you not like Cantonese food :mad: :mad:

shoushou Jul 6th 2005 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by W10
Is it shallow and soul-less ;)

The restaurant, for me,is heaven sent.....
Its never soul-less,it has a special feel,im told so by anyone who goes there....
May I remind you,if it werent for the IR,I would get fed up by KFC/Pizza Hut/McDonalds and start a hunger strike ;)

W10 Jul 6th 2005 4:42 pm

it has a special feel

Oh - that kind of restaurant!

That reminded me. I must email my mother. Will get back to you on that sightseeing names.

shoushou Jul 6th 2005 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by W10
I telleded you to go for hotpot in the White Swan. Very nice.

But...how can you not like Cantonese food :mad: :mad:

I will go there most probably this weekend,dont have enough time on weekdays....
And take it easy on me with the Cantonese food,Im still not used to sugar in my food :eek: ;)