British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Kittens? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/kittens-617604/)

malak2009 Jun 30th 2009 12:36 pm

Kittens?

Hello,

Does anyone know where one would find a kitten in Jeddah to keep inside as a pet?

Kind regards,
Malak

Blue Cat Jun 30th 2009 1:01 pm

Re: Kittens?

Originally Posted by malak2009 (Post 7712026)
Hello,

Does anyone know where one would find a kitten in Jeddah to keep inside as a pet?

Kind regards,
Malak

is there not a feline friends type organisation in Jeddah?

malak2009 Jun 30th 2009 1:17 pm

i dont know:blink:

Roadking Jun 30th 2009 1:19 pm

Didn't someone in Saudi post on here last week with kittens?

Roadking Jun 30th 2009 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7712177)
Didn't someone in Saudi post on here last week with kittens?

Ah, sorry no. It was Riyadh. Still, might be worth a look, it's only 5 hours drive!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=Kittens

shakh your bootie Jun 30th 2009 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by malak2009 (Post 7712170)
i dont know:blink:

Try hanging out around grabage bins in the street - usually loads of cats around. Find one you like and take it. It's free.

BethPageBlack Jun 30th 2009 2:14 pm

Hello,

Kind regards,
Malak

This reminds me of a disturbing story..When we lived in Chicago we had a house with a front door and a back door. The driveway was near the back door so we never ever used the front door. One rainy day i'm by the front door and there's a box of dead kittens with a note that says : I know your nice people, please take care of these kittens. They had been out there for a week. Heres another one..We took in a stray, we had it for years, I never let it in the house but it rarely left the yard..One day I was burning brush in a 55 gallon barrel in the back yard. The barrel was red hot. My neighbor comes by and says "I think your cat got hit by a car, it's in my yard, it's dead" I get a shovel and walk over there, i'm gonna bury it before my daughter gets home from school..She loved that cat and she named it fluffy or frosty, I don't remember but it had a lot of hair..Well I get back to my yard and I'm thinking I could just throw it in the barrel..So I did. Don't ever do that. Instantly there was billowing white smoke coming from the barrel..My neighbor runs over and says "Thats not what I think it is is it!" Eventually all the neighbors came over and the stench was so bad that we had to go out for dinner because the smell was sickening. And it smoldered for hours..

Mariah_Saudi Jun 30th 2009 11:51 pm

Hello,

Kind regards,
Malak

the following group is in jeddah
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=24597253992
also i'll ask a friend of mine she had kittens and wanted to give them away. i will ask her if she has any left if yes, i'll let you know tomorrow. ;)

malak2009 Jul 1st 2009 5:06 am

oh that would be wonderful

Nic1 Jul 1st 2009 5:36 am

try www.openpaws.org - they might have something.

N

Spugsy Jul 1st 2009 5:58 am

Originally Posted by BethPageBlack (Post 7712310)
This reminds me of a disturbing story..When we lived in Chicago we had a house with a front door and a back door. The driveway was near the back door so we never ever used the front door. One rainy day i'm by the front door and there's a box of dead kittens with a note that says : I know your nice people, please take care of these kittens. They had been out there for a week. Heres another one..We took in a stray, we had it for years, I never let it in the house but it rarely left the yard..One day I was burning brush in a 55 gallon barrel in the back yard. The barrel was red hot. My neighbor comes by and says "I think your cat got hit by a car, it's in my yard, it's dead" I get a shovel and walk over there, i'm gonna bury it before my daughter gets home from school..She loved that cat and she named it fluffy or frosty, I don't remember but it had a lot of hair..Well I get back to my yard and I'm thinking I could just throw it in the barrel..So I did. Don't ever do that. Instantly there was billowing white smoke coming from the barrel..My neighbor runs over and says "Thats not what I think it is is it!" Eventually all the neighbors came over and the stench was so bad that we had to go out for dinner because the smell was sickening. And it smoldered for hours..

You're a real wanker you know that?

TGFKASE Jul 1st 2009 6:18 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7713966)
You're a real wanker you know that?

Ive never understood how people can get so attached to cats, when they are hardly the most 'devoted' pet going...

Now dogs.. there is a proper pet...

Blue Cat Jul 1st 2009 6:56 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7714021)
Ive never understood how people can get so attached to cats, when they are hardly the most 'devoted' pet going...

rubbish! my meesers are ace :thumbsup:

malak2009 Jul 1st 2009 7:00 am

Im with you...cats :thumbsup:

Spugsy Jul 1st 2009 7:21 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7714021)

Dogs are gay though.