Khobar tonight

Old Jul 25th 2011, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Khobar tonight

Just had a Khobar dropped on me tonight and tomorrow and was looking for something to do tonight. I know one place to go but it is a bit mancky.

Any sugestions for a oldish normal Brit?

Mike
Old Jul 25th 2011, 11:08 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Khobar tonight

Originally Posted by spartans53
Just had a Khobar dropped on me tonight and tomorrow and was looking for something to do tonight. I know one place to go but it is a bit mancky.

Any sugestions for a oldish normal Brit?
Mike
you taking someone with you?
Old Jul 25th 2011, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

You wanna tag along.

I was with a mate last time but on my jack jones tonight. I know you've never been but its a shithole. The best of the three but a shithole. Plus the locals guard the play out places quite tightly which is understandable but frustrating for the few who are here quite a lot.

I have a place up my sleave but was looking to upgrade. Not looking good as I board at 3.45 but hay ho I'll be back in my own sandpit on Wednesday.

Feel sorry for the tosspot who has made me come over here. He will be getting a new back passage tomorrow and might just hang on to his job because i can't get an Iqama for anyone else.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 11:41 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

ít's only one night, you will manage I am sure
Old Jul 25th 2011, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

You wanna tag along.

I was with a mate last time but on my jack jones tonight. I know you've never been but its a shithole. The best of the three but a shithole. Plus the locals guard the play out places quite tightly which is understandable but frustrating for the few who are here quite a lot.

I have a place up my sleave but was looking to upgrade. Not looking good as I board at 3.45 but hay ho I'll be back in my own sandpit on Wednesday.

Feel sorry for the tosspot who has made me come over here. He will be getting a new back passage tomorrow and might just hang on to his job because i can't get an Iqama for anyone else.
I assume you are referring to popping over to Bahrain? You're not seriously looking for a night out in Khobar??
Old Jul 25th 2011, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

One can be had in Khobar but I'll sort myself out and keep the venue secret
Old Jul 26th 2011, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just getting out of Khobar now. It was over 50c today and much worse than Dubai.

I did manage to wake up this morning with a headache.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Whilst sat in the Airport last night till 5am. I was wondering how many dry nations there are in the world. Ones where someone cant walk off the street and get a drink.

Saudi
Kuwait
Sudan
Brunei
Iran
Afganistan?
Pakistan?
Yemen?
Lybia?

Any more ? means I'm not sure, anyone managed to have a drink in the full set of dry nations? I've got to three of the top 5
Old Jul 27th 2011, 9:29 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Just getting out of Khobar now. It was over 50c today and much worse than Dubai.

I did manage to wake up this morning with a headache.
And Khobar wasn't that bad yesterday! I've experienced worse, much worse....
Old Jul 27th 2011, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Not been too bad in Dubai up to now, so maybe i've gone soft. 50c is still quite warm. Dijbouti is the worst i've had and the dust in Khartoum can be a tad irritating at times
Old Jul 27th 2011, 10:19 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Not been too bad in Dubai up to now, so maybe i've gone soft. 50c is still quite warm. Dijbouti is the worst i've had and the dust in Khartoum can be a tad irritating at times
The thing with Khobar is that it is either very hot and dry or decent temperature but humid as anything. I'm talking 55 degrees which means it feels like your clothes are on fire when you walk from the car to the shop/office or whatever. When it is humid it can be 40 degrees but it's like being in the shower. Funny thing is Bahrain is 50km away but the weather is completely different..
Old Jul 28th 2011, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

The best thing i can say about Khobar is "its better than Riyadh"