Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Is it just me, or has the Tiffany Tower mosque turned the volume up again?

Is it just me, or has the Tiffany Tower mosque turned the volume up again?

Old Nov 8th 2011, 10:30 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is it just me, or has the Tiffany Tower mosque turned the volume up again?

When I moved in to Al Waleed Paradise, I was just getting used to the Call to Prayer and managing to sleep through it. Then about a week ago, I'm sure they turned it up (this is before it got to Eid – I expected it to be louder then).

It's terrible. When they do the morning Adhan, it's like someone coming into my bedroom and putting the TV on at daytime volumes.

Don't get me wrong. I like the sound of it. I just hate it when it's that loud that it doesn't just wake me up. It actually bounces off Dubai Gate 2 and back into the flat, so it sounds like it has delay on it. It actually makes it sound shit.

EDIT: I found this thread on EmiratesWoman, so it sounds like its a repeat offender.

http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/mess...TopicID=117028

I just want to make sure it's not just me before I put a request in for them to check the volume.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it just me, or has the Tiffany Tower mosque turned the volume up again?

Our local mosque also doubled its volume at the beginning of Eid but you are a braver man than me if you dare challenge them.