British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Just been to Al Ain! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/just-been-al-ain-441361/)

Blue Cat Apr 11th 2007 12:31 pm

Just been to Al Ain!

We have just got back from a two night mid week break in Al Ain. We stayed at the Rotana, which was excellent, best hotel rooms we have ever had if I am being honest, really big! The first night was mexican night - 90 dhs all you can eat and drink - only margaritas and Corona, second night Chinese night with red/white wine and lager included again only 90 dhs a head inc of tax. We visited to the zoo which was fantastic, the animals are all so healthy and have massive areas to live in. To me it was more of a park than a zoo. Anyway just wanted to recommend it anyone who was fancying a few days away.

On the down side - they are extending the hotel so there was construction noise during the day but it didn't affect the time we spent there.

:D

arbroath_abroad Apr 11th 2007 12:34 pm

Re: Just been to Al Ain!

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4626223)
We have just got back from a two night mid week break in Al Ain. We stayed at the Rotana, which was excellent, best hotel rooms we have ever had if I am being honest, really big! The first night was mexican night - 90 dhs all you can eat and drink - only margaritas and Corona, second night Chinese night with red/white wine and lager included again only 90 dhs a head inc of tax. We visited to the zoo which was fantastic, the animals are all so healthy and have massive areas to live in. To me it was more of a park than a zoo. Anyway just wanted to recommend it anyone who was fancying a few days away.

On the down side - they are extending the hotel so there was construction noise during the day but it didn't affect the time we spent there.

:D

'only' carona

that'll do for me, im going

MataHari Apr 11th 2007 12:34 pm

Is the zoo finished now? And still 3 dhs entry...

Blue Cat Apr 11th 2007 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 4626235)
Is the zoo finished now? And still 3 dhs entry...

10 dhs, there were a few sign saying 'under expansion' but it was really really impressive. Might be worth going later in year as it was a bit hot yesterday and we went at 3.30!

Blue Cat Apr 11th 2007 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 4626233)
'only' carona

that'll do for me, im going

my DH were well happy!!! food was good too, not FANTASTIC, but enjoyable if that makes sense !!

arbroath_abroad Apr 11th 2007 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4626283)
my DH were well happy!!! food was good too, not FANTASTIC, but enjoyable if that makes sense !!

perfect sense to me,

how much was the room rates if you dont mind me asking

Blue Cat Apr 11th 2007 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 4626293)
perfect sense to me,

how much was the room rates if you dont mind me asking

something like 430 a night, check it on www.rotana.com - took me just over an hour to get there but I was doing 140 between the speed cameras. Not a bad drive down there though, and peaceful compared to here! We will defo go again that's for sure.

arbroath_abroad Apr 11th 2007 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4626323)
something like 430 a night, check it on www.rotana.com - took me just over an hour to get there but I was doing 140 between the speed cameras. Not a bad drive down there though, and peaceful compared to here! We will defo go again that's for sure.

thanks for the info BC, think we shall get a muttsitter and head off

Blue Cat Apr 11th 2007 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 4626329)
thanks for the info BC, think we shall get a muttsitter and head off

I would have jock but the cats would freak !!!

arbroath_abroad Apr 11th 2007 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4626335)
I would have jock but the cats would freak !!!

cheers but that is already taken care of, the inlaws have 3 dogs and they all met at ours last night. There was a bit of a standoff but no fighting, so hopefully Jocks cousins will welcome him:D

Blue Cat Apr 11th 2007 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 4626346)
cheers but that is already taken care of, the inlaws have 3 dogs and they all met at ours last night. There was a bit of a standoff but no fighting, so hopefully Jocks cousins will welcome him:D

bless him !!! he is lovely!

arbroath_abroad Apr 11th 2007 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4626350)
bless him !!! he is lovely!

2 bischon friches and a maltese friche.

Wee jock was kicking ass already

thats my boy:D

Blue Cat Apr 11th 2007 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 4626366)

they aint dogs!!! Jock is ! they are k9 impersonators!

Lexylou Apr 11th 2007 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 4626366)

Wee Jock.... love it. :thumbsup: