Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Jumping a red light...

Jumping a red light...

Old Feb 10th 2008, 3:44 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jumping a red light...

I got a ticket for jumping a red light...but I wasn't there at that time...so what do I do now?
Old Feb 10th 2008, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice
Default Re: Jumping a red light...

I was speaking to a guy a few months back that got 2 tickets for speeding. He was able to see the photos... same number plate as his, different car. He had to pay the fines.

1st stop would be to ask to see the photos showing you jump the light.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 6:16 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
I got a ticket for jumping a red light...but I wasn't there at that time...so what do I do now?
I suspect you will have to prove that or get them to prove it to you? it is a pain in the backside. DH got done a few weeks back but he did admit it was him. Cost us 1200 dhs !
Old Feb 10th 2008, 6:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

You naughty girl! Do you often drive recklessly??
Old Feb 10th 2008, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, i think you have to get the photographic evidence and then try show it wasn't you...but i've heard even with clear evidence, they don't always listen and you have to pay up...

oh, btw, are they going to confiscate the car for a week as well...??

MM, xx
Old Feb 10th 2008, 7:24 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

You can now avoid confiscation if you pay an extra fine, can't you? I heard it was pretty hefty, though.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarethR
You can now avoid confiscation if you pay an extra fine, can't you? I heard it was pretty hefty, though.
yes they had too many cars impounded so needed the space. Don't even think it was that hefty!

Its really going to stop wealthy locals jumping red lights! (or maybe their tickets just manage to disappear anyway)
Old Feb 10th 2008, 7:33 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
yes they had too many cars impounded so needed the space
More likely they just saw an opportunity to make more money.

Don't even think it was that hefty!
I know one person who had to pay 7000 dhs.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:00 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

that was all stopped two weeks ago, apparently it has to be impounded, end off with a 500 dhs fine. When it happened to us we paid 500 dhs fine and 100 dhs a day to keep it out of the pound. The week after it was in the paper that the extra no longer applied. It has to go to the pound, end off
Old Feb 10th 2008, 10:07 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

it only mentions 500 dhs...nothing about impounding...it was on a weekday, around schoolpickup time...so that's where I was...not on the other side of town...
Old Feb 10th 2008, 10:19 am
Concierge

it only mentions 500 dhs...nothing about impounding...it was on a weekday, around schoolpickup time...so that's where I was...not on the other side of town...
when it happened to us we went straight down to the traffic place to sort it out, we were guilty however. If you don't see to it now they will take it as an admission of guilt and get you when you go for registration. Go and see them and get it sorted. Tell them it was impossible and you want to see the proof that they have. Good luck.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 11:05 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to be characteristically negative but I got fined for crossing a yellow line near The Greens and, having paid the fine on-line, I only found out about the impounding at annual registration time, several months later.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 11:49 am
Soupy twist

Originally Posted by lionheart
I got fined for crossing a yellow line near The Greens
Would that be at that disaster of a four-way junction behind the TECOM towers? The one where people in the right-hand lane constantly try and jump the queue by pushing in to the left-hand lane just before the lights, causing even bigger tailbacks than there would otherwise be?
Old Feb 10th 2008, 11:58 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Would that be at that disaster of a four-way junction behind the TECOM towers? The one where people in the right-hand lane constantly try and jump the queue by pushing in to the left-hand lane just before the lights, causing even bigger tailbacks than there would otherwise be?
Just beyong the SZR tunnel and then you go right at the lights, so presumably the same one...they caught several dozen, mostly mums doing the school run.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:01 pm
Soupy twist

Yes, that's the one. The real problems are caused by people coming the other way, heading towards MoE. The whole junction needs scrapping and starting again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.