Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Jumeriah Beach Residence & Arabian Ranches, Dubai

Jumeriah Beach Residence & Arabian Ranches, Dubai

Old Nov 1st 2007, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jumeriah Beach Residence & Arabian Ranches, Dubai

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I am going to say - prices won't come down - there you go done, said it, now its on record so let's see what happens in say 6 months time
I am going to say the same. We'll come back to this thread in April 2008 and see how things go?
Old Nov 1st 2007, 1:30 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expat.brat
I am going to say the same. We'll come back to this thread in April 2008 and see how things go?
that's a date then Mr Brat Ever since I got here I was told that rents would come down - years ago cos no one wanted to be here anyway!!! I just can't see them coming down now, once they are set, they are set. JBR will be full pretty soon and then in a few years time 'the letter' will be sent to existing low paying tennants, the rent court will be busy!!
Old Nov 1st 2007, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

TA5 (remember him?) was saying 3 years ago that the Marina would be a pile of rubble and worth nothing by about, oh, now.

For what is is worth, I saw a report somewhere (sorry, can't remember where) which reckoned on rent rises next year of about 10% then a drop in 2009 to put rents back where they were last year. That sounds about right to me.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
TA5 (remember him?) was saying 3 years ago that the Marina would be a pile of rubble and worth nothing by about, oh, now.
If all the developments announced had been completed as per schedule and were not delayed by 18-36 months, then yes, this could have well been the case.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

I think he was more getting at the build quality. Nothing has fallen down yet. Well, not that I know of.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

I think he was more getting at the build quality. Nothing has fallen down yet. Well, not that I know of.
LOL that was just TA5 speak....
Old Nov 1st 2007, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

If you don't count the marina (wall?) that collapsed recently? I remember posting some pictures... That was truly scary.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Here you go
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=collapsed
Old Nov 1st 2007, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes, I remember that. But being a bit pedantic, nothing has fallen down or needed major repairs that was completed, paid for and occupied. TA5 was (I think) trying to say that the build quality was so bad the properties would need major repairs in a couple of years and would therefore be worthless. He was wrong about that. Again.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes, I remember that. But being a bit pedantic, nothing has fallen down or needed major repairs that was completed, paid for and occupied. TA5 was (I think) trying to say that the build quality was so bad the properties would need major repairs in a couple of years and would therefore be worthless. He was wrong about that. Again.
Hill "slide" villas? (The Garden view villas built on a "hillside") Remember?

Think Nakheel "evacuated" all owners soon after they were completed and occupied in 2003. There were some serious structural problems with every one of the 200 odd villas....

Last edited by IndieG; Nov 1st 2007 at 4:02 am. Reason: More information added
Old Nov 1st 2007, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
Hill "slide" villas? (The Garden view villas built on a "hillside") Remember?

Think Nakheel "evacuated" all owners soon after they were completed and occupied in 2003. There were some serious structural problems with every one of the 200 odd villas....
Good thing they repaired it so that people can now live in them again, as it happening now..
Old Nov 1st 2007, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by expat.brat
Good thing they repaired it so that people can now live in them again, as it happening now..

4 years to repair........ now being leased by Nakheel after they were taken back from the original owners who were given alternative freehold properties in exchange.....

http://www.ameinfo.com/121111.html
Old Nov 1st 2007, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
4 years to repair........ now being leased by Nakheel after they were taken back from the original owners who were given alternative freehold properties in exchange.....

http://www.ameinfo.com/121111.html
I think compared to the other developers Nakheel so far has a pretty bad track record..JI, Hillside villas, Palm remains to be seen. Emaar might be legoland fans but overall I think they are better developers.
Saying that I wouldn't complain if Nakheel offered me a swap up to a JI villa to compensate for my sinking Gardens Views villa!
Old Nov 1st 2007, 5:43 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Now for a lesson in "Garethnomics" to tell me I have got it all wrong and rents will actually go down when more people want to live there.....
Ah right, so the entire USP of JBR - that it's on the beach - isn't as U an SP as Dubai Properties has been telling us? The fact that it's on the beach is entirely meaningless? It's actually going to take the opening of a few shops before people think it's worth making the move?

In fact, is that the reason why JBR is still a ghost town? Nothing to do with too many apartments and not enough demand, tenants are just staying away in their droves because there's no Starbucks yet?

The figures Gareth has quoted comparing demand and supply don't preclude individual bubbles, but they're nevertheless pretty compelling. I've yet to see a credible argument refuting them. *shrug*
What - you mean you don't consider "sour grapes/you're just jealous" to be a credible argument?
Old Nov 1st 2007, 5:48 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty of places already in need of serious repair work, only a few years after completion, because of their cheap and shoddy construction. The Springs would be your happy hunting ground there (and probably the Meadows too, and lots of Lakes residents say their villas are already falling apart around their ears).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.