Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Jumeriah Beach Residence & Arabian Ranches, Dubai

Jumeriah Beach Residence & Arabian Ranches, Dubai

Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jumeriah Beach Residence & Arabian Ranches, Dubai

Originally Posted by jvr20
oi!
kya howa, sunnoo?
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
So they expect an increase in rents when they start to open... Where's GarethR and Border Diver???
Who?
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarethR
You're playing my song

The idea that rents will be able to increase just because shops start to open sounds like desperation on the part of landlords to me.
Okay, I'll bite. The fact that the OP want to live in one of these areas but doesn't want to move until the facilities are open suggests that demand will increase once there are shops, cafes etc. around- unless she is the only one that thinks like that.

If demand increases and their is finite supply it seems to me that prices are only going to go up.

Now for a lesson in "Garethnomics" to tell me I have got it all wrong and rents will actually go down when more people want to live there.....
Old Nov 1st 2007, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
Okay, I'll bite. The fact that the OP want to live in one of these areas but doesn't want to move until the facilities are open suggests that demand will increase once there are shops, cafes etc. around- unless she is the only one that thinks like that.

If demand increases and their is finite supply it seems to me that prices are only going to go up.

Now for a lesson in "Garethnomics" to tell me I have got it all wrong and rents will actually go down when more people want to live there.....
Score
Old Nov 1st 2007, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
1 person's question on this forum does not suggest that demand is going to increase
it is a very basic thing and has happened to all the developments completed in dubai so far. once you complete facilities, the area becomes more desirable and more people want to move in, leading to higher rents. FACT.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 12:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expat.brat
it is a very basic thing and has happened to all the developments completed in dubai so far. once you complete facilities, the area becomes more desirable and more people want to move in, leading to higher rents. FACT.
so there is still hope for International City then!
Old Nov 1st 2007, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
so there is still hope for International City then!
dont see why there wouldn't be.. facilities + natural organic aroma wafting into your windows from nearby to soothe you to sleep..
Old Nov 1st 2007, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

dont see why there wouldn't be.. facilities + natural organic aroma wafting into your windows from nearby to soothe you to sleep..
Not to mention the lovely designs and quality construction

This is the state of the building in the 'Italy cluster' and residents have "been warned to be careful when entering and leaving the building"
Attached Thumbnails Jumeriah Beach Residence & Arabian Ranches, Dubai-building-cracks.jpg  
Old Nov 1st 2007, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Isn't that just a modern art mural they are painting on the side of the building?
Old Nov 1st 2007, 12:41 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JessicaJordan
The only reason I don't fancy Mirdiff is because I work in Jebel Ali and it's a bit far out to commute on a daily basis.
40 - 50 mins in the morning
1hr home in the evening

To be honest it's not that bad a journey....
Old Nov 1st 2007, 12:45 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welivehere
1hr home in the evening

if you get a better home out of it, then it is worth it, we would move to Mirdiff but we can't get anything at 120,000.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Welivehere
1hr home in the evening

how are the passport control lines for entering and exiting mirdiff...i hear you can use your egate card now..
Old Nov 1st 2007, 12:49 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

how are the passport control lines for entering and exiting mirdiff...i hear you can use your egate card now..
aarrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhh....I cannot stand it when people make a big song and dance about Mirdif being 'so far away'...it must be scary for them to leave Jumeira...
Old Nov 1st 2007, 1:05 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Border Reiver

Only if demand is close to, or exceeds, that finite supply... Demand could jump from 5,000 to 50,000, but if there are 100,000 units of supply, prices ain't going north.

The figures Gareth has quoted comparing demand and supply don't preclude individual bubbles, but they're nevertheless pretty compelling. I've yet to see a credible argument refuting them. *shrug*
Old Nov 1st 2007, 1:19 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to say - prices won't come down - there you go done, said it, now its on record so let's see what happens in say 6 months time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.