Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Jumeirah Village South

Jumeirah Village South

Old Apr 1st 2010, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

ellie-rose is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Jumeirah Village South

Hi, We are also looking into finding a rental property in Jumeirah Village South.

We have looked into the area on google earth and it just looks like desert! Does anyone know if the complex is built (and the google earth photo is out of date?) or if the area is still mainly under construction?

If so, does anyone know the predicted completion date?

Can anyone living there, or having visited there, give any reviews or opinions on the area and its amenities?

thank you
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 5:29 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jumeirah Village South

JVS

[regains a modicum of composure] Who's the developer? Oh, a certain Nakheel. The Nakheel of "i've blown all my investors money and now can't pay any of my creditors or contractors" fame... Nakheel who will enter the guiness book of records for record number of megaprojects grinding to a sudden halt at any one time...
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 2:22 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ellie-rose
Hi, We are also looking into finding a rental property in Jumeirah Village South.

We have looked into the area on google earth and it just looks like desert! Does anyone know if the complex is built (and the google earth photo is out of date?) or if the area is still mainly under construction?

If so, does anyone know the predicted completion date?

Can anyone living there, or having visited there, give any reviews or opinions on the area and its amenities?

thank you
you definately are new, steer clear, they apparently have no DEWA yet, stick to Springs, Lakes, Ranches which are established
Old Apr 4th 2010, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

matt-e will become famous soon enoughmatt-e will become famous soon enough

I too am looking to move at the end of this month. Have seen a few nice piccies of Jumeirah Village and floor space seems ok, but after living in Discovery Gardens for 1 year and still waiting for the pools that are now almost 2 and a half years overdue, watching zero maintenance being carried out and roads not being open even though they are built, or swept clean of the build up of sand, I will not trust Nakheel. Everytime I see that stupid monorail project on the Palm I realise that is where they blew all the maintence charges from the rest of their projects

Nakheel do not care. They just take your money and run. 2 weeks after moving into the brand new building in Discovery Gardens there was a massive leak on the top floor, the roof was bowing and there was several inches of water on the floor. I phoned the emergency Nakheel maintence line. Their response was not their problem, contact the landlord (who by the way is an arabic only speaking Iranian Metal company who bought the building as an investment). I explained that the building was less than 2 weeks old and if they built it badly they should fix it, not our problem they said.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt-e
I too am looking to move at the end of this month. Have seen a few nice piccies of Jumeirah Village and floor space seems ok, but after living in Discovery Gardens for 1 year and still waiting for the pools that are now almost 2 and a half years overdue, watching zero maintenance being carried out and roads not being open even though they are built, or swept clean of the build up of sand, I will not trust Nakheel. Everytime I see that stupid monorail project on the Palm I realise that is where they blew all the maintence charges from the rest of their projects

Nakheel do not care. They just take your money and run. 2 weeks after moving into the brand new building in Discovery Gardens there was a massive leak on the top floor, the roof was bowing and there was several inches of water on the floor. I phoned the emergency Nakheel maintence line. Their response was not their problem, contact the landlord (who by the way is an arabic only speaking Iranian Metal company who bought the building as an investment). I explained that the building was less than 2 weeks old and if they built it badly they should fix it, not our problem they said.
We have the same issues at international City (nakheel proj).
ANything wrong with the falt...it's the landlords problem, ask the landlord - he says call nakheel.

Streets are not maintained, streetlighting regularly not switched on etc.

One thing I learnt in Dubai is that you get what you pay for....but these days - you don't even get that!
Old Aug 12th 2010, 4:55 am
Just Joined

Tim Crowe is an unknown quantity at this point

Jumeirah Village is incomplete and there have been problems with connections to DEWA and Du etc. but we are managing some developments which have adequate connections. I understand that Al Faraa developments are bringing in a number of commercial outlets including a supermarket chain from early next year. While there are not the original features that were promised, individual developments are finished which you can view. While JV is just 10 minutes from Dubai Marina, rents are cheap. We have rented out successfully over 500 units contact us on 04 321 7566 for further assistance
Old Aug 12th 2010, 5:09 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

There are some really nice developments in JVS I saw (well... one) and from my tour, they seem to have sorted DEWA and Du. But it is very very much a building site - and access seems to be a complete PITA, unless there's an exit from Emirates Road I missed. That makes it feel even more miles from anywhere than it already is! (Well, I guess if you can cope with Arabian Ranches it's not that bad...)
Old Aug 12th 2010, 5:21 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Steer well clear of any newish Nakheel developments. Even the Palm Jumeirah, their so-called flagship project, is slowly going to pot. Many of their western managers have been replaced by Emiratis, who sadly know very little about project managent. Just look at Ibn Battuta Mall, where four prominent western managers have recently been replaced
Old Aug 12th 2010, 5:56 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Steer well clear of any newish Nakheel developments. Even the Palm Jumeirah, their so-called flagship project, is slowly going to pot. Many of their western managers have been replaced by Emiratis, who sadly know very little about project managent. Just look at Ibn Battuta Mall, where four prominent western managers have recently been replaced
Correction...Palm Jumeriah is quickly going to pot.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

matthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Correction...Palm Jumeriah is quickly going to pot.
Ohhh, ive missed any news about this! Whats going wrong with Palm Jumeirah?
Old Aug 12th 2010, 6:29 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matthew.lewis2
Ohhh, ive missed any news about this! Whats going wrong with Palm Jumeirah?
A/C is a disgrace (we get smells coming through vents from neighbours, who must be chain-smokers) . Nakheel say it is normal, but if we pay a few thousand dh they can fix it. Water keeps leaking from apartment above due to pipes not being sealed properly. I can p1ss harder than our shower (again, pay money and we will fix). More and more people moving out – a one bed in building 13 is going for 70,000dh at moment.
Palm Cooling also playing games now – in past we paid the bill annually, two weeks ago they cut us (and around 30 other apartments in our building) off at 5pm on a Thursday night as billing has changed to monthly (without notifying us). 1000dh reconnection charge.
And don’t get me started about the cracks appearing in the walls. I can understand there will be some subsidence/settling, but not the extent that we are seeing.
It’s very annoying that Nakheel are now squeezing whatever they can out of people to cover their bad debt. As soon as our contract is up we’re out of there.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

Palm Jumeirah villas i.e. the fronds are relatively fine though.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 7:25 am
Big Member

Originally Posted by expat.brat
Palm Jumeirah villas i.e. the fronds are relatively fine though.
Not according to a friend living there. He is also getting some lovely cracks appearing.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 7:34 am
Just Joined

Tim Crowe is an unknown quantity at this point

hey all these maintenance complaints about developers should stop. Unit owners now must form an owners association and take responsibility for the whole property from the developer by 12 October. If the Owners Association wants to change any contractor they will have the power to do so. Unless maintenance improves, tenants can move. Need any advice give me a call on 04 3217566.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

It's ok. We have Tim on the case.

The fact that they build on reclaimed land before settlement had completed is not of concern...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.