Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

IT Jobs In Dubai or in UAE for that Matter

IT Jobs In Dubai or in UAE for that Matter

Old Sep 3rd 2004, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Calgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really nice
Default IT Jobs In Dubai or in UAE for that Matter

Hi Everybody,

This is my first time. Let me just say first that how great this website is to collect information on UAE and I just want to thank every body involved.
I live in Canada. Calgary AB to be specific. I am working here as a computer programmer/Analyst for past 6 yrs and I am really intrested in moving to UAE.
I already applied for jobs in Dubai and its been almost 5 months and I am still waiting. Also I applied for the emplyment agencies and havent receive an answer yet.

Can somebody help me in this regard? where should I apply to get a responce back or any company that deals with IT ? that will be great.

Thanks in Avance for your help

Khan
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 6:37 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice
Default Re: IT Jobs In Dubai or in UAE for that Matter

Originally Posted by Calgarian
Hi Everybody,

This is my first time. Let me just say first that how great this website is to collect information on UAE and I just want to thank every body involved.
I live in Canada. Calgary AB to be specific. I am working here as a computer programmer/Analyst for past 6 yrs and I am really intrested in moving to UAE.
I already applied for jobs in Dubai and its been almost 5 months and I am still waiting. Also I applied for the emplyment agencies and havent receive an answer yet.

Can somebody help me in this regard? where should I apply to get a responce back or any company that deals with IT ? that will be great.

Thanks in Avance for your help

Khan
Hi Khan... first time for what?

Have you tried Dubai Internet City?

www.dubaiinternetcity.com/html/dic_jobs.asp
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 6:50 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cherrypie
Hi Khan... first time for what?

Have you tried Dubai Internet City?

www.dubaiinternetcity.com/html/dic_jobs.asp
and once again cherrypie prooves how filthy her mind can be !!!! lol

Khan...
lots of recruit firms that do get back to you! have a look on the other posts in this forum and u will see lists and lists! suprised u have had no response!
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 7:00 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
and once again cherrypie prooves how filthy her mind can be !!!! lol
Joseph.creative...really! Can't a girl flirt...I mean offer help...in peace? Why don't you go and busy yourself with the personality quiz?

Mr Khan said it was his "first time" but his posts showed the no.2, so I just innocently wondered what it was his first time for?
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 7:02 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Joseph.creative...really! Can't a girl flirt...I mean offer help...in peace? Why don't you go and busy yourself with the personality quiz?

Mr Khan said it was his "first time" but his posts showed the no.2, so I just innocently wondered what it was his first time for?
but ur a married woman what would Mr. Cherrypie say?
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 7:05 pm
Simply Brilliant

but ur a married woman what would Mr. Cherrypie say?
About Khan's posts showing the no.2 ?
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 7:09 pm
The 5th Amendment

Joseph.creative...really! Can't a girl flirt...I mean offer help...in peace?
hmm hmm that is maybe what Mr Cherrypie might not like!!!

I have recently applied for my sainthood as well...
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 7:13 pm
Simply Brilliant

hmm hmm that is maybe what Mr Cherrypie might not like!!!

I have recently applied for my sainthood as well...
That was a slip of the tongue
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 7:17 pm
The 5th Amendment

That was a slip of the tongue
hmm and now ur karma has gone to 4 stars!!!

what do i do to get it bigger.... the karma I mean as i know u have a filthy mind!!! lol
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 7:22 pm
Simply Brilliant

hmm and now ur karma has gone to 4 stars!!!

what do i do to get it bigger.... the karma I mean as i know u have a filthy mind!!! lol
Jeez Joseph! You are one confused fellow. The stars are not karma... they increase as the number of your posts increases. I assume because I have hit 250, I have gone up to 4 stars.

It is the blue boxes which show karma. I could do with a bit more to get to 2 boxes...so send me some for the explanation
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 7:24 pm
The 5th Amendment

Jeez Joseph! You are one confused fellow. The stars are not karma... they increase as the number of your posts increases. I assume because I have hit 250, I have gone up to 4 stars.

It is the blue boxes which show karma. I could do with a bit more to get to 2 boxes...so send me some for the explanation
hmmm !!! well wher do u find that out?>

clicked ur karma earlier and not allowed ot give anyout! hmm I am on a small 27 points anyway so probably why I can't do anything!
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 7:35 pm
Simply Brilliant

hmmm !!! well wher do u find that out?>

clicked ur karma earlier and not allowed ot give anyout! hmm I am on a small 27 points anyway so probably why I can't do anything!
How old did you say you were?

I'm off to bed but will help you out before I go.

If you check at the bottom of the main forum page, there's a site feedback section...that'll answer most questions. You need to go round and spread some karma before giving it to the same person again, so that's why you can't karma me. Mods karma is worth loads, so people who have sh**loads of it, are doubtless, well known by the mods.

But don't worry your pretty little head too much See ya!
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 8:15 pm
The 5th Amendment

How old did you say you were?

I'm off to bed but will help you out before I go.

If you check at the bottom of the main forum page, there's a site feedback section...that'll answer most questions. You need to go round and spread some karma before giving it to the same person again, so that's why you can't karma me. Mods karma is worth loads, so people who have sh**loads of it, are doubtless, well known by the mods.

But don't worry your pretty little head too much See ya!
ha hah!!! 31 before u say a thing!

ok back to the main pages.... and hmm how di u know i was good looking!!? lol
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Calgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really nice

Ok.....Just to avoid any confusion and putting this issue to rest it is my first time to start a new thread. Now this sattle can u guys help me with the "big issue I am having ?

Just to answer cherrypie's question its been a loooooooooooooooooooooong time ago when it was my first time.
And yes Cheerypie I have applied for the internet city no replies eith...Thanks for your kind and Only advice so far .
Thanks for ur help ppl....Stay out of trouble

Khan

Last edited by Calgarian; Sep 3rd 2004 at 9:36 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:24 am
Simply Brilliant

Khan, maybe I have misunderstood but I fail to see how you have applied for so may positions and also contacted recruitment agencies and are still waiting. Have you not even had the courtesy of a response? or have you reached interview stage and not quite made it.

The style of contracts given out in Dubai is changing. Whereas once contracts were often around 2-3 years, a 5-7 year contract is now also pretty normal. Employers also prefer a certain aged employee and unfortunately sexism, racism and ageism are all extremely heightened in the UAE. It is far from a politically correct place, as a quick glance thru' the job vacancies section will show.

If you are really serious about getting work in Dubai, I think you should stop doing what you've been doing for the past 5 months and get yourself out here for a short time. Jobs are advertised regularly but are snapped up very fast, often by those who have entered on a visit visa and are aggressively job-hunting. I honestly believe this will be your best bet. It'll also give you the chance to attend job fairs and recruitment fairs which are held regularly out here.

Maybe they need to put a face to the name.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.