Reload this Page >

job rejected after appointment

job rejected after appointment

Old Apr 18th 2009, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Sunaif is an unknown quantity at this point
Default job rejected after appointment

Hello everyone,

Around a month ago I got an offer from one of the company based in Abu Dhabi. I signed the appointment letter with them and they asked me to resign from my current position since I have to complete one month notice period with previous employer. They also asked my documents for visa processing. After the resignation and completion of my notice period when I'm all free to join them, they are saying that company management has decided to hold the recruitment until further notice. Now I dont have a job. Can anyone advice me.

Regards,
Sunaif
Old Apr 18th 2009, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job rejected after appointment

Unfortunately, you aren't the first and won't be the last.

See if you can get your old job back.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

There is no change in old company because they recently laid around 20% of the whole staff, company is in bad circumstances.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunaif
There is no change in old company because they recently laid around 20% of the whole staff, company is in bad circumstances.
then you will have to get a new job.

Unfortunately there is sweet FA you can do. Move on, get on with your life.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 11:41 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, gotta agree with admon. If you had checked online you would have found out that this place isnt exactly how Piers Morgan described it...

Chalk it down to experience and move on. You have F U C K all rights when a UAE company does that to you.....

Masallahmah, MF.....
Old Apr 19th 2009, 5:30 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your situation Sunaif. Unfortunately the others are completely right - you have almost no chance of comeback at all.

If you've signed contracts it might be worth checking to see what it says about notice periods and termination, but you'll be very very lucky to see anything.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 8:01 am
Just Joined

thanks for all concerns but I really mean to ask if there is any legal way to get the justice?

This is kind of a commitment for a job, I have their original appointment letter as well. But now they are denying. I lost my job only for them.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

thanks for all concerns but I really mean to ask if there is any legal way to get the justice?

This is kind of a commitment for a job, I have their original appointment letter as well. But now they are denying. I lost my job only for them.
mate, how many times can we say, forget about it.

Do you have a signed original contract? - even if you do, you would only be bound for the notice period in your probation period - and just to enforce that is likely to cost you far far more than you would receive.

If you don't have a signed contract, then you have absolute zero.

Get over it. Its gone.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 9:08 am
Just Joined

I understand... its the most unfortunate incident in my professional life and in this difficult times its even harder to find a new job but im trying
Old Apr 19th 2009, 9:15 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

I understand... its the most unfortunate incident in my professional life and in this difficult times its even harder to find a new job but im trying
take some comfort (however unfortunate) that you are not alone in this situation and i would dare say there are dozens, if not more, expats getting dudded not only in the ME but elsewhere.

whatever you do, don't be discouraged about trying for another role in the ME. you're now (painfully) aware of the dodgier aspects of working here, but if you land the right job/package, it can be a great place to work.

haz saeed
Old Apr 19th 2009, 9:33 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

may i recommend..

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=597645&page=6
Old Apr 19th 2009, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by commander
yeah a hug is just what he needs..
Old Apr 19th 2009, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

One weeks salary is all that you are really entitled too if they have not gained labour approval for you therefore they are not under any legal obligation to pay you anything. It would be a nice gesture if they paid you the weeks salary.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 10:56 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by banter64
One weeks salary is all that you are really entitled too if they have not gained labour approval for you therefore they are not under any legal obligation to pay you anything. It would be a nice gesture if they paid you the weeks salary.
oh dear... business ethics and 'doing the right thing' is just a non-existent concept in the ME. the fact that they told you before you flew out and setup should be regarded as a nice gesture...
Old Apr 19th 2009, 4:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,

Around a month ago I got an offer from one of the company based in Abu Dhabi. I signed the appointment letter with them and they asked me to resign from my current position since I have to complete one month notice period with previous employer. They also asked my documents for visa processing. After the resignation and completion of my notice period when I'm all free to join them, they are saying that company management has decided to hold the recruitment until further notice. Now I dont have a job. Can anyone advice me.

Regards,
Sunaif
It happened to a former colleague of mine - he was shafted by a company not unconnected with HHSM.

He bluffed his way in somehow............... in fact I think he's still there.

If I can persuade him to open up about it, I'll post more details about what he did.

Mind you, the guy I'm talking about has balls of tungsten......... he could buy and sell most of us ten times before breakfast and not bother stopping to count the change............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.