Reload this Page >

Job Offered based in Riyadh

Job Offered based in Riyadh

Old Jul 25th 2012, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

hiteshapatel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job Offered based in Riyadh

Hi All,

I have been offered a role as Technical Consultant to be based in Riyadh. I have spent all my life living and working in the UK and this offer would be a big step for me.
What I would like to ask you, is it normal practice for companies not to offer any sort of relocation or allowances? This company is offering me a base salary and have said they will sort out all Visa costs. All other costs would come out of my base salary. They have advised they will get me a residents visa for the UAE and visitors Visa for Saudi. However if I am not mistaken if I do not have a residents Visa for Saudi, I will not be able to rent anything in Saudi let alone work.
or am I mistaken.
regards
Old Jul 25th 2012, 6:48 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Job Offered based in Riyadh

I had a rentacar for 8 months on visit visa. You can work but no bank account, no loans, no buying a car. It is not usual that allowances are excluded but at the end if you like your package it doesn't mater how it's structured. Also on visit visa you will have to do jolly-runs every month to Dubai, which should't be too difficult. Also, you can't bring your wife or kids without having Saudi residence.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 8:26 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Depends how massive the base salary is I'd guess....but it does seem somewhat unusual...
Old Jul 25th 2012, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the info, does it mean I would be able to rent an apartment on the visitors visa?
Old Jul 25th 2012, 9:21 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hiteshapatel
thanks for the info, does it mean I would be able to rent an apartment on the visitors visa?
The company should be able to sort it out for you. My company took on a lease for me.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

how much would people class as massive for a company not to provide the allowances?
Old Jul 26th 2012, 2:06 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

how much would people class as massive for a company not to provide the allowances?
80-100k/month...
Old Jul 26th 2012, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

WOW I assume this would be local currency SAR?
So 30K SAR pcm is not very good considering i would need to take all my costs out of that.
Insurance, rental, living in a western compound?
Old Jul 26th 2012, 2:24 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

WOW I assume this would be local currency SAR?
So 30K SAR pcm is not very good considering i would need to take all my costs out of that.
Insurance, rental, living in a western compound?
Of course its SAR, you asked what would be a massive salary? Personally I wouldn't move there for anything less than 70k, but that's just me.

In fact i probably wouldn't work there full stop.

What I don;t understand is how you could work in Saudi on a visit visa? That I don't understand.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

:-)
The offer came in for a role based in Saudi. i wanted a role in UAE, but they do not have any roles at present. But they are a growing company with room for movement. the salary if converted to GBP would be eqv to £100K for me to get that much salary in the UK would be very hard if not impossible.
Re the Visa issue I am still unclear myself and was hopping to find some help here. I am planning to fly out to the UAE over the weekend to trash out these details with the company. If I am still not 100% comfortable I will pass it up.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 3:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Kix
In fact i probably wouldn't work there full stop.
Just take care, I was making similar statements 5 years ago.

Originally Posted by Kix
What I don;t understand is how you could work in Saudi on a visit visa? That I don't understand.
It's common enough. You are paid in cash and have to get in and out all the time.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 3:23 pm
Banned

With 30k you will not live on a compound unless you want to give 40% of your income for a flat.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Southlondoner is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Hitesh

SAR 30k per month all in is not a good offer in Saudi for a professional to relocate from the west. Especially if housing and the car comes out of this.

A one bedroom apartment on a western compound will cost SAR 80k per year minimum. Car allowance - figure SAR 60k per year. On a monthly salary of SAR 30k - that is 1/3 of your income gone just on housing and car.

Also - SAR 30k per month is not equivalent to £100k p/a. It is close to USD 100k per year.

On top of this - there is the visa situation. Even on an iqama (work permit) foreigners have little employment rights in Saudi. On a six month business visa - the company can terminate you on a whim with no notice at all.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 8:03 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Southlondoner
Car allowance - figure SAR 60k per year.
You buying an Escalade?? A top spec Tahoe costs me 40kSAR per year.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Wow that was not what I was told. I have been advised I could get a 1 bed appartment for 1500usd PCM in a compound. I assume this is wrong.

So what is the average cost of a 1 bed apartment in a good compound for the year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.