British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Job offer Saudi - Will I get Visa with a Spent Criminal Record? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/job-offer-saudi-will-i-get-visa-spent-criminal-record-923369/)

zain khan Mar 19th 2019 5:08 pm

Job offer Saudi - Will I get Visa with a Spent Criminal Record?

Hi People,

Advice required please I have just been offered a Role in Saudi, and the Saudi Embassy initially asked for a ACRO Report. I assumed all would be OK as they thing I had on my record was showing as Spent. They have since been in touch and asked for a Subject Access Report. What are my chances of getting a Visa? Couple of things that happend when i was younger and in with the wrong crowd, underage driving and theft (handling stolen goods - Bought a Mobile from eBAY).

Please help, as its really stressing me out, spent 15 years getting through two Degrees and forging a successful career with various Blue chip companies for this to still hang over me!

mikelincs Mar 19th 2019 9:51 pm

Re: Job offer Saudi - Will I get Visa with a Spent Criminal Record?

Originally Posted by zain khan (Post 12656457)
Hi People,

Advice required please I have just been offered a Role in Saudi, and the Saudi Embassy initially asked for a ACRO Report. I assumed all would be OK as they thing I had on my record was showing as Spent. They have since been in touch and asked for a Subject Access Report. What are my chances of getting a Visa? Couple of things that happend when i was younger and in with the wrong crowd, underage driving and theft (handling stolen goods - Bought a Mobile from eBAY).

Please help, as its really stressing me out, spent 15 years getting through two Degrees and forging a successful career with various Blue chip companies for this to still hang over me!

You will just have to do what is asked, 'spent' convictions are only spent in regard to the UK, other countries treat them differently, all you can do is to send what thy want and then wait.

weasel decentral Mar 20th 2019 6:35 am

Hi People,

You'll just have to submit and wait. I would not be hopeful though as this tends to be a show stopper in my experience.

zain khan Mar 20th 2019 7:42 am

Thanks, for the reply Mike, agree will need to submit and wait, is out of my hands. Was hoping that someone would have been through something similar and come through it. Have been told it can depend on who's desk the application falls on, on the day it is submitted, and what kind of mood they are in.

zain khan Mar 20th 2019 7:44 am

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 12656680)
You'll just have to submit and wait. I would not be hopeful though as this tends to be a show stopper in my experience.

Yep, that's what I'm apprehensive about. When searching the web, its mostly, no go stories. Not seen one where someone has said they were fine.

Millhouse Mar 20th 2019 11:29 am

Originally Posted by zain khan (Post 12656697)
Yep, that's what I'm apprehensive about. When searching the web, its mostly, no go stories. Not seen one where someone has said they were fine.

Be positive; those that got in are too busy to living the KSA dream to bother posting about it.

zain khan Mar 20th 2019 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12656784)
Be positive; those that got in are too busy to living the KSA dream to bother posting about it.

True

jam25mack Mar 26th 2019 10:13 am

:lol:​​​​​​​:lol:​​​​​​� ��:lol:​​​​​​​:lol:​​​​​� �​:lol:​​​​​​​:lol:

Tahir84 Apr 1st 2019 8:51 am

comment of the year :goodpost:

Tahir84 Apr 1st 2019 8:55 am

apologies for hijacking, when applying for ACRO online, it asks you whether you have any conviction etc? Did you provide these details upfront as part of the application or did you only realise after seeing the disclosure. I have a IN10 from 2008, i am hoping that it isnt on ACRO however when completing the online application, it does ask you to declare any known history relating to convictions etc.?

XO1 Oct 9th 2019 8:49 pm

Hi People,

Zain, how did you get on with the process, did you get the visa. Going through the same process and have a conviction from my yourh (going back over 20 years).

scrubbedexpat141 Oct 10th 2019 5:00 am

Originally Posted by XO1 (Post 12746230)
Zain, how did you get on with the process, did you get the visa. Going through the same process and have a conviction from my yourh (going back over 20 years).

Zain at least had the minerals to tell us what he did, even if the 'bought a stolen mobile on ebay' line is barely believable.