Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Job offer Saudi - Will I get Visa with a Spent Criminal Record?

Job offer Saudi - Will I get Visa with a Spent Criminal Record?

Old Mar 19th 2019, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

zain khan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job offer Saudi - Will I get Visa with a Spent Criminal Record?

Hi People,

Advice required please I have just been offered a Role in Saudi, and the Saudi Embassy initially asked for a ACRO Report. I assumed all would be OK as they thing I had on my record was showing as Spent. They have since been in touch and asked for a Subject Access Report. What are my chances of getting a Visa? Couple of things that happend when i was younger and in with the wrong crowd, underage driving and theft (handling stolen goods - Bought a Mobile from eBAY).

Please help, as its really stressing me out, spent 15 years getting through two Degrees and forging a successful career with various Blue chip companies for this to still hang over me!

Old Mar 19th 2019, 9:51 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job offer Saudi - Will I get Visa with a Spent Criminal Record?

Originally Posted by zain khan
Hi People,

Advice required please I have just been offered a Role in Saudi, and the Saudi Embassy initially asked for a ACRO Report. I assumed all would be OK as they thing I had on my record was showing as Spent. They have since been in touch and asked for a Subject Access Report. What are my chances of getting a Visa? Couple of things that happend when i was younger and in with the wrong crowd, underage driving and theft (handling stolen goods - Bought a Mobile from eBAY).

Please help, as its really stressing me out, spent 15 years getting through two Degrees and forging a successful career with various Blue chip companies for this to still hang over me!
You will just have to do what is asked, 'spent' convictions are only spent in regard to the UK, other countries treat them differently, all you can do is to send what thy want and then wait.
Old Mar 20th 2019, 6:35 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Hi People,

You'll just have to submit and wait. I would not be hopeful though as this tends to be a show stopper in my experience.
Old Mar 20th 2019, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Thanks, for the reply Mike, agree will need to submit and wait, is out of my hands. Was hoping that someone would have been through something similar and come through it. Have been told it can depend on who's desk the application falls on, on the day it is submitted, and what kind of mood they are in.
Old Mar 20th 2019, 7:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
You'll just have to submit and wait. I would not be hopeful though as this tends to be a show stopper in my experience.
Yep, that's what I'm apprehensive about. When searching the web, its mostly, no go stories. Not seen one where someone has said they were fine.
Old Mar 20th 2019, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, that's what I'm apprehensive about. When searching the web, its mostly, no go stories. Not seen one where someone has said they were fine.
Be positive; those that got in are too busy to living the KSA dream to bother posting about it.
Old Mar 20th 2019, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Be positive; those that got in are too busy to living the KSA dream to bother posting about it.
True
Old Mar 26th 2019, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

​​​​​​​​​​​​​� ��​​​​​​​​​​​​� �​​​​​​​​
Old Apr 1st 2019, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Tahir84 is an unknown quantity at this point

comment of the year
Old Apr 1st 2019, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Tahir84 is an unknown quantity at this point

apologies for hijacking, when applying for ACRO online, it asks you whether you have any conviction etc? Did you provide these details upfront as part of the application or did you only realise after seeing the disclosure. I have a IN10 from 2008, i am hoping that it isnt on ACRO however when completing the online application, it does ask you to declare any known history relating to convictions etc.?
Old Oct 9th 2019, 8:49 pm
XO1
Just Joined

XO1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi People,

Zain, how did you get on with the process, did you get the visa. Going through the same process and have a conviction from my yourh (going back over 20 years).
Old Oct 10th 2019, 5:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by XO1
Zain, how did you get on with the process, did you get the visa. Going through the same process and have a conviction from my yourh (going back over 20 years).
Zain at least had the minerals to tell us what he did, even if the 'bought a stolen mobile on ebay' line is barely believable.