Reload this Page >

Job offer in Dubai

Job offer in Dubai

Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

Amy123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job offer in Dubai

Hi Everyone
I am 28 years old and work in the financial sector for the last 5 years. I have been offered a job in Dubai and right now I live in London. I want to know what I should ask for in the following areas. If there are other areas I have left out let me know:

1. Salary incl. Accomodation, car and basic
2. Relocation costs inc. shipping
3. Schooling for my son
4. Bonus
5. Temporary accomodation (how long provided and also is it paid for completely by the company until I find a place?)

any other benefits that I am not aware of?
Also, they are only offering me a 6 month contract and then they said they will make me permanent. They said that is company policy for expatriates. What do you think of such an offer? It is similar to having a 6 month probation period.

Last edited by Amy123; Apr 9th 2008 at 6:19 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job offer in Dubai

flights home, health cover, some people still get beach clubs (rare, but try it on)...

and only 6 months, are they providing accomodation or do you need to find it? likely you will need to sign an annual contract and pay up front...

if you're a single mother, there are issues over sponsorship...not by any means insurmountable, but an added complication...

MM, xx
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

They will offer me temporary accomodation only for a few weeks. I am not a single mother but I need my sponsorship and my son's sponsorship to be on the company. Are they being fair with the 6 month contract and then being made permanent after you reckon? Any estimates for figures?
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amy123
They will offer me temporary accomodation only for a few weeks. I am not a single mother but I need my sponsorship and my son's sponsorship to be on the company. Are they being fair with the 6 month contract and then being made permanent after you reckon? Any estimates for figures?
i think you're going to have accomodation problems...and are they sorting out your son's sponsorship, you need to clarify that...

MM, xx
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

If I pay upfront for the year's rent then I will have to mention that to them upfront so they know. I haven't yet discussed sponsorship of my son yet but I assume they will do it. They were really picky about my husband being out there and hence did not offer me a permanent role when they knew he was still in London. My husband is starting a new job out there and they felt better about me when I told them that.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If I pay upfront for the year's rent then I will have to mention that to them upfront so they know. I haven't yet discussed sponsorship of my son yet but I assume they will do it. They were really picky about my husband being out there and hence did not offer me a permanent role when they knew he was still in London. My husband is starting a new job out there and they felt better about me when I told them that.
well you defo need to sort out your son thing...otherwise he can't stay here full time and you won't be able to put him in school...

i'm not clear what you mean on the rent thing, you can't rent somewhere without residency (and therefore a job)...you're not suggesting renting somewhere before you get the job are you??

MM, xx
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

No I meant that the contract is for 6 months with the company. If I am not made permanent after 6 months and come back to the UK then I will not be able to pay the remaining 6 months rent. That is what I meant.
What is the problem with having the sponsorship of my son on my company? I am the sponsor of my son, is what I mean.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No I meant that the contract is for 6 months with the company. If I am not made permanent after 6 months and come back to the UK then I will not be able to pay the remaining 6 months rent. That is what I meant.
What is the problem with having the sponsorship of my son on my company? I am the sponsor of my son, is what I mean.
because it's more complicated that a father sponsoring a son (which is the norm)...though as i said, it is completely do-able...you just need to be aware...

MM, xx
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

What area within the financial sector are you in? Then people may be more specific regarding package...local firm vs international firm??

But as MM says sorting your son out first is the most important thing.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:36 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

You seem to be under the false impression that you are dealing with a civilised society here. Please be mindful that Arab culture in many walks of life is still back in the Middle Ages. Why not get your hubby to sponsor your son if he is working here anyway?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
You seem to be under the false impression that you are dealing with a civilised society here. Please be mindful that Arab culture in many walks of life is still back in the Middle Ages. Why not get your hubby to sponsor your son if he is working here anyway?
Sticking point is that she won't get an 'overseas package' if she is under her husbands sponsorship.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
Sticking point is that she won't get an 'overseas package' if she is under her husbands sponsorship.
so she'll get a 'local' package? so much the better!!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:44 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

so Amy both you and your husband are relocating to Dubai and you both have jobs that are offering you full compensation, eg rent etc. You are way better off letting your husband sponsor you and your son, that way you aren't tied to the Company you are planning on joining and can walk away at any time.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:08 am

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

Car allowance? You must be able to get that!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Coxy the Bear
Car allowance? You must be able to get that!
see her point number 1...!!

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.