Reload this Page >

Job Offer from Big 4 in Dubai

Job Offer from Big 4 in Dubai

Old Dec 20th 2020, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Faizy_81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job Offer from Big 4 in Dubai

Hi All,

I have been offered a salary of 45k AED / month by a big 4 in Dubai. On top of that they would pay 75% towards tuition fees for my 2 daughters (who i plan to send to a british school). There will be transport allowance separate given every May which will pay for return air tickets back to UK. There is discretionary bonus on offer as well (but i dont take it into consideration).

I am planning on living in a 3 bed villa. I dont have a lavish lifestyle and dont drink too. will get a decent car for 4k AED per month.

Is this a good offer or should i negotiate. I was expecting a Director level offer but they have given a SM offer. I am a Director in a Big 4 in UK.

Replies would be much apreciated

FZ
Old Dec 20th 2020, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Offer from Big 4 in Dubai

You should always negotiate. How many years' experience do you have?
Old Dec 20th 2020, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

15 years of experience
Old Dec 20th 2020, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

SandyMcSand is an unknown quantity at this point

They’re taking the p*ss.

I was ex-big 4 in the region and that is a standard package for an SM with 10 years experience. I’d push for director or failing that get as close to 50k as possible.

I had just joined as an SM and was on 48k. Your offer is most likely in response to Covid and I’m not sure what their appetite will be to negotiate.
Old Dec 21st 2020, 3:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SandyMcSand
They’re taking the p*ss.

I was ex-big 4 in the region and that is a standard package for an SM with 10 years experience. I’d push for director or failing that get as close to 50k as possible.

I had just joined as an SM and was on 48k. Your offer is most likely in response to Covid and I’m not sure what their appetite will be to negotiate.
Yes that’s what I am thinking. I need to push for director position. They are keen to just take my net income and apply 10-15 percent uplift on it. They are taking a Director from big 4 from London market and trying to shove it at SM position in Middle East. I would push for Director and range of 53-57kAED because I feel this is what I deserve but let’s see what there appetite is.

what’s the range for Director in Middle East big 4?

Old Dec 21st 2020, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Director is all about your list of clients and how much new business you can generate, hence why they Are offering SM, assuming that you are totally new to MENA.

Director ranges from 50-70k, but realistically you should be targetting the low 50s. I’d focus on the job title more than the cash, you could potentially be stuck at SM for two years. If you can get director and a salary around 48-53k with a director title then I’d go for it. Coming in as an SM is a step backwards.

Old Dec 22nd 2020, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SandyMcSand
Director is all about your list of clients and how much new business you can generate, hence why they Are offering SM, assuming that you are totally new to MENA.

Director ranges from 50-70k, but realistically you should be targetting the low 50s. I’d focus on the job title more than the cash, you could potentially be stuck at SM for two years. If you can get director and a salary around 48-53k with a director title then I’d go for it. Coming in as an SM is a step backwards.
Not forgetting that the Big 4 here are a shitshow
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 6:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

The Big 4 always try and tax-adjust you here. I personally would not go from Director in London to Senior Manager here. This is not a booming market that is going to give you a decent set of credentials, and the "talent" that you'll have at your disposal will be terrible.

If it's audit, you will have totally incompetent junior staff to work with, terrible governance issues to be forced to overlook and hopeless counterparts.
If it's TAS, your clients will never close a deal, constantly change their mind, hit you will scope creep and blame you for when it fails - the decent TAS clients will not go to a Big 4 here so you'll at the rump end - the government work will be worse and many won't progress much past feasibility study.

45k + school fees for SM is probably about right.
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 9:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Millhouse
The Big 4 always try and tax-adjust you here. I personally would not go from Director in London to Senior Manager here. This is not a booming market that is going to give you a decent set of credentials, and the "talent" that you'll have at your disposal will be terrible.

If it's audit, you will have totally incompetent junior staff to work with, terrible governance issues to be forced to overlook and hopeless counterparts.
If it's TAS, your clients will never close a deal, constantly change their mind, hit you will scope creep and blame you for when it fails - the decent TAS clients will not go to a Big 4 here so you'll at the rump end - the government work will be worse and many won't progress much past feasibility study.

45k + school fees for SM is probably about right.
Thanks! My take home converted is 41k AED. Considering i dont have to pay for schooling in UK (25% ill have to pay here) plus dubai is generally expensive and you need a big startup cost to relocate here. I would ask for 30 percent uplift if not more. This would put me in early 50's. I am pushing for director role now and not so much for SM. Lets see what they come back with. Its a tough market right now due to covid so dont know where will this end!

regards,
Faizy
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Not forgetting that the Big 4 here are a shitshow

spot on. Literally I felt like my career went two steps backwards. Half the time I was spending time correcting the most basic mistakes. The money was decent and so was the expense cc!!!
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Faizy_81
Hi All,

I have been offered a salary of 45k AED / month by a big 4 in Dubai. On top of that they would pay 75% towards tuition fees for my 2 daughters (who i plan to send to a british school). There will be transport allowance separate given every May which will pay for return air tickets back to UK. There is discretionary bonus on offer as well (but i dont take it into consideration).

I am planning on living in a 3 bed villa. I dont have a lavish lifestyle and dont drink too. will get a decent car for 4k AED per month.

Is this a good offer or should i negotiate. I was expecting a Director level offer but they have given a SM offer. I am a Director in a Big 4 in UK.

Replies would be much apreciated

FZ
Out of interest is the 45k split down into base salary and housing ? (This impacts your end of service benefits should that be relevant) ..... And is there a cap on the education ... is it 75% of anything ? Also to note that the free flights are an entitlement but its not normally described as a transport allowance ...... maybe worth clarifying if you do get a true transport (car) allowance

Last edited by UKMS; Dec 22nd 2020 at 8:07 pm.
Old Dec 25th 2020, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

there is no cap on education. kids can go to any school and company will pay 75% percent of it. 45k is split into housing and base salary yes!
Old Dec 28th 2020, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

aali1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Being a Director in London to SM in UAE; absolutely no.
UAE isn't a market you can take very seriously work wise frankly. Not worth it at all to take a back step. Move over as Director in the low 50s and worth considering. Yes it's expensive but maybe the change of lifestyle and getting out of the UK for a bit is the incentive. But no way for a demotion. You'll be dealing with exasperating clients and very little talent.
Old Dec 30th 2020, 3:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by aali1987
You'll be dealing with exasperating clients and very little talent.
I think this probably sums up the Middle East in general.
Old Jun 14th 2021, 8:30 am
Just Joined

Expatwannabee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

I am in a similar position that I want to move to Dubai in the Big 4. Can you share your experience with me how things are at the moment please?

Hello Faizy_81

I was wondering whether you managed to get your desired package in the end and have you moved to Dubai yet? I have just started my process with a big 4 for a SM/ Director level job and it is slow!

I am currently a SM going on to be a director in London big 4.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 14th 2021 at 9:12 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.