British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   job concerns (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/job-concerns-528872/)

jrudofsky Apr 13th 2008 6:25 am

Re: job concerns

Really? I don't know anyone out here who does the cleaning themselves? Even the other halves!! Perhaps it should be NOT having too many manicures and pedicures?!

jvr20 Apr 13th 2008 6:31 am

Originally Posted by jrudofsky (Post 6200568)
Really? I don't know anyone out here who does the cleaning themselves? Even the other halves!! Perhaps it should be NOT having too many manicures and pedicures?!

I do my own cleaning... though I outsource my washing and ironing as no room in the flat for a washing machine/ironing board!

jrudofsky Apr 13th 2008 6:36 am

It must be even smaller than mine! Which I disn't think was possible!

twinkle-star Apr 13th 2008 6:49 am

Originally Posted by jrudofsky (Post 6200568)

I am the Queen of cleaning................Anthea Turner is my hero..:wub:

Blue Cat Apr 13th 2008 7:00 am

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 6200607)
I am the Queen of cleaning................Anthea Turner is my hero..:wub:

me too, I do all my own housework ;)

jrudofsky Apr 13th 2008 7:04 am

Hmm i clearly need to be less lazy! But mopping floors kills me!

Inselaffen Apr 13th 2008 7:11 am

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 6200524)
Get down on one knee and ask the women to marry you ...Problem solved!

Then she can some out here and spend her days sunbathing and attending coffee mornings whilst you work hard to support her! :D

he'll need a better paying job for that!

Madam Medusa Apr 13th 2008 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6200628)
me too, I do all my own housework ;)

you mug...:p

MM, xx

twinkle-star Apr 13th 2008 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6201534)
you mug...:p

MM, xx

Still got that aversion to housework phobia then MM?? :ohmy:

admon Apr 13th 2008 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 6201645)

For the sake of 30dhs an hour, we get a great (legal) agency in every saturday that go through the house. And we send all our ironing to the dry cleaners, apart from pants and socks of course.
At the end of the day, those services are great value and allow you more time to enjoy. Surely that is what life is about?

Inselaffen Apr 13th 2008 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 6201645)

the word in red could be removed from that post and it would make even more sense :)

MataHari Apr 13th 2008 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by admon (Post 6201687)
For the sake of 30dhs an hour, we get a great (legal) agency in every saturday that go through the house. And we send all our ironing to the dry cleaners, apart from pants and socks of course.
At the end of the day, those services are great value and allow you more time to enjoy. Surely that is what life is about?

ab-so-bloody-lutely.....
I cannot see any pros to doing your own cleaning etc...hate hate hate it...plus I am not good at it...and what's more...I don't want to be good at it...what's the point...

admon Apr 13th 2008 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6201694)
the word in red could be removed from that post and it would make even more sense :)

meeeooowww

Inselaffen Apr 13th 2008 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6201703)
ab-so-bloody-lutely.....
I cannot see any pros to doing your own cleaning etc...hate hate hate it...plus I am not good at it...and what's more...I don't want to be good at it...what's the point...

did have a cleaner twice a week when I had my own apartment but now I have only an en-suite room to deal with I do it myself. would use the cleaner who does the communal areas of the Villa but she is useless and wouldn't trust her.

admon Apr 13th 2008 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6201718)
did have a cleaner twice a week when I had my own apartment but now I have only an en-suite room to deal with I do it myself. would use the cleaner who does the communal areas of the Villa but she is useless and wouldn't trust her.

Yeah I have heard some maid horror stories.
We don't let the agency have keys to the villa and make sure we are around a lot of the time they are cleaning (in the pool usually!?).