Reload this Page >

Jet skiing in Dubai

Jet skiing in Dubai

Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Opponent is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jet skiing in Dubai

Morning all,

Sorry for asking this, if it’s already been mentioned but I couldn’t find anything relevant when I used the search feature

Is there a place one can go jet skiing in Dubai. I have some family coming down and they really want to do this.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:39 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jet skiing in Dubai

Originally Posted by Opponent
Morning all,

Sorry for asking this, if it’s already been mentioned but I couldn’t find anything relevant when I used the search feature

Is there a place one can go jet skiing in Dubai. I have some family coming down and they really want to do this.
You could try one of the many beaches here
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lionheart
You could try one of the many beaches here
Well I know you cant at jumeirah beach, so was wondering if anyone knew if its possible at mamzar beach or jebel ali beach and had a telephone number I could call
Old Feb 24th 2009, 8:06 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

The hotels by JBR do jetski-ing - Sheraton, Hilton, er...Ritz Carlton... Westin?
Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
The hotels by JBR do jetski-ing - Sheraton, Hilton, er...Ritz Carlton... Westin?
I rang all the above hotels and they all said the same thing, which was that its not possible unless you own one.

Surely there must be a place where I can go and rent one
Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:46 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I rang all the above hotels and they all said the same thing, which was that its not possible unless you own one.

they were all banned following an accident a couple of years back.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:50 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

wow...must try that !!

Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:52 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
they were all banned following an accident a couple of years back.
You may need to resort to Plan B and take your friends snow ski-ing at the MOE instead or you could try ice-skating at Dubai Mall.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

You could go along to the Kempinski in Ajman.

They have jet skis on the beach, i've done it a few times. Cant remember the prices though.

You would have to pay to use the facilities at the hotel - around 200dhs per person but if you were making a day of it by the pool/beach you might enjoy it.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

adam_81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its a bit of a drive but there is Um Al Qumain (not sure on the spelling of that) but dont know anywhere in Dubai now, let me know if you find somewhere a little closer to home.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 4:40 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

So, if you DO own one, where can you go? Been thinking about buying one for a while, but unsure where I could actually run the thing...
Old Feb 25th 2009, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
So, if you DO own one, where can you go? Been thinking about buying one for a while, but unsure where I could actually run the thing...
The nearest place i found was in Sharjah at the Lou Lou'a Beach resort. They charge Dhs 100 for 20 minutes. Maybe Sharjah hasnt banned them.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:05 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

The nearest place i found was in Sharjah at the Lou Lou'a Beach resort. They charge Dhs 100 for 20 minutes. Maybe Sharjah hasnt banned them.
They charge you for using your own jetski?????
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

They charge you for using your own jetski?????
sorry my bad. They charge for using their jet skis.... But from what i have been told you have to get a licence and then you can use your own anywhere

But like everything else here, depends on who you ask
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

You can use your own jet ski at Mamzar lagoon i have been told. Also found an article

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20...-analytics.com

There are also a few renting compaines there as well

Location is here http://wikimapia.org/#lat=25.3102591...16&l=0&m=a&v=2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.