Jeddah Schools

Old Jul 12th 2010, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

ShawJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jeddah Schools

Hi,

I am from the UK and have just started a job in Jeddah. The plan was to sort out my accommodation and secure places in a school for my two children and then bring the family out in December. I have approached both the British International and Jeddah Prep but it appears they are both fully booked for 2010/2011!

Does anyone know if there are any other schools that might be suitable?

Thanks,
Jason
Old Jul 13th 2010, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of
Default Re: Jeddah Schools

The ONLY other alternative would be the AISJ, American International School of Jeddah.
But the best school would be the British Intercon followed by AISJ.
All in all those schools are good enough for primary. My two children are at Aisj in High school and we will move them back to Europe in the next year, to ensure that they get proper education.
Good luck with getting a place. Sometimes people sign up for the following school year but don't show up anyhow. So by the beginning of the new school year there could be some openings again. Keep in close contact with the schools.
You find the contact details for the American School here:
Www.aisj.edu.sa
Old Jul 13th 2010, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Fugative is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jason Welcome to Jeddah

Ive been here for 10 days and Im looking for the same, Planning to bring family jan/feb time to fit in school next term after summer break.

If you need any help give us a pm, Ill try to help if I can.

Regards
Fugative
Old Jul 15th 2010, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

I guess ,that you are a muslim?

If this would have been our only choice, we wouldn't have moved our children here!
Old Jul 15th 2010, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

It's just that you have maybe a different view of things or what is important in a school and that you maybe appreciate huge prayer rooms in a school, like they are praised on the schools webside, while I would never ever send my kids there!
Anyhow, good luck with your new job.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

ShawJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Dilmun,

Are you saying the JKS is not suitable for children from the UK?
Old Jul 25th 2010, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

susan66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Samraja....

I hope you are well and enjoying Jeddah. I would like to ask your impressions of Jeddah Knowledge School as a teacher and as a parent. We are currently residing in Jeddah but are prepared to relocate if Jed Prep, intercontinental and the american schools are full.....I havent heard much about the school...but it does look nice.
My children are 13,9,6.......due to reasons they have missed 4 yrs of schooling so was wondering if the school would be accommodating to put the kids back a few years especially the 13 yr old?
How do you rate the standard of education?

Many thanks
susan.