Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

JBR: What do you think we would have to pay?

JBR: What do you think we would have to pay?

Old Oct 12th 2008, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

RitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to all
Default Re: JBR: What do you think we would have to pay?

Originally Posted by CeeBee
Its absolutely fine. Ok, some mornings it takes a few more minutes but in general its great for access. The new jebel ali junction is open (ish) now too. I just wish they'd get rid of some of the daft blockades. They're a pain in the backside and stop you crossing straight over onto the bridges.

Its a proper little community now. Take a walk down the front and its really busy, its cool. Sadly no supermarket within walking distance.
What about Al Maya in Bahar sector? It's a bit pricey but they have everything you need.

Access to JBR isn't a problem it's the marina itself that causes the hold ups getting off the SZR; why they can't phase the lights at Spinneys at rush hour is beyond me!
Old Oct 13th 2008, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Foxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really nice

I live there and would have no hesitation in reccomending it to couples/singletons....but reckon you should be able to get a 2 bed for around 170/180k thru hard negotaitons....
Old Oct 13th 2008, 12:53 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RitchieD
What about Al Maya in Bahar sector? It's a bit pricey but they have everything you need.

Access to JBR isn't a problem it's the marina itself that causes the hold ups getting off the SZR; why they can't phase the lights at Spinneys at rush hour is beyond me!
If you're going to JBR, don't go to the Spinneys lights...

I'm dreading the Marina Mall opening in terms of traffic.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 1:18 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by typical
If you're going to JBR, don't go to the Spinneys lights...

I'm dreading the Marina Mall opening in terms of traffic.
I agree Typical, as more and more apartments are rented and the Mall opens well it is just going to end up congested. It is bad enough as it is if you ask me.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

alexalexa is an unknown quantity at this point

do you know when the marina mall will open?
Old Oct 13th 2008, 1:26 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alexalexa
do you know when the marina mall will open?
should be this year...
Old Oct 13th 2008, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

alexalexa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MataHari
should be this year...
yay!!!!!!
Old Oct 14th 2008, 6:02 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
should be this year...
prob next year...

yay
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:11 pm

Guest 3456 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
it's great now, i was there the other day, and really, it's changed beyond all recognition...if i was single, i'd defo live there...

MM, xx
is tht JBR or Al Barsha, MM?? What is the Al Barsha area like to live in???
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpunkyMonkey
is tht JBR or Al Barsha, MM?? What is the Al Barsha area like to live in???
i was talking about jbr, but i like barsha too, near to loads of things...

MM, xx
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:24 pm

i was talking about jbr, but i like barsha too, near to loads of things...

MM, xx
where would you rather live?

to be honest, i was thinking of moving to barsha but have got a scooby what it's like as an area. Nice? Mediocre? or not all that??
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

where would you rather live?

to be honest, i was thinking of moving to barsha but have got a scooby what it's like as an area. Nice? Mediocre? or not all that??
jbr is basically apartments, and you can walk to bars, restaurants and shops...barsha is double and single story villas in the main, with an increasing number of apartment blocks...it's near mall of the emirates, and not far from madinat, the marina etc...you need to see for yourself really...

MM, xx
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:44 pm

jbr is basically apartments, and you can walk to bars, restaurants and shops...barsha is double and single story villas in the main, with an increasing number of apartment blocks...it's near mall of the emirates, and not far from madinat, the marina etc...you need to see for yourself really...

MM, xx
think i will need to. So if i lived in barsha and wanted to go out in Marina, what's the deal? What's the best way to get to marina from there? I take it walking is out of the question??

are the new apartments in barsha nice?
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

think i will need to. So if i lived in barsha and wanted to go out in Marina, what's the deal? What's the best way to get to marina from there? I take it walking is out of the question??

are the new apartments in barsha nice?
short taxi ride, and taxis are cheap...the difficulty at the moment is getting hold of one...

haven't seen inside the new apts, blue cat lives there, sure she will comment...

MM, xx
Old Oct 17th 2008, 1:11 pm

short taxi ride, and taxis are cheap...the difficulty at the moment is getting hold of one...

haven't seen inside the new apts, blue cat lives there, sure she will comment...

MM, xx
righty O MM....will ask BC x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.