Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

JBR: What do you think we would have to pay?

JBR: What do you think we would have to pay?

Old Oct 10th 2008, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

alexalexa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default JBR: What do you think we would have to pay?

Hi,

What do you think a 2 bedroom 2,5 bathroom in JBR (around 1500 squarefeet) in very good condition and furnished with normal view (Marina view, some water and some construction, but no beach view) and not very hight up (between 5-9th floor) would cost per year? We heard from a Real Estate agent there might be something coming up....
Old Oct 10th 2008, 5:54 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: JBR: What do you think we would have to pay?

http://www.dubizzle.com/search/menu/...itesearch.y=11

this has been posted many times...but for you I'll do it again...
Old Oct 10th 2008, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Mata Hari, I know dubizzle and have seen a few apartments in person from there. The prices vary a lot and I assume that some people post a price below what they would rent it for to attract attention while others post a higher price to see if people would be still interested. I am hoping to meet people here that have a better insight than I do on property rental prices right now.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 5:58 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alexalexa
Thanks Mata Hari, I know dubizzle and have seen a few apartments in person from there. The prices vary a lot and I assume that some people post a price below what they would rent it for to attract attention while others post a higher price to see if people would be still interested. I am hoping to meet people here that have a better insight than I do on property rental prices right now.
there are loads of recent threads on this subject...maybe you can do a search...
Old Oct 11th 2008, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

Chesney Hawkes will become famous soon enoughChesney Hawkes will become famous soon enough

Hi,

What do you think a 2 bedroom 2,5 bathroom in JBR (around 1500 squarefeet) in very good condition and furnished with normal view (Marina view, some water and some construction, but no beach view) and not very hight up (between 5-9th floor) would cost per year? We heard from a Real Estate agent there might be something coming up....
That's quite a big apartment, I would hazard a guess around AED200k as a ballpark figure. Some friends of mine rented a similar apt. in the Marina a few months ago for around 185k.
Old Oct 11th 2008, 5:55 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

why JBR, personally I think it is an overpriced concrete jungle
Old Oct 11th 2008, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chesney Hawkes
That's quite a big apartment, I would hazard a guess around AED200k as a ballpark figure. Some friends of mine rented a similar apt. in the Marina a few months ago for around 185k.
200 k would be perfect, that is exactly our housing allowance.
Old Oct 11th 2008, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
which areas would you recommend?
Old Oct 11th 2008, 8:03 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

which areas would you recommend?
you can get a two bed in Al Barsha, in the TECOM area for 140k. Construction a bit of a mare but no worse than the Marina. I think access is better than the Marina. Imagine when the marina is finished all the cars!!! anyway it is your decision at the end of the day. Alot ofpeople prefer the marina because of the shops and restaurants. Personally I would rather pay 140k and pocket the other 60k
Old Oct 11th 2008, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

you can get a two bed in Al Barsha, in the TECOM area for 140k. Construction a bit of a mare but no worse than the Marina. I think access is better than the Marina. Imagine when the marina is finished all the cars!!! anyway it is your decision at the end of the day. Alot ofpeople prefer the marina because of the shops and restaurants. Personally I would rather pay 140k and pocket the other 60k
well, me and my husband are set on the marina, one of the reasons are my terrible driving skills. I am the person everyone is honking at all the time here at least there are some things to do in the marina without having a car....
Old Oct 11th 2008, 8:16 am
Concierge

well, me and my husband are set on the marina, one of the reasons are my terrible driving skills. I am the person everyone is honking at all the time here at least there are some things to do in the marina without having a car....
very true, but it is isn't wise to blow all your housing allowance in one go, try and get slightly under budget, it will give you something to play with next when the rent goes up.
Old Oct 11th 2008, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

it's great now, i was there the other day, and really, it's changed beyond all recognition...if i was single, i'd defo live there...

MM, xx
Old Oct 11th 2008, 2:03 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
it's great now, i was there the other day, and really, it's changed beyond all recognition...if i was single, i'd defo live there...

MM, xx
it is greatly improved and so are the rents they have done a pretty good job of it, try getting in and out at rush hour though, different story altogether
Old Oct 11th 2008, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

it is greatly improved and so are the rents they have done a pretty good job of it, try getting in and out at rush hour though, different story altogether
two of the girls in my office live there and don't have any problems...it's much better there than i ever thought it would be...mind you, don't know what it would be like if all the apartments were occupied...

MM, xx
Old Oct 11th 2008, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Its absolutely fine. Ok, some mornings it takes a few more minutes but in general its great for access. The new jebel ali junction is open (ish) now too. I just wish they'd get rid of some of the daft blockades. They're a pain in the backside and stop you crossing straight over onto the bridges.

Its a proper little community now. Take a walk down the front and its really busy, its cool. Sadly no supermarket within walking distance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.