Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Ive found a co. for cheap calls back home

Ive found a co. for cheap calls back home

Old Nov 16th 2004, 11:31 pm
carlwolf

Default Ive found a co. for cheap calls back home

Ive found using onecell I can call back home for 5c US per 30 secs from my mobile anywhere in the world, voice quality is clear. Its easy to setup and they have a good referral system. here are the rates http://www.1cellnet.com/?i=rates#

Old Nov 17th 2004, 1:00 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ive found a co. for cheap calls back home

Originally Posted by carlwolf
Ive found using onecell I can call back home for 5c US per 30 secs from my mobile anywhere in the world, voice quality is clear. Its easy to setup and they have a good referral system. here are the rates http://www.1cellnet.com/?i=rates#
thanks carlwolf and welcome to the ME forum......always good to know!

Last edited by Face81; Nov 17th 2004 at 1:02 pm.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 2:04 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Just tried that link and its blocked
Old Nov 17th 2004, 2:11 pm
rafter

that's coz you use Etisalat so they block em. I had a look at the site but I'm not sure how it works

Last edited by rafter; Nov 17th 2004 at 2:13 pm.

Old Nov 17th 2004, 4:56 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rafter
that's coz you use Etisalat so they block em. I had a look at the site but I'm not sure how it works
had a look aswell from uni (where there are no proxies!)...... seemed a little complex..... anyone care to explain?
Old Nov 17th 2004, 6:59 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

good to know... can someone post the data up here as most of us are blocked due to Etisilat... cheers...
Old Nov 17th 2004, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

smartd is a jewel in the roughsmartd is a jewel in the roughsmartd is a jewel in the roughsmartd is a jewel in the roughsmartd is a jewel in the rough

Alright nothin is really blocked its just your imagination

Here goes nothin:

About Us Page:

1Cellnet LLC is a telecommunications company incorporated in Delaware USA. We have already established an accredited Licensee in Australia, Unified Interactive Pty Ltd., to handle our world wide merchant facility. The Corporation is completely Globally-Seamless. This applies to products and services that are coupled with a world-first compensation program.

"We believe that along with our Customers, our Affiliates are the most vital component of the 1Cellnet family. We will not accept second-class service and do not expect our family to either. We trust you will enjoy saving money, as well as making money, the 1Cellnet way…Best regards".

From the desk of Mark Cook - CEO

Savings Page:

Assume that you have registered your PIN to a number of Cellular/Mobile/Landline phones in your home country, you can then connect to a Landline phone for 5c a 30 second Unit in:

Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico City, Netherlands, Norway, Palestine, Poland, Portugal, Rio de Janeiro, Sofia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.

There are others at this fantastic rate and there are also a number of destinations at 6-8c a Unit as well.

Keep in mind you can also register your PIN to an International number as well. This is designed for travelers who use prepaid SIM cards or local phones when they are away from home. If you wish to use your usual phone when abroad, please check the details about roaming with your carrier. 1CellNet cannot be responsible for additional charges incurred over and above our services.

Even better news yet, you can use your registered phones and connect to either a Landline or a Cellular for 5c a 30 second Unit in:

Canada, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore & the U.S.A.

Now these are the best PSTN rates available. Keep in mind a number of countries have only a few cents difference in the rates between Landline and Cellular.

Rates Page:

Dear Member,

Our displayed rates are based on the Destination of your call. It is irrelevant where you live, simply look up the destination that you wish to connect to, and check out our incredible rates.

Our Master list contains hundreds of destinations. NB: The rates are set out in a format that makes it easy to understand at a glance. $0.05 = 5c US.

The TLC system is geared to operate in all areas that support Cellular/Mobile phone networks. It is important to have a text enabled GSM handset, with the exception of the USA, where a special gateway has been established to handle both GSM and the more usual Tri-band system. We are constantly negotiating with various providers to get you even better rates again. Happy connections.

You can use your Cellular/Mobile phone and connect to a Landline phone in any of the available destinations around the globe for 5c a 30 second Unit. Better still, you can use your Cellular/Mobile phone and connect to a Cellular/Mobile/Landline phone for 5c a 30 second Unit in the big 6:

Canada
China
Hong Kong
Malaysia
Singapore
U.S.A.

Call Instructions Page:

We are pleased to present you with a simple Instruction sheet to get you up and rolling with our fantastic Communications services. For those who wish to analyze the technical information just click on the links and you will find a comprehensive explanation of all systems. Whichever version you choose to rely on, we suggest that you read and re-read these instructions in order to fully understand the functions of our Product Range. Please find the required Commands below that you will need to get activated on the service.

1. Phone to Phone calls from your PC’s Desktop Interface:
It is important to load your directory prior to using the service to ensure speedy and efficient connections. Go to your personal Web Site and login. The guide below is a sample where you wish to connect to Mary Smith at her home number.

www.1cellnet.com/username > Login > Connections > Phone to Phone > Edit your Phone to Phone Directory > Enter Name > MSH > Enter Number > Add > Phone to Phone Connect* > Click MSH > Connect. More Details.

* Phone to Phone may be accessed via 2 separate methods. If you are in your Members area, it would be accessed by using the Members Console. If you are not logged in, it may be accessed by clicking on the iPhone icon on your desktop and log in from there.

2. Phone to Phone calls from your Cell/Mobile Phone using TLC:
All gateways use exactly the same methods and commands except the one based in Denmark , which has a different command to connect. You may simply send a text message to the gateway of your choice, whether that is based on the cost of messaging or the closest location to you.

Gateway Numbers:

Australasia 1: +61427767669
Australasia 2: +61416905414
South Africa 1 +27 84 839 4831
South Africa 2: 32011 (Short Code South Africa only)
Western Europe: +447624807060
North America: +13104023375
South America: +552188915590
Southern Europe: +377731983491
South East Asia: +New Number Soon
East Asia: +85261824611 (HK & China)
Denmark: 1231 (Denmark Only)*
*Please use call as keyword to initiate calls instead of C

Please ensure that you insert the + symbol prior to the number.

We suggest that you save Gateway numbers in your phone directory as: AA, AB, AC, AD etc.

Firstly you need to understand the basic TLC commands. NB: Where a space is required, we have inserted an underscore to remind you to make a space between characters. Naturally you don't need to insert an underscore, simply leave a space between characters.

A_[PIN] Activates a GSM number (supports multiple users on 1 PIN).

C_[Number] To get Connected with your party.

Assuming that you understand the basic commands, you are now ready to activate your number with our Global Platform. For this exercise, we have used AA throughout to be consistent.

Activation:
Select a saved Gateway number. AA > Send Message > A_[PIN] > Send > Receive Text.

Now you are activated, you are ready to make calls. Assuming that you have now saved some entries in your directory, including Mary Smith’s home number as MSH, let’s show you how to connect to her easily.

Connecting:
Select AA > Send Message > C_MSH > Send > Receive Call > Connected. More Details.

NB: When using the Malaysian Gateway, the call command is call, rather than just the letter C.

3. Phone to Phone calls from your Landline Phone using E-Card.
E-Card is a virtual card, not a piece of plastic as such. Your E-Card PIN number and Account Number is embedded in your Members area. Simply click on Connections > Phone to Phone > Order your E-Card > E-Card Ordering Page. You may vary the amount to load to your E-Card in this menu. For those in countries where E-Card is available, simply follow this process:

Dial the Access number. Access Numbers.

At the prompt, enter the PIN number you have received followed by the (#) key. After confirmation from the system operator, dial the number you wish to call followed by the (#) key. After you complete the call, you may dial the (#) key twice (##) to start a new call. More Details.

4. PC to Phone calls from your PC’s Desktop Interface:
All Members now have another option to get connected. This function will enable those with reasonable Desktop Computers to actually make calls from their PC to Phones around the planet. The rates in most instances are lower than the Cellular to Phone rates. Some of the plums are: Australia - Landline 3c, Canada - Landline & Cell 3c, China - Landline & Cell 3c, Hong Kong - Landline & Cell 3c, Italy, Netherlands, Norway (Landline) 3c, Singapore - Landline & Cell 3c, UK - Landline 3c and the USA - Landline & Cell 3c etc. This is a great way of saving even further money. More Details.

This is a simple process for you to operate and you will appreciate once you master it, the more advanced functions. The first time you use the system, it will probably take you a minute or so to work it out, but after a few calls, you will get it down to 10 seconds or even less. Please take the time to read and re-read all the information, so you can learn how to make your experience even easier.

5. Phone to Phone calls using your cell phone and GPRS (no SMS).
If you have a phone that has Java and GPRS capabilities you can make calls from your cell phone without sending an SMS. If you can use iPhone, 1cPhone is just as simple but you don’t need to be near the computer. How it works – A small program is downloaded onto your handset. You can use it to access your phone book, registered numbers, and credit balance. When you want to dial a number simply enter it into 1cPhone and it will initiate the call within seconds, anywhere in the world. For more information click here.

Happy Connections

1CellNet Technical Support
[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------Bottom Line: I'm tired of pasting so pm me if you need more but basically this is just another company and not available for people in Middle East.

Cheers,

D
Old Nov 17th 2004, 7:30 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

cheers for the info SmartD...

du noit think it would work for the UAE.

my bed beckons.... as does the person in it...nite all.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 7:55 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
cheers for the info SmartD...

du noit think it would work for the UAE.

my bed beckons.... as does the person in it...nite all.
lol..... night night m8.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:53 pm
carlwolf

Originally Posted by Face81
lol..... night night m8.
Yeh its available in UAE and the rate is 5c US per 30 secs from your mobile.
In laymans terms i 'l explain how it works.
-once youve registered with 1cell
-you can call any mobile world wide from your mobile
-to do this you send a text msg which contains the number you want to call to a 1cell gateway the gateway then calls you back, you answer and the dialling begins to the mobile number youve chosen to call.
you can also use GPRS to connect cheaper and no txt msg cost.
-It is a prepaid system which you can top up from the 1cell site, and you use your existing carrier plan so you dont change your number and the credit can be used by one or more designated mobile numbers.

regards carl

Old Dec 2nd 2004, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

arieanna81 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you don't mind texting instead of calling, there is a great International text message/sms service called iPiPi (www.ipipi.com)that lets you call anywhere in the world for $0.10. Hope that helps!

Last edited by arieanna81; Dec 2nd 2004 at 10:46 pm.
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 4:54 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

-to do this you send a text msg which contains the number you want to call to a 1cell gateway the gateway then calls you back, you answer and the dialling begins to the mobile number youve chosen to call.
-It is a prepaid system which you can top up from the 1cell site, and you use your existing carrier plan so you dont change your number and the credit can be used by one or more designated mobile numbers.

regards carl
i am just wondering why carlwolf is banned?
Old Jan 9th 2005, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Anya4Dubai will become famous soon enoughAnya4Dubai will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Just tried that link and its blocked
Hi,

Have you tried this one? - http://www.skype.com/ -

It is excellent and it isn't banned - PC to PC is free - and the connection is very clear - better than the etisalat land line

Cheers
Old Jan 9th 2005, 2:19 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by novita77
i am just wondering why carlwolf is banned?
Yes y is he banned ???????? ???????
Old Jan 9th 2005, 2:20 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

regards carl
Why r u banned Carlwolf, just curious

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.