Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Its supposed to rain today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its supposed to rain today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Nov 17th 2004, 10:29 am
Princess

Jamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud of
Default Re: Its supposed to rain today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
[
Jamilla, they can't drive here, full stop. The rain and hail just makes the accidents a little worse than they would have been

It was scary [/QUOTE]

Great. Now I'm REALLY looking forward to moving. I am usually fairly patient, but can't STAND "drivers" that can't drive.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 10:40 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jamila
Jamilla, they can't drive here, full stop. The rain and hail just makes the accidents a little worse than they would have been

It was scary

Great. Now I'm REALLY looking forward to moving. I am usually fairly patient, but can't STAND "drivers" that can't drive.[/QUOTE]

You'll get used to them Jamila, just ignore and they normally go away and pester somebody else. I actually made contact with one of them once on SZ road doing 120!!!! :scared:

He was out to get me for whatever reason and he got really pissed and chased me down the road across 4 lanes!! He backed off when we made contact bless, frightened the life out of me but I was so mad at the time. Actually marked my car but only a little bit.

Best to just stay well away from any dark windowed cars!!!!!!
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:42 am
rafter

we were going down SZ road once in the fast lane and all of a sudden a troop of dark tinted 4WDs thundered past us on the service lane between the 1st lane and the concrete barrier....all had special plate numbers, aren't they meant to set an example to other drivers?

Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:44 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jamila
Sorry to hear about all the accidents-- but WOW thos were incredible pictures!!!!

Another thing- how come people can't drive when it is rain/snow/anything out of the normal???????! The driving itself stays the same...
they freak at rain! and the raods have an oily film over them so it gets nuts when it rains then they do the hazrard lights... first time i saw it was the other day... quite amazing actually...
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:56 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Great. Now I'm REALLY looking forward to moving. I am usually fairly patient, but can't STAND "drivers" that can't drive.
You'll get used to them Jamila, just ignore and they normally go away and pester somebody else. I actually made contact with one of them once on SZ road doing 120!!!! :scared:

He was out to get me for whatever reason and he got really pissed and chased me down the road across 4 lanes!! He backed off when we made contact bless, frightened the life out of me but I was so mad at the time. Actually marked my car but only a little bit.

Best to just stay well away from any dark windowed cars!!!!!!

Does that include Joseph as he is talking of blackened windows
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:02 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kristy
You are gonna LOVE England!!!!!
lol....... i shud hope so! hehehe
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:04 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Wot do u mean worst hit - you were sitting in a pub!!

LOL[/QUOTE]

when i say we, i mean we as in Dubai! lol its sort of my home town so i refer to myself and dubai as we. hehe

cheeky sod!
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:07 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Does that include Joseph as he is talking of blackened windows
Just avoid them Heart they are the worst :scared:
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:08 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
and then you were still sheltering from the elements when u went to the other bar and the next pub and then the last bar.....
hahahaha..... i mean the city m8...... dubai.... and we were almost knocked out by a flying potted plant..... soil and all, remember? and we did get pretty damp when we crazily ventured out into the gale like winds and driving rain. that was fun!
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:18 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

just get dark tinted windows yourself, worked for me.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:29 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by TA5

I thought that was illegal
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:29 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by TA5
yes...... have done it myself and it works quite well....especially if u have a black car...... oh and the fog lights really do clear the road when u need them to get out of yer way. lol..... but they really dont know how to drive in the rain.... i even saw a pick up truck that rammed str8 in2 a tree somewhere in BD..... the driver was lucky to come out alive!.... the idiot must have lost control and BOOM!
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:35 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
yes...... have done it myself and it works quite well....especially if u have a black car...... oh and the fog lights really do clear the road when u need them to get out of yer way. lol..... but they really dont know how to drive in the rain.... i even saw a pick up truck that rammed str8 in2 a tree somewhere in BD..... the driver was lucky to come out alive!.... the idiot must have lost control and BOOM!
Saw that one too !!
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:37 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Saw that one too !!
hmmmmmm....... do u think it might have been the same truck that we both saw?

think i had a different view though... lol
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:41 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
hmmmmmm....... do u think it might have been the same truck that we both saw?

think i had a different view though... lol
Mayhaps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.