Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Its supposed to rain today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its supposed to rain today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Nov 16th 2004, 12:15 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its supposed to rain today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the kiteboarding yesterday was awesome, then we went down to the beach during the rain, the wind was out of this world
Old Nov 16th 2004, 3:00 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
I am not saying a word Hun,I will post on the board and celebrate then hide the keys so I dont have to use the car .... Though I want the wheels I know that the first time alone will petrify me.
the novelty wears off when u become the family taxi driver

Last edited by Truth Speak; Nov 16th 2004 at 3:27 pm.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 3:22 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by novita77
Dont mean to wind u up FACE, but Doha have quite a bit of rain yesterday. :-)
not too worry... u didnt wind me up..... instead we got bucket loads of rain, temperatures plummeted to 13 degrees...... my bedroom was flooded..... 80% of trees on this side of town were blown over..... dubai now has lakes.... and we had hail stones the sixze of 1 dh coins..... so I am guessing that my forecast was spot on! hahaha

sample pics:

Pouring rain on SZR:

Stormy weather across Dubai:

Last edited by Face81; Nov 16th 2004 at 3:41 pm.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 3:45 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
the novelty wears off when u become the family taxi driver
lol..... u do like driving ppl around though.... a little bird told me that..... or errrrrrr........ wait..... how do i know that?

more pics from yesterday:

hail pounding traffic in rashidiya:

hail stones were bigger than 50 fils coins in diameter! - see the one on the far right:
Old Nov 16th 2004, 4:39 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by lillygirl
What I would give to have some sun........ don't wish for rain - you will have plenty in January!!!

It is soooo cold here at the moment.

Am sitting in the office blowing on my fingers to warm them up - the joys of working for a charity with no money for central heating!!
i love the rain..... even if its cold! honestly........ temps plummeted to 13 degrees during the height of the storm..... was really windy as well...... no street lighting on this side of town and loads of trees were snapped in half aswell!
Old Nov 16th 2004, 4:40 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
I think more rain is on its way, there is a huge dark cloud over my villa... let it rain!!!

i ope thats not the one Joe was refering to earlier? hahahaha
Old Nov 16th 2004, 4:44 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Benson
apparetnly they had rain on the east coast
there is no aparently about it m8..... ask shiva...... he even got struck by lightning for trying to do a runner on us. hahahahahaha
Old Nov 16th 2004, 5:54 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Face81]not too worry... u didnt wind me up..... instead we got bucket loads of rain, temperatures plummeted to 13 degrees...... my bedroom was flooded..... 80% of trees on this side of town were blown over..... dubai now has lakes.... and we had hail stones the sixze of 1 dh coins..... so I am guessing that my forecast was spot on! hahaha

FACE:
Hope u enjoyed ur rain (and stones!)
Old Nov 17th 2004, 8:47 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by novita77
FACE:
Hope u enjoyed ur rain (and stones!)
yeah thanks, though there was alot of destruction..........

286 traffic accidents in 3 hours, 85 hail stone related injuries, 100's of millions of dirhams worth of produce was destroyed, in some areas of deira the hail stones were so large that they dented cars and cracked car windscreens! :scared:

the 55 knot winds uprooted hundreds of trees and the pouring rain killed a couple in hatta by washing their car off the road! :scared:

mixed blessing me thinks.....dubai got 25mm of rain that night, followed by sharjah at 9mm and the rest of the northern emirates got 5mm's or less...... so we were officially the worst hit......... and that is alot of rain when u consider that the annual average rainfall in dubai is around 150mm's.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:00 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Face81
i love the rain..... even if its cold! honestly........ temps plummeted to 13 degrees during the height of the storm..... was really windy as well...... no street lighting on this side of town and loads of trees were snapped in half aswell!
You are gonna LOVE England!!!!!
Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:07 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

mixed blessing me thinks.....dubai got 25mm of rain that night, followed by sharjah at 9mm and the rest of the northern emirates got 5mm's or less...... so we were officially the worst hit......... and that is alot of rain when u consider that the annual average rainfall in dubai is around 150mm's.
[/QUOTE]
Wot do u mean worst hit - you were sitting in a pub!!

LOL
Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:15 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

LOL[/QUOTE]

and then you were still sheltering from the elements when u went to the other bar and the next pub and then the last bar.....
Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:20 am
Premium Member

Originally Posted by joseph.creative

LOL
and then you were still sheltering from the elements when u went to the other bar and the next pub and then the last bar.....
[/QUOTE]
lolololol LMAO

was that a bar ??
Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:24 am
Princess

Jamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear about all the accidents-- but WOW thos were incredible pictures!!!!

Another thing- how come people can't drive when it is rain/snow/anything out of the normal???????! The driving itself stays the same...
Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:26 am
Premium Member

[
QUOTE=Jamila]Sorry to hear about all the accidents-- but WOW thos were incredible pictures!!!!

Another thing- how come people can't drive when it is rain/snow/anything out of the normal???????! The driving itself stays the same...
[/QUOTE]
Jamilla, they can't drive here, full stop. The rain and hail just makes the accidents a little worse than they would have been

It was scary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.