Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

the It's Raining, It's Pouring thread

the It's Raining, It's Pouring thread

Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default the It's Raining, It's Pouring thread

so come on, let's have a good old British style whinge about the weather.

I'll start, shall I?

My 10 minute walk to work today was stretched to 30 by firstly avoiding large puddles, and then working up the dignity to de-shoe and roll up in the middle of the road for the final crossing... had to wait until I was out of view of a schoolbus-full of kids

I hear on the radio that Emirates is totally blocked in the northern direction from the first Sharjah turn off to National Paints.

Ankle deep outside my office, which is now an island
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the It's Raining, It's Pouring thread

Originally Posted by jvr20
so come on, let's have a good old British style whinge about the weather.

I'll start, shall I?

My 10 minute walk to work today was stretched to 30 by firstly avoiding large puddles, and then working up the dignity to de-shoe and roll up in the middle of the road for the final crossing... had to wait until I was out of view of a schoolbus-full of kids

I hear on the radio that Emirates is totally blocked in the northern direction from the first Sharjah turn off to National Paints.

Ankle deep outside my office, which is now an island
I love it, makes a nice change, even though the roof is leaking in my house but kind enough to fall into the bath

Must remember to not keep my window of car open as you quickly forget the effect of a passing speeding car going through a puddle has on you being soaked inside the car ......
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:55 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I hate it. Feels as if I am living inside a dishwasher right now.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 5:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

its a nightmare. reminds me too much of England

my usual 20 minute commute took 1 hour and 20 minutes this morning!
Old Jan 15th 2008, 5:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

omg, it's horrendous...the roads are wild, it took ages to do the school run and we all got soaked, and it's getting worse by the minute...

MM, xx
Old Jan 15th 2008, 5:17 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Our street has been transformed into a kneedeep puddle...
Taking the little one to school this morning, there was a Ferrari going through a pool that reached the windscreen...that was funny....
I love to go to the desert in a couple of week, cause it will have turned really green just like last year...
Old Jan 15th 2008, 5:58 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MataHari
Our street has been transformed into a kneedeep puddle...
Taking the little one to school this morning, there was a Ferrari going through a pool that reached the windscreen...that was funny....
I love to go to the desert in a couple of week, cause it will have turned really green just like last year...
I would love you to go to the desert too. Meanwhile, please leave my Ferrari alone.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 6:00 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
I would love you to go to the desert too.
what...and never come back again
Old Jan 15th 2008, 6:53 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

what...and never come back again
You must be a mind reader amongst all your other many talents...
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure it can be arranged
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:22 am
hmmmm...nice

yeah...it's shocking the amount of filth that goes on in that little head of yours.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:38 am
hmmmm...nice

Uptown Mirdif Primary school has just been closed....too much leakage in the building, and if it keeps on raining they won't be open tomorrow either...
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

JVR, the image of you rolling up your trousers and wading through a puddle in the road is wonderful... You're a village boy at heart, aren't you?

Me, I'm liking the rain even tho I get soaked every time I go out for a fag break.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Uptown Mirdif Primary school has just been closed....too much leakage in the building, and if it keeps on raining they won't be open tomorrow either...
oh joy...let the heavens open, lol...

MM, xx
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
JVR, the image of you rolling up your trousers and wading through a puddle in the road is wonderful... You're a village boy at heart, aren't you?

Me, I'm liking the rain even tho I get soaked every time I go out for a fag break.
do they let all the fags go out for a break?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.