Internet service?

Old Jun 16th 2005, 12:44 am
Super freak

American Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to all
Default Internet service?

How many providers are there in the UAE?

I was under the impression that there were at least 2 providers of Internet, but have someone in Al Ain who insists that there is only one. She is somewhat of a negative twat (am I allowed to type that?), so i would LOVE to be able to provide her with "more accurate" information.

Thanks - AM
Old Jun 16th 2005, 1:10 am
W10

Default Re: Internet service?

Etisalat is the government monopoly.

There is also Sahm/DIC (mostly owned by the government anyway) which is only available to residents of Emaar's Emirates Hills development.

This company is set to become the 'competition' for Etisalat later in the year so Dubai can make a token attempt at having a competitive market for WTO purposes.

Old Jun 16th 2005, 1:49 am
Super freak

American Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to all
Default Re: Internet service?

Originally Posted by W10
Etisalat is the government monopoly.

There is also Sahm/DIC (mostly owned by the government anyway) which is only available to residents of Emaar's Emirates Hills development.

This company is set to become the 'competition' for Etisalat later in the year so Dubai can make a token attempt at having a competitive market for WTO purposes.
Thank you very much! That is enough for me to just stick it to her a little! Don't know why but I am getting really annoyed with the negative "know it all's" I have come in contact with through another site....

I am excited about this wonderful and new opportunity for my family and these people are just wearing on my nerves!!! OK, so maybe it is the combination of these people, packing and trying to get all our paperwork in order.......

AM