Internet Issues

Old Jul 4th 2013, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

abudhabinewbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Internet Issues

Hi All

Anyone else have issues with their internet intermittently cutting off an then coming back on again?

It must happen to me 4 or 6 times a day where it will cut off and then between 5-30 seconds later it will reconnect

I have changed router etc and etisalat have been out 3 times but cant see any issues although the guys they send out seem pretty useless

any advice would be great as its really disturbing my xbox live
Old Jul 5th 2013, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

abudhabinewbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Internet Issues

anyone, this is really frustrating!
Old Jul 5th 2013, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

brendon2001ad is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a D-Link Router which did this. Swapped it and no problems but you say you have done this already.

It could be something interfering with the signal e.g. next door's wireless. Google how to change the wireless frequency on the router. As there are so many different models it is easier to do it yourself.
Old Jul 6th 2013, 7:46 am
Just Joined

mrthoth is an unknown quantity at this point

nup, never, I do find the mobily data connection is iffy when I use skype in the car.

Best piece of kit I got was the 4G from STC (1400SAR for a year unlimited) and I then use pureVPN or StrongVPN or a bunch of others to port out.

Watched the apprentice last night on iplayer end to end, not a glitch.
Old Jul 6th 2013, 12:54 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I have the same all the time, I just live with it.
Old Jul 6th 2013, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

No, I don't have this problem. However, next time the Etishite people come out, demand they send a "proper technician" - I know of someone who was having endless problems getting the incompetent idiots they sent out to do anything, eventually she lost her temper and demanded they telephone back and get a proper technician immediately, and a short time later someone turned up who was able to sort the problem reasonably quickly.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 7:05 am
Just Joined

Dan2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

The Internet is really frustrating for me too, however I changed from a Belkin router to a Etisalat "approved" one. No problems so far...