Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

International Driving Licence / Permit: Dubai

International Driving Licence / Permit: Dubai

Old Mar 20th 2013, 5:54 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default International Driving Licence / Permit: Dubai

Ok, here's the procedure (as of March 2013)

Location: Belhasa Driving Centre, situated just desert-side of th Latifa Hospital, which is near Wafi Mall. Take directions for Latifa Hospital, then look for the source of all the learner cars.

Required Docs (copies): Photo page from your passport, visa page from your passport, UAE driving licence. (Actually I hadn't got the correct photocopies, but took my original docs with me and they did them there free of charge.)
2 passport-size photos. There's a photo booth there, which takes photos against an off-white background; it costs AED20.

Procedure.
1 Enter, ignore ticketing system and go to Room 12, which is just down the first corridor on your right.
2 Present your docs, fill in the form they give you.
3 Go and pay AED150 at the cashier. Now, strictly speaking, you should go and get a queue ticket for the cashier, but I put on my Hugh Grant Englishman-slightly-lost-abroad look, so he walked me to the cashier (which is just inside the entrance to the right), jumped me to the front of the queue and ensured the cashier dealt with me first.
4 Go back to Room 12, present the receipt, and collect your licence. Despite being jumped to the front of the cashier queue, my licence was ready and waiting by the time I got back to Room 12.

In and out, including using the photo booth, in under 10 mins.

Official website here: http://www.atcuae.ae/international-driving-permit.aspx

Last edited by Bahtatboy; Mar 20th 2013 at 6:26 am.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Driving Licence / Permit: Dubai

or you can go to the post offices they issue them as well as AAA