Info on AD

Old Sep 29th 2010, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

orlan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Info on AD

Hello everyone , I am a newbie and trying to get some insight into AD. Been offered a position. Free housing, medical, dental, school fees and a salary of 28500. During my research the cost of living can be high. Any feedback would be appreciated and thank you in advance.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Info on AD

Originally Posted by orlan
Hello everyone , I am a newbie and trying to get some insight into AD. Been offered a position. Free housing, medical, dental, school fees and a salary of 28500. During my research the cost of living can be high. Any feedback would be appreciated and thank you in advance.
use the search function!
Old Sep 29th 2010, 2:32 pm
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point

As Brains answered, the search function is probably your best bet as this question has been asked a lot, but I am happy to give you some numbers...

If you are getting totally free housing including bills, medical, flights, schooling etc - and depending on the size of your family - then 28,500 AED is not a bad salary at all as your only outlay will be transport (own car or rental plus insurance and petrol), food, internet/telephone and activities and you are able to control how much you want to spend on all of these.

Rough numbers :
Buy a new Ford Explorer for around 100,000 AED and some companies offer an interest free car loan
Petrol for said Ford Explorer depends of course on how much you travel, but to fill up a tank would be around 120 AED
Internet is around 250 AED a month
Telephone is what you want to spend
Cable TV is around 250 AED a month
Meals out can vary from as little as 8 AED a head for local indian thali no alcohol to eye watering amounts
Alcohol is not that cheap - very much western prices with a decent bottle of wine from the bottle shop costing around 70 AED and an average bottle in a nice restaurant costing around 200 AED
Beach can be free or you could have a family membership to one of the clubs

Does this help?
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Yes thank you. The company is ADCO. I guess what you have quoted will be coming out of it, and yes you are correct, they give me a interest free car loan. I have a wife and 1 child. I was hoping to save an amount per month if possible, that is the reason for my post. I did use the search and it did provide some info. I will be working in the centre of AD on the Corniche road, so it may be necessary to have 2 cars, not sure yet.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

I have a bit of a chortle each time I make a call on someone at ADCO.

Half the staff seem to be waiters, swanning around bringing water, juice, tea, coffee and sandwiches to those who aren't waitering
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Orlan and welcome,

No idea as I'm in Dubai but Im sure if you're nice people will help you

Kittycat
x
Old Sep 29th 2010, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Out of interest, what sort of job will you be doing in ADCO?
Old Sep 29th 2010, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

How old is your child? You will need to check if a school place is available if appropriate as many of the schools are full with healthy waiting lists.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

9, but wont be coming out until i know everything is OK
Old Sep 29th 2010, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

9, but wont be coming out until i know everything is OK
Very wise - you have clearly done some research.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 6:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

The salary looks ok on the face of it... i.e. you won't starve and will save, but... what are you doing? you may still being screwed and could get more.

is housing a capped allowance? how big the allowance? what is it you are looking for?

nice location to work... bugger all places to get a sandwich around there though
Old Sep 30th 2010, 9:36 am
Just Joined

I have 200,000 from the company. Eventually would like to get in a compound so my daughter can make friends. Hopefully near to the school she is attending, but by the sound of it that is another problem...getting a school.
Not a racist, but obviously a compound with expats so we can share in common interests. Was 18 years in Saudi.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Depends what type of accommodation you're looking for for your 200K. There seem to be plenty good sized apartments available in Khalidiya (where the ADCO office is located) for that kind of money, but not much available in terms of 3/4/5 bed villas until you get way out of town.

We've just been shown the same villa in the Embassies Area by three different agents, the prices quoted were 220K, 250K and 300K
Old Sep 30th 2010, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Not a racist but?????

Just makes me smile each time I see it. Why not just say I don't want my kids in school with a load of jonny foreigners?
Old Sep 30th 2010, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartans53

Not a racist but?????

Just makes me smile each time I see it. Why not just say I don't want my kids in school with a load of jonny foreigners?
The biggest failing of my move to Dubai is this exact point... Mini Millhouse is now at a school where Brits account for over 95% of the students and the Ranches seem to be dominated by Brits too.

Much better in AD, I used to love it when he came home talking about his mates Yousef and Ahmed and would shout yellah when running around. The birthday parties we attended were most interesting...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.