Inciting Hatred

Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:36 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Inciting Hatred

That nice British lady teacher in Khartoum has today been charged with inciting hatred and insulting Islam for allowing her 7 year old pupils to name the class teddy bear Mohammed...what utter nonsense...I dare not say any more in case Big Brother is watching.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:41 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inciting Hatred

oh no will she get lashed?
Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
oh no will she get lashed?
Forty lashes plus six months plus a fine...surely if she was anti-Islam, she wouldn't have accepted a job there in the first place.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:50 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7112929.stm

Doesn't say anything about 40 lashes and six months though. Do you have a news link?
Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
That nice British lady teacher in Khartoum has today been charged with inciting hatred and insulting Islam for allowing her 7 year old pupils to name the class teddy bear Mohammed...what utter nonsense...I dare not say any more in case Big Brother is watching.
Interesting issue here.

There is a tradition of naming Muslim children Mohammed (or variations thereof), whereas anyone in say the UK naming their son Jesus would be run out of town. (I know some of the Latin Americans do it).

Why isn't naming your child after the Prophet offensive and disrespectful?
Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:57 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Leslie66
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7112929.stm

Doesn't say anything about 40 lashes and six months though. Do you have a news link?
Watching Sky News...they interviewd a British Muslim Youth activist who agreed that the Sudanese had over-reacted, which is a little reassuring but doesn't really help the poor woman.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 3:24 pm
Banned

Dago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to behold

I think that everyone is agreeing thast it is an overreaction - there was even a statement from one of the children apologising for this.

I think we have to accept that it is a general anti american / anti western thing that is going on.

Perhaps.

It is somewhat reassuring that they have a law on incitement - but not when it is misused.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 5:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

well i'll bet the sudanese are shit scared of brown after this response...

Prime Minister Gordon Brown's spokesman said: "We are surprised and disappointed by this development and the Foreign Secretary will summon as a matter of urgency the Sudanese ambassador to discuss the matter further."

MM, xx
Old Nov 28th 2007, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dago
I think that everyone is agreeing thast it is an overreaction - there was even a statement from one of the children apologising for this.

I think we have to accept that it is a general anti american / anti western thing that is going on.

Perhaps.

It is somewhat reassuring that they have a law on incitement - but not when it is misused.
You're right...
Old Nov 28th 2007, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

B.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Dean
Interesting issue here.

There is a tradition of naming Muslim children Mohammed (or variations thereof), whereas anyone in say the UK naming their son Jesus would be run out of town. (I know some of the Latin Americans do it).

Why isn't naming your child after the Prophet offensive and disrespectful?
Yeah, I think if you really wanted to do that you would call him Brian and only Monty Python believers would have it in for you !

How much was that gourd anyway ?
Old Nov 28th 2007, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B.Geezer
Yeah, I think if you really wanted to do that you would call him Brian and only Monty Python believers would have it in for you !

yeah...but as we know, Brian was not the messiah, he was a very naughty boy...

MM, xx
Old Nov 28th 2007, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

B.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud ofB.Geezer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
yeah...but as we know, Brian was not the messiah, he was a very naughty boy...

MM, xx
EXACTLY - that's what his Mum reckoned anyway.

Seriously though - what a joke ! I do hope that poor lady does not get that punishment and I am sure that this is being used to squeeze something extra from the rich nations. This really does make a mockery of religous belief.

Having said that, let's not forget that not so many years ago ( about loads ) in Europe, if you had questioned God you would be pinned on a rather large sharp stick and burnt to death.

Just goes to show that time warps do exist!

Keep banging that drum !!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:13 am
Camel Spotting

Bubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud ofBubbauk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by B.Geezer

Never bought the gourd, only followed it. That and the Sandle. Paid 3 sheckles for the beard though.

He was the messiah! I should know, I've followed a few!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bubbauk
Never bought the gourd, only followed it. That and the Sandle. Paid 3 sheckles for the beard though.

He was the messiah! I should know, I've followed a few!
You lucky, lucky b*stard...
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:47 am
Greying Member

Rog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
You lucky, lucky b*stard...
Wait till Biggus Dickus hears of this!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.